Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 07-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
mowshweettea
Short Shifter

I just did the weekend there, dont think Ill do that again, maybe a day here and there. the high speeds were a new thing for me but I prefer more turns so im looking forward to thunderbolt. was doing 1.17's but definitely could find room for improvement. but my question is who was the guy blasting in the GP race there, he made everyone look bad once he got out in front he was GONE.....

Eric

2005 Honda CBR 1000RR

Old 07-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
acronut
Short Shifter

Yea the tracks kinda crazy! I did a couple 1:15s but mostly 1:16 1:17s in the after lunch sessions the other week. I defintely know quite a few places I could enter faster and carry even more speed but to be honest I ran outta balls Yea thats right it wasn't the equipment... The tires, brakes, suspension, HP, all were fine I just didn't have the cohoonas to push any harder that day Give me a more technical track any day of the week. I have a bad habbit of hitting the pavement and kept thinking how bad it would hurt at those speeds. The facilities, track surface, and all that were awesome. I'm on the wait list for the new track on the 4th but I doubt I'll get in. Should be a better track hope I get to ride it

www.acronut.com

Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

I enjoyed the track I did not think it was that bad on tires.. I ran warmers and my tires where fine. i am looking forward to going back for sure
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #19
Jake
Foot Fetish Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acronut View Post
I have a bad habbit of hitting the pavement and kept thinking how bad it would hurt at those speeds.
oh please, you're still only the vice president of the asphalt surfing race team, but if you keep whining about how small your balls are I might have to kick you out.

Although, everytime I entered the bowl (at a significantly higher rate of speed then you ) I always pictured lowsiding halfway through and wondering if my body and/or bike would make it up to the tires.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #20
acronut
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike295 View Post
I enjoyed the track I did not think it was that bad on tires.. I ran warmers and my tires where fine. i am looking forward to going back for sure
Not bad on tires??? I didn't run warmers but Jake and Mario did and let me tell ya warmers or not it didn't make a damn bit of difference. Just curious what tires u running and what pace? I need to go out to my trailer and take a pic of my SC Pros. They only have 3 sessions at Poccono and one day at lightning on them and it's definately more wear than I've seen from any other track by far.

Here I'll post it before someone else does

www.acronut.com

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #21
Jake
Foot Fetish Guy

Quote:
Not bad on tires??? I didn't run warmers but Jake and Mario did and let me tell ya warmers or not it didn't make a damn bit of difference. Just curious what tires u running and what pace? I need to go out to my trailer and take a pic of my SC Pros. They only have 3 sessions at Poccono and one day at lightning on them and it's definately more wear than I've seen from any other track by far.

I agree that it's hard on tires (I got 15 sessions from an endurance compound SC Pro rear), but it might be partly because of our suspension or lack thereof... if I had aftermarket suspension and was able to eliminate the odd tire wear it probably would last longer. How much longer who knows.. maybe an extra session.

Although, I don't think I remember seeing that wear pattern on yours or Mario's rear tire.

Last edited by Jake; 07-27-2008 at 09:07 PM..

Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #22
RCM78
Tech Nazi

I like the track. Still some spots I have to dial in but for the most part its not hard to learn.

Stiffy did some 109's in the race today. He would've won but his bike wasnt shifting. His trans is FUBAR. Antal won but I dont know what times he was running.
TPM Coach #71

Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #23
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

Quote:

Bridgestones. BT002 race rear and a BT003 front. i was control riding in red and got two blue sessions running low 16's. Def could have knocked chunks of time off if i did not have to leave early
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #24
extreme78
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYDANO18 View Post
Me and Ken were doin steady 1:18's and some few low 17's and it felt sweet. There is definitely room for improvement there for me as I know where I can make up time.
ps: I heard that stiffy did some high 1:09's.....
Stiffy did 1:09 XX today.

I was running 17's and during the race I dropped to 14's , than constat 15's
TPM Coach #08

Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #25
acronut
Short Shifter

Well that makes some sense.... If you were running your fast pace all day you might be singing a different song. Then again maybe I need to switch to Bridgestone.....

www.acronut.com

Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
Jake
Foot Fetish Guy

Quote:
Well that makes some sense.... If you were running your fast pace all day you might be singing a different song. Then again maybe I need to switch to Bridgestone.....
its bridgestone or nothing

Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #27
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
I am not sure its worth the extra $50 to have tires other than Pirelli mounted at the track. Sucks that the TPM parts club won't carry other brands of tires anymore.

I am running Bridgestone slicks on the TZ250 and they were awesome. I have no choice in the matter since Pirelli doesn't make a specific tire for this bike.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #28
FDNYDANO18
Lieutenant Dan

answer for us is .... lower membership next year and get a tire change machine...

that way you can have your stuff done before the day starts and not have to sweat if they get your tires mounted in time for the first sesion.

ps: have you noticed that TPM's parts club doesn't have anyting on it anymore?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #29
Chris
Brian's Daddy

Yup the track is very easy to learn and lots of fun.I was doing consistant 1.10s all day.I didnt enter the race but I pick up 1 to 2 seconds during a race.The twilight ROCKS! And for those who disagree dont knock it till you try it.
tpm coach#15
ccs#15
08 CCS Mid Atlantic MWGP Champ
08 CCS Mid Atlantic HWSS Champ
08 CCS Summit Point class champ:
MWSS,MWGP,MWSB,HWSS and HWSB

Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #30
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
From what I hear, not only to make it fun, but to actually make "it work." Track doesn't flow right if you're goin slow.
You are starting to sound like somebody else on here with all his great second hand expertise. Get on the track and give it a try and then start bitching about it.

Its a great track to add some variety in the track schedule and its close to home.

Last edited by ffejtable; 07-28-2008 at 09:04 AM..