Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #31
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I think the problem is you still have simple carbs in there. Which are fine in small amounts since we don't want you to fall flat on your face.

Vitamin water is loaded with sugar, it tastes good, but no better then soda in my opinion.

Balance my friend, meals need balance.

more meals, just smaller.

Breakfast: Wheres the protein? Pick up a simple whey protein shake from vitamin shop. Shake, granola bar, coffee...i could live with that.

Snack: just fruit? wheres the protein? remember...balance. Why not some beef jerky with an apple?

Lunch: Wraps aren't bad, they aren't great but better then French Quarters Sandwich on italian bread from the deli. My personal fav in the offseason when i am more relaxed with my diet is a grilled buffalo chicken wrap. Granted the bleu cheese with the simple carbs is no good its alot better then alot of other things i could eat.

Dinner: Dude, its dinner. You are home. Take some time and make some food. Grilled chicken, fish, Turkey are all great. Bake a sweet potatoe in the oven, make some brown rice with vegetables.

Before bed: Have another shake, but just a shake with water. No milk.

Just cleaning up some things. thats all. you aren't gonna make leaps and bounds on this diet but it should work better for ya.

Oh and whether or not this works for ya, quit smoking. If not you can talk to my mother who is 5'7" 130 lbs. (not exactly fat) and had a heartattack at 49 years old. she smoked since she was 17....

she doesn't smoke anymore.

Now that was the info i was looking for jay. I kind of got lost with kennedy's list of eating (maybe because i couldn't understand half of it). But i'm going shopping this weekend and gonna really start to put forth the effort. As it is now i have been cutting back on my bread, fast food, and crappy snacks this week. So i figure the only way i'm gonna do it is to buy the food and bring it every day to work.

Oh one thing that wasn't on the list? What about snacks between lunch and dinner, or snacks after dinner? Should i keep to the fruit and protein? What other things are good in protein besides beef jerkey? Or even better yet, do you recomend a book or internet site that would be more geared to what i'm looking to do. Which is to eat healthy, loose some gut and just get back into shape?

As for the smoking thing, i hear you completely. My father had 2 stents put in when he was 49 because of his smoking (started when he was 16), his bad diet, and large amount of stress from work. That didn't scare me to quit, but i know when i hit the gym last year it made me want to quit. So hopefully the cardio work, and eventually light lifting will force the issue again.

Also jay just one more thing. I had the opportunity to read your blog on myspace. I commend you for what your doing. Not alot of us know what it takes to do what you do, and to put yourself into "hell" like your doing is just amazing. I think that its awesome that your doing what your doing, reaching those goals, and i hope in the end your satisfied with your end result.

that is all for now.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
Jay
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
You mean the old people division? Kind of like Formula 40 with WERA.
The masters class is over 35. Alot of guys though who are 40-45 still compete in the regular open divisions and clean up shop!

Lately there has been an influx of "young guns". Freaky big 21-24 year olds. Trey Brewer is 21 and well into the 300's in the offseason. Justin Harris is a 24 year old superheavyweight. Evan Centopani is on the doorstep of getting his pro-card at 24 years old as a superheavy.

However, the old rule of thumb is bodybuilders won't actually even enter their prime until 32-36 even older. It takes time to put on slabs of muscle.

Masters really means nothing for some of these guys into their 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i View Post
Now that was the info i was looking for jay. I kind of got lost with kennedy's list of eating (maybe because i couldn't understand half of it). But i'm going shopping this weekend and gonna really start to put forth the effort. As it is now i have been cutting back on my bread, fast food, and crappy snacks this week. So i figure the only way i'm gonna do it is to buy the food and bring it every day to work.

Oh one thing that wasn't on the list? What about snacks between lunch and dinner, or snacks after dinner? Should i keep to the fruit and protein? What other things are good in protein besides beef jerkey? Or even better yet, do you recomend a book or internet site that would be more geared to what i'm looking to do. Which is to eat healthy, loose some gut and just get back into shape?

As for the smoking thing, i hear you completely. My father had 2 stents put in when he was 49 because of his smoking (started when he was 16), his bad diet, and large amount of stress from work. That didn't scare me to quit, but i know when i hit the gym last year it made me want to quit. So hopefully the cardio work, and eventually light lifting will force the issue again.

Also jay just one more thing. I had the opportunity to read your blog on myspace. I commend you for what your doing. Not alot of us know what it takes to do what you do, and to put yourself into "hell" like your doing is just amazing. I think that its awesome that your doing what your doing, reaching those goals, and i hope in the end your satisfied with your end result.

that is all for now.
Try limiting the fruit bro. Its good and healthy and all but its still sugar. I would look toward protein and fat for snacks. Maybe some lightly salted peanuts, or almonds. You can always have a shake too. Just get creative. In the back of our minds we all know whats good and whats not lol.

www.bodybuilding.com

God forbid i recommend that site lol. anyway, its not really bodybuilding...its more like fitness. Which is good because you said you don't want to get too hardcore with the whole diet. they have some good basic diet info in their for you to take a look at.

I personally don't like the sight because the pass "fitness and dieting" information of as valuable bodybuilding knowledge. However, for someone who wants to learn the basics its good.

Thanks for the kind words man. I wrote that just so ppl have an idea. Not for sympathy but just so they know what its like. I hope i am satisfied in the end as well. Its not getting any easier by the way. Look for another update around 8 weeks out.