Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #16
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Sit-ups....

Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #17
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Nick - =

They're right though Nick, cut out all the crap and the pounds will drop. You don't even really have to work out cuz you're active at work all day, the right diet is key. I've started dieting as well, basically cutting out all the garbage except for cheating a day or two on the weekends and I already lost 8 pounds in the past week and a half. Also quit smoking too bro, we all want ya to live longer.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
Another tip...try this for one month...take out all alcohol, bread, and pasta from your diet...just 30 days and watch what happens...
That is dam near impossible, and the reason y i don't have a friggin 6 pack...I'm italian and i like beer....DAM YOU!!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #19
Jay
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i View Post
Wow thats a hard thing for me. I'm italian so i bleed pasta and bread, and we all know i like my beer.

So i guess its cutting down on the carbs to get that stomach down. How can i not eat bread during the day? I really don't make the time to bring my food to work. I'm on the road all day long and its hard to find things to eat. Should i be eating more salads for lunch? Maybe just chicken with some kind of topping for lunch?

Also is it ok if i still eat my nature valley whole grain bars in the morning with coffee. Or do i have to watch what i drink also. I'm one of those hardcore soda drinkers.

One other question, i know its the beer that has carbs and calories. But if i went out for a drink with friends, could i drink like a captain and coke or vodka sprite instead of all the beer? Or is just booze a killer know matter what?

Oh and one more thing. Going back to me not wanting to do the gym thing. I lift 50lb weights all day for my career so i don't need that build, and don't want to be huge. So if i run/walk for 30 mins a day, will that be good enough? Or should i walk/run for atleast an hour?

Thanks for all the info guys...
If you are concerned about not having a build you will need to hit the weights. I know alot of ppl who did the diet/cardio thing with no weights and eventually ended up weight training because they just turned into a skinny bag of bones.

Alcohol is alcohol bro. It increases estrogen levels in the body of men and temporarily shuts off the bodie's fat burning abilities. I haven't had a drink in 4 months to give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
Sit-ups....
Will do nothing without proper diet and cardio. Hell the only time i ever work abs SERIOUSLY is when i prep. Bulking they are worked maybe twice a week.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If you are concerned about not having a build you will need to hit the weights. I know alot of ppl who did the diet/cardio thing with no weights and eventually ended up weight training because they just turned into a skinny bag of bones.

Alcohol is alcohol bro. It increases estrogen levels in the body of men and temporarily shuts off the bodie's fat burning abilities. I haven't had a drink in 4 months to give you an idea.

Will do nothing without proper diet and cardio. Hell the only time i ever work abs SERIOUSLY is when i prep. Bulking they are worked maybe twice a week.
I'm not concerned about a huge built body. But i do want to start getting into shape. I'm starting to plan my diet now. Gonna try to run atleast 3 times a week for the first 2 weeks and then increase from there. Any diet points will def be apreciated.

So far i got:

Breakfast: nature valley granola bar, 1 cop of coffee, and i'm thinking of giving up the soda for vitamin water or just regular old plain yucky water. Oh and if i get up early enough i may do the bowl of oatmeal that you said to do.

Snack: I'm gonna try and by fruit and bring it with me (apples, bananas, carrots and etc>)

Lunch: Im gonna try to do mostly salads or i heard that eating a wrap is better then having bread for a sandwich. So hopefully thats true.

Dinner: I have no clue yet. But i have a couple of ways to cook chicken (of course not breaded) and i'm gonna be looking into cooking ham steaks, or regular steak. Just gonna cut out the bagel bites, taquitos, and crap that i usually eat.

Anything else i could look into for food wise?

I'm not sure if need to give up bread 100%, but maybe switching to whole wheat, and less of it will be a good start. Also gonna try and limit it the soda to one a day (pref drinking the coke zero) no more chips during the day.

Oh and if it goes well i may finally kick the smoking habit. But that is gonna be the hardest part of it all.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #21
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Looks good nick......try this diet

Meal 1: Pro/Carb 9:30 a.m

4 hard-boiled eggs 17g Protein, .3g Carbs, 3.7g Fat

38g of whey protein 21g protein, 16g Carbs, 4.5g Fat

1/2 cup of oats = 5g Protein, 27g Carb, 3g Fat

43g protein / 43.3g carbs / 10.7g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat 11:30 a.m.

1 can of tuna 15g Protein, 0g Carbs, 1g Fat

1 tbsp of flax seed oil 0g Protein, 0g Carbs, 14g Fat

36g Protein/ 16g Carbs/ 19.5g Fat

Meal 4: Pro/Fat 1:00 p.m.

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, 1.5 cup romaine lettuce with tomatoes

30g protein / 2g Carbs / 15g Fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb 2:30 - 2:45 p.m.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

1.5 cup white rice (Measured Cooked)

55g protein / 55g carbs / 3g Fat

Workout 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.

Meal 5: PWO 5:15 p.m.

75g of whey protein / 70g of Dextrose

41g protein / 86g Carbs / 9g fat

Meal 6: PPWO 5:30-6:30 p.m.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 1.5 cup White Rice (Measured cooked)

50g Protein / 67.2 Carbs / 3g Fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat 9:00 p.m.

Lean Protein of my choice (chicken, beef, venison etc), 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

50g protein / 5g carbs / 16g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed 10:30 p.m.

2 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.0 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

41g protein / 16g carbs / 23g Fat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

346g Protein/ 295g Carbs/ 96g Fat. = 3300calories(approx.)

1,346 Kcal/Protein
1100 Kcal/Carbs
864 Kcal/ Fat

3,310 Kcal Total

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 04-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, 1.5 cup romaine lettuce with tomatoes

Lean Protein of my choice (chicken, beef, venison etc), 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

1,346 Kcal/Protein
1100 Kcal/Carbs
864 Kcal/ Fat

3,310 Kcal Total

be carefull with all that tuna, mercury overload

Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #23
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Conscious of that thanks working on a way to cut it down to only 2 cans a day.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 04-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #24
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post

1,346 Kcal/Protein
1100 Kcal/Carbs
864 Kcal/ Fat

3,310 Kcal Total
Seems like your dietary intake per day is a little high, especially for being natural. Theres only so much the human body can use to its potential before it starts storing as fat. Theres also risk of Gastritis, undigested Protein getting trapped in the intestin(happened to someone I know and he was forced to a 800 cal a day diet for a while to clear it up.) Heres a good basic guide line so that you don't go overboard: 1g Protein per body pound, 1g Carbs per body pound, .5g dietary fiber per body pound. So for instance a person weighing 200lbs would consume 200g Protein, 200g Carbs, 100g fiber. And some clean fats as well. Again, this isn't set in stone, depending on what you need to do, this formula can be tweaked.

Have to be careful when giving dieting advice. What works for one, may not work for someone else and can be doing them more harm depending on their body type. Before I give any type of dieting advice(which isn't every often) I have them write down EVERYTHING they eat and drink for one week, even down to the handful of M&M's that they might of had, that gives a basic start point as to what they look like compared to their diet.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
Xracer264
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Xracer264 Send a message via Yahoo to Xracer264

Quote:
Wow thats a hard thing for me. I'm italian so i bleed pasta and bread, and we all know i like my beer.

So i guess its cutting down on the carbs to get that stomach down. How can i not eat bread during the day? I really don't make the time to bring my food to work. I'm on the road all day long and its hard to find things to eat. Should i be eating more salads for lunch? Maybe just chicken with some kind of topping for lunch?

Also is it ok if i still eat my nature valley whole grain bars in the morning with coffee. Or do i have to watch what i drink also. I'm one of those hardcore soda drinkers.

One other question, i know its the beer that has carbs and calories. But if i went out for a drink with friends, could i drink like a captain and coke or vodka sprite instead of all the beer? Or is just booze a killer know matter what?

Oh and one more thing. Going back to me not wanting to do the gym thing. I lift 50lb weights all day for my career so i don't need that build, and don't want to be huge. So if i run/walk for 30 mins a day, will that be good enough? Or should i walk/run for atleast an hour?

Thanks for all the info guys...
Nick,

Being Italian I feel the same way. Try replacing the pasta with whole wheat pasta. I've been cooking with turkey and chicken replacing beef for years. I do eat beef but not as frequently. I do some sort of cardio at least 3 times a day for 1/2 hour. Usually treadmill or eliptical. I'm pushing 41 and I basically the same weight I've been since my 20's. Actually less cause I don't work out as heavy as I once did. I guess another think I don't do and never did was drink alot. Just get a good balance of exercise, diet and rest. I use to eat alot like Jay and Kennedy but family and a job just made it really hard. Your not that far off so it shouldn't be that hard.

Gerard

"Me and Max we no like" Valentino Rossi in "Faster"

Old 04-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #26
Jay
Squid

Quote:
I'm not concerned about a huge built body. But i do want to start getting into shape. I'm starting to plan my diet now. Gonna try to run atleast 3 times a week for the first 2 weeks and then increase from there. Any diet points will def be apreciated.

So far i got:

Breakfast: nature valley granola bar, 1 cop of coffee, and i'm thinking of giving up the soda for vitamin water or just regular old plain yucky water. Oh and if i get up early enough i may do the bowl of oatmeal that you said to do.

Snack: I'm gonna try and by fruit and bring it with me (apples, bananas, carrots and etc>)

Lunch: Im gonna try to do mostly salads or i heard that eating a wrap is better then having bread for a sandwich. So hopefully thats true.

Dinner: I have no clue yet. But i have a couple of ways to cook chicken (of course not breaded) and i'm gonna be looking into cooking ham steaks, or regular steak. Just gonna cut out the bagel bites, taquitos, and crap that i usually eat.

Anything else i could look into for food wise?

I'm not sure if need to give up bread 100%, but maybe switching to whole wheat, and less of it will be a good start. Also gonna try and limit it the soda to one a day (pref drinking the coke zero) no more chips during the day.

Oh and if it goes well i may finally kick the smoking habit. But that is gonna be the hardest part of it all.
I think the problem is you still have simple carbs in there. Which are fine in small amounts since we don't want you to fall flat on your face.

Vitamin water is loaded with sugar, it tastes good, but no better then soda in my opinion.

Balance my friend, meals need balance.

more meals, just smaller.

Breakfast: Wheres the protein? Pick up a simple whey protein shake from vitamin shop. Shake, granola bar, coffee...i could live with that.

Snack: just fruit? wheres the protein? remember...balance. Why not some beef jerky with an apple?

Lunch: Wraps aren't bad, they aren't great but better then French Quarters Sandwich on italian bread from the deli. My personal fav in the offseason when i am more relaxed with my diet is a grilled buffalo chicken wrap. Granted the bleu cheese with the simple carbs is no good its alot better then alot of other things i could eat.

Dinner: Dude, its dinner. You are home. Take some time and make some food. Grilled chicken, fish, Turkey are all great. Bake a sweet potatoe in the oven, make some brown rice with vegetables.

Before bed: Have another shake, but just a shake with water. No milk.

Just cleaning up some things. thats all. you aren't gonna make leaps and bounds on this diet but it should work better for ya.

Oh and whether or not this works for ya, quit smoking. If not you can talk to my mother who is 5'7" 130 lbs. (not exactly fat) and had a heartattack at 49 years old. she smoked since she was 17....

she doesn't smoke anymore.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #27
Jay
Squid

Quote:
Seems like your dietary intake per day is a little high, especially for being natural. Theres only so much the human body can use to its potential before it starts storing as fat. Theres also risk of Gastritis, undigested Protein getting trapped in the intestin(happened to someone I know and he was forced to a 800 cal a day diet for a while to clear it up.) Heres a good basic guide line so that you don't go overboard: 1g Protein per body pound, 1g Carbs per body pound, .5g dietary fiber per body pound. So for instance a person weighing 200lbs would consume 200g Protein, 200g Carbs, 100g fiber. And some clean fats as well. Again, this isn't set in stone, depending on what you need to do, this formula can be tweaked.

Have to be careful when giving dieting advice. What works for one, may not work for someone else and can be doing them more harm depending on their body type. Before I give any type of dieting advice(which isn't every often) I have them write down EVERYTHING they eat and drink for one week, even down to the handful of M&M's that they might of had, that gives a basic start point as to what they look like compared to their diet.
Yup, i agree with this. There are so many ways to diet. You also have to take into account someone's goals.

I would never put someone looking to just shed some pounds on my diet. I would never put someone who is 175 lbs. on my diet.

My diet right now that leaves me feeling like death and starving would probably seem like an enormous amount of food to someone not near my size.

Just the same, someone who is 70-80 lbs. overweight would never be able to live on my diet right now and would probably fail.

Too much protein can damage kidneys and your UT as well.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #28
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Too much protein can damage kidneys and your UT as well.
Water is key here...have to keep the kidneys flushed.

Damn all this talk is making me want to compete again...damn you...hmmm, 2 more years I qualify for the Masters class

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #29
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Water is key here...have to keep the kidneys flushed.

Damn all this talk is making me want to compete again...damn you...hmmm, 2 more years I qualify for the Masters class
You mean the old people division? Kind of like Formula 40 with WERA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 04-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #30
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
You mean the old people division? Kind of like Formula 40 with WERA.
i was just about ot say that.. well except the wera ref.