Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 05-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #31
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Tight uphill right hander...got on the gas and lost the rear. Ended up in a lowspeed highside. First thing I thought was hope my bike is alright. Second was it has been a long time since I slid down a street.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #32
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
Tight uphill right hander...got on the gas and lost the rear. Ended up in a lowspeed highside. First thing I thought was hope my bike is alright. Second was it has been a long time since I slid down a street.
Funny thing..... the first thing I thought was I hope the bike is ok, matter of fact The first person to approach me I asked him how it was. All he had to say is Don't worry about your bike just don't look down. hhhmmm? why not I thought and so of course I did and my left leg was bent in all sorts of unnatural ways and my foot was backwards. Oh yeah and a huge puddle of blood. I was like oh SH@T! But still asked about the bike yet again. I can say I understand the the phrase "Ford Tough" LOL

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #33
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Being brothers and all, Saxon and I know each others war stories, but for the rest of you:

1) Nov 25,2005... heading to work, going arpound a sweeping r-hander, a car pulls out in front of me and then hits the brakes, taking away my braking zone for already stopped traffic. Tagged that f#cker in the ass, catapulted through the rear window far enough to hit the back of the drivers seat with my helmet , then back out on to the ground. His car >>> $400.00+ damage. My bike >>> Totalled. Me.... pulverized left wrist, pin in my hand and pin in my elbow to stretch it out so all bone fragments will fall back into place. Both thighs bruised completely to the bone being they turned my drag bars into a complete "U".

2) July 1990, After spending 1yr,2wks redoing my prized possession, the bike and I were taken out by a girl not paying attention. She turned left into me, catapulting me 40+ feet through the air to end up in the center of Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown, a 4 lane road. The bike was completely totalled, only 15 minutes after it's completetion. Me.... Knocked out cold, road rash from knuckles to shoulder. If not for my new shoei helmet, my lower jaw would have been broken. She hit me so hard that the bike flew over the hood of another car approaching the 3 way I was passing thru and almost went through the girls windshield.

3) Nov 6&7 2005 , on my way to VIR for a Cornerspeed Track Day, Sun nite @ 6:00 pm, 500 mls. from home in Bedford VA, I hit a deer with my truck,rendering it undriveable. Get trailer towed to Danville VA @2;00 AM,where we are met by my bro. in law the next morning with my wifes Tahoe. Hotel... no hot water, so with 2 1/2 HRS. sleep and a cold shower, we go to the track. First session, I was riding awesome. Passed everyone in my group atleast once. Second session, 1/2 way thru the session, I had just passed the last 2 guys in my group, try to dice it with an instuctor. 1/2 way thru turn 1 ,on the gas, l low side it. No injuries, only rash on fairings and 2 broken throttle cables.

I have also hit 3 different deer, lost the front end on a painted line in the rain, Hit a stopped car while racing someone up through Sparta. All netted minor personal injuries at most and minor damage to bikes at most.

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Last edited by SPRHK; 05-19-2006 at 10:18 PM..

Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #34
SAXON117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRHK
Being brothers and all, Saxon and I know each others war stories, but for the rest of you:

1) Nov 25,2005... heading to work, going arpound a sweeping r-hander, a car pulls out in front of me and then hits the brakes, taking away my braking zone for already stopped traffic. Tagged that f#cker in the ass, catapulted through the rear window far enough to hit the back of the drivers seat with my helmet , then back out on to the ground. His car >>> $400.00+ damage. My bike >>> Totalled. Me.... pulverized left wrist, pin in my hand and pin in my elbow to stretch it out so all bone fragments will fall back into place. Both thighs bruised completely to the bone being they turned my drag bars into a complete "U".

2) July 1990, After spending 1yr,2wks redoing my prized possession, the bike and I were taken out by a girl not paying attention. She turned left into me, catapulting me 40+ feet through the air to end up in the center of Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown, a 4 lane road. The bike was completely totalled, only 15 minutes after it's completetion. Me.... Knocked out cold, road rash from knuckles to shoulder. If not for my new shoei helmet, my lower jaw would have been broken. She hit me so hard that the bike flew over the hood of another car approaching the 3 way I was passing thru and almost went through the girls windshield.

3) Nov 6&7 2005 , on my way to VIR for a Cornerspeed Track Day, Sun nite @ 6:00 pm, 500 mls. from home in Bedford VA, I hit a deer with my truck,rendering it undriveable. Get trailer towed to Danville VA @2;00 AM,where we are met by my bro. in law the next morning with my wifes Tahoe. Hotel... no hot water, so with 2 1/2 HRS. sleep and a cold shower, we go to the track. First session, I was riding awesome. Passed everyone in my group atleast once. Second session, 1/2 way thru the session, I had just passed the last 2 guys in my group, try to dice it with an instuctor. 1/2 way thru turn 1 ,on the gas, l low side it. No injuries, only rash on fairings and 2 broken throttle cables.

I have also hit 3 different deer, lost the front end on a painted line in the rain, Hit a stopped car while racing someone up through Sparta. All netted minor personal injuries at most and minor damage to bikes at most.
All our collective accindents and to think we survived riding through a hurricane unharmed

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #35
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

No shit, I forgot about that one!!!!

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #36
SAXON117

I can't believe with everyone on this forum that this is all the crashes to be had?

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #37
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle

1990 – GPZ250R. Headed to Whangamata beach (New Zealand). Low sided into a guardrail. Picked the bike up and hitched the rest of the way. Met up with some friends and got the bike home. Damage to me: Nothing (lucky).

1994 – CBR600F2. Cruising on a nice summer’s day. Misjudged a turn and low sided. Damage to me: Banged up ankles and roadrash on my back and arms. Still have rash scars on my left arm. Never to ride without gear again!

2004 – TL1000S. At the track (Summit Point). Throttle control devise malfunctioned giving it too much gas on exit of T9 too early. Back end slid out then caught sending me up and over. Damage to me: A few bruises and a fractured wrist.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #38
Rock712
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Rock712 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock712

#1 Locked my rear brake on my sportster and didn't realize it until i eased off the brake. Low sided it, a bruise to me $1000 to the motorcycle.

#2 Tried to run over a Volvo wagon, I lost. 3 broken ribs to me $300 to the motorcycle

"How can you kill women and children?"
"Easy ya don't lead them as much!"
"navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse"
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays? You're smoking rope.

Participated in:OEF,OIF, OIF2, very sad I won't return
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG
UTMC : We are the good guys
ALL YOUR SIDEWALK ARE BELONG TO US
NSD

Old 05-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #39
SAXON117

#2 Tried to run over a Volvo wagon, I lost. 3 broken ribs to me $300 to the motorcycle[/QUOTE]

Love the discription LOL!!!!!!!!

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Last edited by SAXON117; 05-23-2006 at 02:39 PM..

Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #40
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Haha I was kiddin, it was entirely my fault and I'm glad I made it through the run earlier this year near the front even though the pace was pretty slow. But yeah a shitload of people turned around and came back.

Also, I forgot.. my bike went down another time but I wasn't on it. Somebody rolled their bike into mine when everyone was stopped for Rev's crash. The damage was mechanically worse in that one then when I crashed it because the front brake lever broke off! Then the guy mysteriously took off pretty soon after that..
lol..wtf i didn't know that....was his name crystal..lol..

Old 05-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #41
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon
I can't believe with everyone on this forum that this is all the crashes to be had?
Hopefully there won't be any more this season.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #42
SAXON117

hopefully there won't be anymore, just asking about the past experiences

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #43
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

still anticipating my first.. i've had a few close calls tho. hope everyone has a safe season this year.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 05-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #44
SAXON117

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Hopefully there won't be any more this season.

i would never wish anyone to crash, it is just something that happens from time to time, and if it does happen lets hope that it isn't serious

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #45
SAXON117

Yesterday marks my seventh years from the day the doctors made me the $52,000 man. Keep it safe out there and here's to another safe seven years (or more)

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack