Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Plus Monti never intended bikes to be there for the long haul anyway. Bike's weren't kicked off because of fault so to speak. They were allowed in for a short period of time with the intention that the facility was going to be returned fully to their paying members.

If I was a paying member of a golf country club for example and couldn't use the facility because it was being rented out on a weekly basis to the local high school golf team I would be pissed, wouldn't you?

This is true... The way I look at it though is... We need your money so you can rent the track until we dont need your money anymore... No you cant use the bathrooms, no you cant go in the building, and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...
TPM Coach #71

Old 03-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
CBRBob
A 37 Production

fack Monti
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.s...otorspo_2.html

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
Good article... The mangement team should be re evaluated!!! What the article doesnt say is when Bank of America took over for Lynch they stopped all working capital payments to NJMP and basically told the park you need to operate on your own now...
TPM Coach #71

Old 03-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Sounds like republicans took it over LOL
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=43668

From a press release issued by New Jersey Motorsports Park:

Millville, NJ

March 14, 2011

New Jersey Motorsports Park last week announced it had filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, a move that caused some in the local and racing communities to question the facility's future viability. Today, NJMP released further details on its financial restructuring, and sought to clarify the circumstances and expected results of its recent actions.

Management and Ownership Changes

One of the ramifications of the recent filing is a future change to the ownership structure planned to coincide with the effective date of plan confirmation and reorganization. Lee Brahin, the Philadelphia-area real estate developer who led and oversaw the development of the entire facility, will increase his ownership stake, and will become co-managing partner of NJMP. Harvey Siegel, who has employed his expertise in running multi-use motorsports facilities such as his Virginia International Raceway to great effect at NJMP, will retain his ownership stake and will continue to work on future development concepts and activities while fostering relationships within the racing community for the Park's benefit. Former minority owner RJ Valentine will up his stake to a more significant holding, becoming co-managing partner with Brahin and assuming managerial responsibility for marketing activities at the Park.

NJMP has worked with its lender to restructure the terms of its financing agreement, providing a reduced principal balance and lower debt service - the net effect of which is that the facility will have more cash on hand for operations.

Lee Brahin, who to date has been instrumental in creating the vision for the park, master-planning and execution of permitting processes and construction, will continue to work on development activities, entitlements and high level financial and business activities of the enterprise.

He said, "We have worked in cooperation with our lender and have come up with a structure that we feel will maximize long-term value to all of the various stakeholders in the business while providing continued and expanded world-class service to our customers, Within that structure and plan, we appreciate their strong confidence in existing management. I look forward to my continued involvement in existing management during our reorganization process as well as being involved in the future management team which will feature an array of new and successful entrepreneurs with an history of success and involvement in both the automotive and racing worlds. Truly, this will be the "A" team."

Brahin continued, "We've made what I think very many of our fellow Millville and Cumberland County businesses would call a significantly positive economic impact in the region, and will continue to build partnerships around South Jersey. The more events we hold, the more of our spectators' and participants' dollars are spent in Cumberland County, and we will strive to be ideal 'anchor tenants' for the region, as we'd say in the retail development business."

Motorsports and Entrepreneurial Expertise

RJ Valentine has a long history of entrepreneurship and vast experience in the motorsports facilities business, including running two racing businesses that have weathered the financial storm of 2009-10, F1 Boston and F1 Outdoor. In a career that has spanned more than 30 years, Valentine's marketing focused-ventures have included a network of highly profitable Jiffy Lube franchises, a Massachusetts-wide insurance operation, and extensive management roles in aviation, transportation and oil and gas companies.

"While bankruptcy is always an unpleasant experience," Valentine commented, "it is a tool for businesses to use in restructuring its debt. Our mortgage lender has been fantastic in working with us to restructure the debt that NJMP assumed to get our facility built and operating. Like our lender, I have full confidence in my partners' - Lee Brahin and Harvey Siegel - abilities, leadership and vision. We are now strongly positioned to grow and increase our economic impact within the South Jersey community, and are excited to get into executing our marketing plans."

He said, "We've built an incredible management and operational team here, including our General Manager Brad Scott, who came to us with years of experience with Aramark, having overseen operations at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Fenway Park in Boston and Camden Yards in Baltimore. Brad and his team have continued to build NJMP's event schedule and membership through two of the toughest years, economically, of the past couple of decades, and they deserve a great deal of credit for that."

New Jersey Motorsports Park features several high-impact racing events on its 2011 Calendar, including the return of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, AMA Pro Superbike Championship, ARCA Racing Series and the New Jersey Vintage Grand Prix, which will include a performance by the legendary US Navy Blue Angels.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #22
Jake
Foot Fetish Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
blah blah blah........will include a performance by the legendary US Navy Blue Angels.
Sweet!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Sweet!

Trackday and karting for the price of one.......

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 03-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #24
Jake
Foot Fetish Guy

oh TPM.. yea nevermind

Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

lol

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Coming out of Chapter 11 by mid-summer

http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?Tr...StoryID=308687

CCS AM 478

-- Dwight Schrute