Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

911 operator scolds dying woman's son
Old 04-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206
Default 911 operator scolds dying woman's son

This is recockulous...they're playing the 911 recordings on cnn and man it's makin me mad this woman didn't do anything...told the kid to stop playing on the phone and put the grownup on the phone...meanwhile the grownup was on the floor dying

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/10/cal....ap/index.html

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

This is happening more and more with 911. It's a simple job, if someone calls, get the location and send help. Deal with the consiquences later. I wonder if there was some type of "orders" issued from higher up to try and screen calls to cut down on pranks?

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 04-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

That poor kid did everything right to save his mother's life. Instead he will now have to deal with her loss due to some moron at 911.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

That's just messed up.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
Qetesh

What the hell is wrong with people???

Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Not good!

Old 04-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

One of my buddies is a 911 operator along with handling his primary police dispatching duty and you wouldn't believe the amount of prank and/or rediculous calls they get not daily, but hourly! It's absolutely rediculous! People need to concentrate on being more responsdible and level headed in life then calling 911 to complain cuz a dog is on their property or someone parked a car the wrong way infront of their house, or taking up an operator's precious minutes by bitching about a fouled up hamburger order?! They need to screen the calls because it would be impossible for them to send either EMS, Fire, or Police to every single location, first being these organizations don't have the staffpower, secondly it would be a big waste of time responding to a bogus call when they should be responding to the real deal two blocks away. It is what it is, so don't blame the operator's, blame the stupidity of the public who needs them the most.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #8
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
They need to screen the calls
They are screened. Well...the call needs to be routed actually...that should be part of the screening process. Call 911 and you get connected with a 911 call center who then routes the call to the appropriate station dispatcher.

Quote:
don't blame the operator
The kid did what everyone is taught to do in an emergency situation and NOTHING happened...the system has failed. Sad to think that everyone's life is in the hands of someones "best judgement."

What if when during the 911 call for your accident, you had the guy on the other line that I think it was from last year sayin, "You guys shouldn't be messin around on them motorcycles" And delayed your dispatch until the 4th time someone called back? Would you honestly blame the public for their stupid calls that yours wasn't taken seriously.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
They are screened. Well...the call needs to be routed actually...that should be part of the screening process. Call 911 and you get connected with a 911 call center who then routes the call to the appropriate station dispatcher.

The kid did what everyone is taught to do in an emergency situation and NOTHING happened...the system has failed. Sad to think that everyone's life is in the hands of someones "best judgement."
that was the operator's fault 100% Ronnie poo. The operator's job is to dispatch the call. If there were people laughing or something like that then yeah..but the kid sounded legit. Operator should get fired and the I hope they win the law suit.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #10
Cakes206
The Solution

EDIT^

Old 04-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #11
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Quote:
so don't blame the operator's, blame the stupidity of the public who needs them the most.
Dont know about that one Ron..that wasn't smart on the part of the operator.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 04-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

The general public is dumb, that's a fact of life. You can't blame the public for a services failure to deal with it accordingly. They need to treat every call as if it was an emergency, that's the whole point. And if it's a prank, issue them a ticket/fine. People know what 911 is for, you want to abuse it then you pay for the waste of it.

I've actually had to call 911 3 times for various incidents and I have to say, they're fucking retarded. Seriously, Apple's tech support is better than 911. I called about an accident that just happened and this girl was bleeding from the head so I called an said "There was just a two car accident at (insert address here) and one of the people in the accident is still in the car and is bleeding from the head". Then after 5 seconds of dead air "So do you need a police officer, ambulance or what?" So after 10 minutes a cop finally shows up with no idea what he's looking at after I explained the situation on the phone. Then the cop had to call an ambulance. The worst part is that I found out later the police station was literally 1/2 a mile up the road.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 04-10-2006 at 04:03 PM..

Old 04-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Would you honestly blame the public for their stupid calls that yours wasn't taken seriously.
Yes, sadly that's a strong part of the reason why. At the same time there are also bad apples on the dispatching end. I just wanted to shed some light on the situation for others that don't understand what they deal with on an hourly basis every day.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #14
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Yes, sadly that's a strong part of the reason why. At the same time there are also bad apples on the dispatching end. I just wanted to shed some light on the situation for others that don't understand what they deal with on an hourly basis every day.
I understand they have to deal with crap, but its a part of the job they have to deal with. This is also why there are extremely strict repercussions for misuse of the 911 system. EVERY incident should be handled with the same level of response. An officer should always be dispatched, because regardless of the emergency, they are always required. Should it be a prank, the phone number pops up - thats what its there for (along with someone not be able to speak for whatever reason).

Typically if 8yrs or older, prank calls will result in prosecution.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #15
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin
EVERY incident should be handled with the same level of response. An officer should always be dispatched, because regardless of the emergency, they are always required. Should it be a prank, the phone number pops up - thats what its there for (along with someone not be able to speak for whatever reason).

Typically if 8yrs or older, prank calls will result in prosecution.
Every case should be, that would happen if they had the means to do so. There are only so many cops and EMS on a shift and if they're busy wasting their time responding to or dealing with prank calls cuz they have to respond that takes precious moments away from the calls that need to be responded to. You know exactly what I mean regarding what you're involved in.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'