Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #76
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Get a quick shift!

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #77
NGB
Skid Mark

Holy sh*t man glad too hear your ok,dude make sure that foot is ok before you jump back in the saddle.

Midgets on gsxr's =

Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #78
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Feel better Sax.

BTW, does all rash = ER visit?

Or can u get away with a little peroxide?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #79
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker54 View Post
Feel better Sax.

BTW, does all rash = ER visit?

Or can u get away with a little peroxide?
not all road rash = ER but broken bones do!

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #80
SAXON117

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914 View Post
You're a trooper Sax, speedy recovery.

now dont go scratchin my streets again.
LOL damn Middletown roads, I'll be back on those roads soon enough

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #81
Hanz-Solo
Loves Curly Guys

Send a message via AIM to Hanz-Solo Send a message via MSN to Hanz-Solo

Glad you're ok Sax... speedy recovery!

You drink... you drive... you're a f**king moron ... you make it home... you're a bloody legend!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #82
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

And imgine what you would be like if you didn't have your sasquach gear on? Damn glad to hear you're okay for the most part man, that just sucks.

When's the last time you had the forks overhauled?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #83
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Glad you're mostly ok Sax.

I've "crashed" twice, both on my Ducati. I say it like that because the first one was too much brake while practicing figure 8s for my road test (I did the MSF as well). Doesn't really count but it was pretty funny.

Second one was in Middletown too (I call it Paneratown). I'd ridden through the rain from our place upstate (for about an hour) with my wife following me in the car. When we got into Paneratown it had just started raining but I didn't really notice because my visor was really wet. Approaching the second last corner in the journey I was going a little fast, didn't grab the brakes (I practice stopping all the time) but the last thing I remember before I was sliding was the bars turning slightly to the left. I was sliding down the street watching my bike slide away from me and my GPS going on its merry way. The thing I was worried about most was my bike hitting a car in the other lane because it was heading that way and there were two cars coming. Fortunately they both stopped. I went to pick up my bike and noticed that the clutch cover was broken, mainly because the oil was emptying onto the street and that my left thumb was killing me. I couldn't pick the bike up because I was all messed up so one of the guys in the car picked it up for me (what a champ!) but I didn't help (what a douchebag!). What I'd failed to register/remember was that my friend's development had just repaved their car park, so tar, truck oil, light rain and a little too much speed. Full leather so no rash or anything just a broken bike, a messed up thumb and bruising on my right hip. Oh, don't forget the really worried wife who was in the car behind me. Didn't hassle me about ditching the bike, just like I wouldn't hassle her about quitting skydiving, she's awesome.

Last edited by EvilSteve; 08-13-2007 at 10:57 PM..

Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #84
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaka View Post
Ok here goes:

1. After having bike (sv650)/ license for one month-

Try to see how fast I can corner, remember peg touching ground then lowside going around 40mph, then me sliding a little, thinking ooops. Had full gear on, somehow managed to ride bike home with busted clutch lever and broken shifter.

2. After 3 months

Stopped behind 2 cars in front of me, 1st car is making left turn, i decide to ride past them on shoulder, as I pass the car in front of me, the car making the left decided to turn right. Pull off sweet stoppie trying to stop, the front tire hit sand, washes out. Bike hits car, busted guage cluster. No fault accident, never hear about it again. Full gear no injuries,

3. Figure out how to do burnouts on sv650, attemp rolling burnout, bike goes sideways, regains traction, unfortuanly I go other direction. Scraped knee, broken clutch lever, hole in exhaust. Have extra lever, duct tape exhaust, good to go!

4. Leaving school one night, kids blows a stop sign when I am 12' from intersection, I T-bone an 83' pontiac seden. Launched over trunk, land on head. Snapped the front forks apart, bike is totalled. Just a little sore and have some scraped knees. Contemplate quitting riding. Wind up buying new helmet month later and looking at used bikes.

Get insurance check in march 04, purchase a 2001 f4i.

Things go pretty good for a while. Do some trackdays, ride everyday.

5. In june 04 I try to drag my knee in a culdesack. Bike lowsides, just a scraped frame slider and case cover.

6. end of October 04 I figure out how to throttle steer bike on wet roads. Coming out of turn to much thottle steer going 30 mph, bike gets really sideways, hits steering lock, slams into ground. Broke a turn signal, sprained my right shoulder.

7. November 04, lowside on VIR north, sprain left shoulder.

8. April 05, bottom out front forks braking way too late at end of front straight on VIR north, feel handle bars vibrate the kick hard to left going around 90ish. I tumble, see sky, tumble, slide, see sky again, slide, stop. Get bike fixed and ready to go back out, discover front forks are tweaked.

9. May 05, somehow manage to spin up rear tire on pocono north banking, lowside going around 130 - 140 mph. Slide a good 150 yards into wall. No injuries, just a cut on my shin and rug burn on my left forearm.

10. Sept 05, lean bike over to far on left handed at beaver run, peg hits ground, picks tire off ground, lowside and slide on my ass. Bike was still fine so I went back out and did a 1:03!

11. April 06, highside on the beaver, (see post), r6 catches on fire!
Brought back from the dead! Adding some more.

12. Get bike to replace burnt r6, ride on beat tires, loose front tire on VIR South resulting in crash.

13. After going good most of the season in 2006 (did drop bike off trailer and bust windscreen), I did pretty good, then in october at summit I braked too hard and did an endo, bike came down into a tank slapper, went off turn 1 into pea gravel, tried to ride it out but tucked front end.

14. At VIR North in November 06 during lunch time race I was pushing to catch up to guy in front. Guy in front was a ama privateer, needless to say not catching him! lol! So after almost getting highsided once nothing clicked in my head to kick it down a notch, so coming out of turn 8 or 9 the rear snapped out, bucked around then launched me off the front. Did a superman, flew about 50 yards, landed face first. Didn't break anything, minor concussion.

After all this, riding my dirtbike messing around in my backyard, hit tree, break thumb.

15. At summit this past July, I braked to hard into turn 1 and bottom out my forks and lock up front tire, bike didn't like that. Slide onto my back into pea gravel.

16. Pocono Fusa carry to much lean angle going onto front straight, hit bump slide front tire, stay on gas and try to save it, bike lowsides.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #85
SAXON117

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
And imgine what you would be like if you didn't have your sasquach gear on? Damn glad to hear you're okay for the most part man, that just sucks.

When's the last time you had the forks overhauled?
I had WCW set the suspension up about 600 miles ago.

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #86
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Can we change stiffy's text to "Crash Test Stiffy" or something like that? WOW!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #87
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

i crashed once cause soem douchenozzle didnt knwo about the laws of physics and tried to share my lane with me.. anywho he cut me off and i was forced to bail, i hit the rear and layed it down, went one slidign on my back inot oncming traffic hoping for the best... luckly for me there was a dump truck picking up trash and blocking the oncoming lane.. i ende dup sliding for a got 20 to 40 feet alsmot under the garbage truck...
ripped jeans, bruised knee, road rash on the knee, rashed jacket, and gloves... i ended up getting up smoking a stoggie got back on the bike and rode home.. the nex tmornign my knee was the size of a basket ball and i was a gimp for a month or so.. altho i got away with wearing sweatpants , with a button down and a tie to work for about 2 months