Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Social Networking > Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #31
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #32
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.

Oh wait, our cruisers are from Japan too...

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 05-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #33
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post
Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.
Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #34
causef0rconcern
Up On One

HighRevsguy, do you have a rocketship ninja bike too? Or is it a one-horse stable?

'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

Old 05-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #35
Tonupboy
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Tonupboy Send a message via Yahoo to Tonupboy

I'm glad it was nothing serious. We all fall down once in a while - the gear does its supposed to. Just brush it off, fix the bike and we'll see you again on the road! Heal up!

"That which does not become a part of the one, shall become one with the void."
http://www.myspace.com/b0nghit
Allegiance: None
Function: Universal Dominator

Old 05-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #36
gsxryager024
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to gsxryager024

could some one explain what happened with the incident? Im very curious only for the fact that a new baby should be sitting in my garage within a few weeks. PM me if u want.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #37
causef0rconcern
Up On One

From what I understand (I am not an eyewitness), the pack was manuevering through a relativly sharp uphill left hander (I was slightly nervous making it through the same turn about 5-6 bikes ahead). One rider mid-pack lowsided and began sliding off the road, bike and rider seperatly. The person following grabbed a bunch of brake to avoid hitting the fallen rider and instead collided with the downed bike. This sent rider #2 down into the side of the pavement/grassy ditch area thing. Both riders were wearing padded jackets and jeans. They were shook up at the scene and a little achey, and I'm sure they are sore today with minor cuts and bruises. However they both were on their feet with no problems immidiatly after, and both bikes were ridable. Rider #2 limped another ~80 miles home with a completely mashed but bungeed front end.

Moral of the story?
1. When executing unfamiliar turns on a group ride, BE CAREFUL. If you feel displaced from your comfort zone, ease up and wave those behind you past so everyone can go through safely.
2. Maintain a safe distance. I'd say the two second rule is too short. If the person in front of you goes down for some reason, you should be able to react quickly and avoid further collision

Shit happens real quick when you're moving on a motorcycle. Be careful!! I was ecstatic to see everyone doing OK after I heard there was a wreck a few bikes back in the group. Thanks to everyone for helping out, and the guy who supplied the bungees, you rock! If you want those back we can arrange that easily.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #38
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Awesome day everyone. Roads were def sweet! And the King Crab legs rocked!

Pics to come.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #39
causef0rconcern
Up On One

I was about to ask for some pics 'cause I know I saw people snapping away. I took 3 with my phone and they came out super crappy so yeah.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #40
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

like "cause" said. a certain rider hit a uphill sort of blinding left and didn't make it thru. its not a group ride error or anything else. it was a rough turn but a fun turn at the same time. one rider went down beceause of it. one rider target fixated/was worried about the rider down and got collected.

All in all it was a great ride. High_revs and i got to ride side by side for the last 2 legs and it was like old times. marker54 leaned his bike like it has never done before, and i rode a POS looking bike but had a blast. I know most of u, but it was nice meeting lurker, pwang, and runing into sandman. Hope u all enjoyed the new hope run because sandman did that run for xenos and i.

Don't worry sandman i'll show you how to ride to NH when i get my ne

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 05-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #41
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Oh and i haven't seen this guy since carteret bike night with commuta. It was a great ride and a good time....

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #42
MatthewC
Learner's Permit

Thank you to everyone who helped out and if you want your bungees back let me know. It was very nice meeting you all and I am glad everyone made it home safe.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #43
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.
The pace was sluggish..don't give yourself too much credit..

Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #44
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Thanks Hani for setting up another great ride, and I am glad I was finally able to make it.

Sorry I had to leave early, but we were running a little late and I had some Cinco de Mayo plans with my brother in Toms River. I did about 230 miles Sat, about 180 of them were 2up... I didnt want to look at the bike Sunday!

Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #45
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya?
Yeah man you were doing your thing....glad to have you back dude...see you on the road on the next ride....

Good ride Hani....glad I was able to make it even if it was with someone else's bike....good to see all the familiar faces...

Shell/Matt get well....lots of riding season left hope to see you back out there....