Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Dealer - Vendor Experience
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #16
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
"Ashley"
Wow, this "Ashley" has horrible grammar.

Have your credit card company deny the charge and keep the damper.
Yup. That's what I did. The latest from them is this..

----------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 9:18 AM
To: iris1@rochester.rr.com
Subject: RE: store.58cycle.com : Order #71071

You will need to use clip ons to make it work! You need clip ons on the track. You can return it for a store credit if you do not want to do that. The version that you emailed is not made for sport bikes….the version with the bar riser are for dirk bikes.

Thanks,

Ashley
------------------------------------------
So i responded with...

I do not “NEED” clip-ons for the track. I have wrist issues and clip-ons will make that worse. Please issue a return authorization immediately and refund my money in full. You sold me an item that is not correct for my bike, and you should refund my money in full. If you are going to sell these products it is your responsibility to sell the correct version for the correct make & model.

--------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 9:18 AM
To: iris
Subject: RE: store.58cycle.com : Order #71071

The part you received is correct for your bike. If you wanted to receive a part that was different from the one pictured you should have used more caution in purchasing. Our return policy, that you agreed to before placing your order, applies to this situation. You are welcome to return the parts in new conditon for a store credit minus a restocking fee.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #17
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

They're wrong. Parts should be listed for bikes in their stock condition. If theres any alterations that need/should be done to the bike to install a particular product, they need to include that in the description of the product. IMHO, sounds like GPR failed to pass this information down.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Last edited by Cakes206; 05-28-2008 at 10:17 AM..

Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #18
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
They're wrong. Parts should be listed for bikes in their stock condition. If theres any alterations that need/should be done to the bike to install a particular product, they need to include that in the description of the product. IMHO, sounds like GPR failed to pass this information down.
Yeah, they see that and have changed their website now. My credit card company sent me a letter saying they consider the charge reversed and the case closed unless 58cycle comes up with some proof that they are right.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #19
sonny
Craigslist Champion

Nice, free damper and telling 58cycles to f' off.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
adamj
Learner's Permit

I AGREE. I am in the process of trying to return a faulty tail-light. The thing doesn't light up at all. I took pictures of it per their request, but I spent $100.00 to have it professionally installed, which I really hope they try and help me out with. So far though, nothing. How fair is it that I buy from them, spend $100.00 to put it in, it doesn't work, now Im out $100.00, and i have to re-order from another company, and spend more money to have that put in. BS!!!!