Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #31
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoe View Post
will they allow minimotos?
You might be faster on that than some of the white group rookies.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #32
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

We started getting bikes together at work this afternoon, all our first timers are so excited that's all they've been talking about for days at work. Hell we're all excited!
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 11-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #33
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

4 bikes loaded on the funmover, now gotta load 9 more in the trailer and the Monmouth Cycles crew is ready to roll
when you see the rig in the paddock, make sure to come by and say hi
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com

Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 AM   #34
lateapex
Skid Mark

Thanks Omar and Michele for lunch. The rig and trailer are impresive and you got a great group of riders with you.

I was a great day. Weather was perfect, who would have thought it would be in the 60's in Novemeber at VIR. Perfect ending to a great season.
Team Pro-Motion Coach #929

"It's so much better goin' nowhere fast"

Stickers: See Chris at http://www.drippinwet.com

Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #35
I Ride
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex View Post
Thanks Omar and Michele for lunch. The rig and trailer are impresive and you got a great group of riders with you.

I was a great day. Weather was perfect, who would have thought it would be in the 60's in Novemeber at VIR. Perfect ending to a great season.

good times

FYI...i was playing a game that one lap.... to see how many turns we could go through side by side. that was fun

Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #36
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

Very good times were had. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Just kinda sad to end the season and hibernate.
Sucks that stiffy crashed out of second in the race. BTW, the guy that won is an AMA superbike racer. I heard he's the guy who got into it with Yates at Daytona a few years back.
No prob Geo, glad you could come enjoy with us!
That was funny Rob, had me cracking up in my helmet. I was trying to reach out and do the super cool post race slap hands as we were going up the hill but you kept me hanging you bastard! So then I thought of hitting your kill switch then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that.

Is it March yet?
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com

Old 11-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #37
lateapex
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Ride View Post
good times

FYI...i was playing a game that one lap.... to see how many turns we could go through side by side. that was fun
I saw you the whole time and it was fun. I never knew we could ride side by side through 4, 5 and 6. I would not recommend it at race pace.

BTW Rob I chased you in one blue session but never got you. Sliding the rear every lap in the Hogpen and using the curb as a bumper to stop the slide and get extra traction.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #38
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher View Post
Very good times were had. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Just kinda sad to end the season and hibernate.
Sucks that stiffy crashed out of second in the race. BTW, the guy that won is an AMA superbike racer. I heard he's the guy who got into it with Yates at Daytona a few years back.
No prob Geo, glad you could come enjoy with us!
That was funny Rob, had me cracking up in my helmet. I was trying to reach out and do the super cool post race slap hands as we were going up the hill but you kept me hanging you bastard! So then I thought of hitting your kill switch then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that.

Is it March yet?
Was tha tthe guy yates dropkicked for running him off the track or something?

Tom

Old 11-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #39
I Ride
Short Shifter

that wasnt him. the guy who yates kicked was anthony fania. I dont think the guy that won the race races AMA. a Guy i pitted with races Wera expert, and he knows him as a wera racer. the bike he was on is Lee Acrees (ama superbike racer) which he just bought....still had "Acree" on the shield ..probbly causing the confusion. sure he was fast, but the pace he was running was 3-4 seconds off even qualifying for a superbike race. if you guys never been....you must get down there to watch those guys rip it up. seeing Mladin drop consistant 24's is a site.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #40
I Ride
Short Shifter

Quote:
I saw you the whole time and it was fun. I never knew we could ride side by side through 4, 5 and 6. I would not recommend it at race pace.

BTW Rob I chased you in one blue session but never got you. Sliding the rear every lap in the Hogpen and using the curb as a bumper to stop the slide and get extra traction.
nice....i didnt know you were back there i woulda liked to play around. i gotta start going fast enough to slide around !

Quote:

Is it March yet?

ha ha...that was diff then the george game. I was "friend" stuffing you

that guy in your avatar is sexy. want me to buy him a drink for you ?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #41
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that.
That at the end of the day when Gallo had a shit fit when the coaches(and Glen) came in?

Definitely good times, great weather, great people. Used the first session to shake out the cobbwebs, after that it was all good. Definitely made up some time in other areas than in past events. Had two close calls during the day, had one guy buzz past me and the coach in front of me going down the roller coaster under a red flag that was put out 2 stations prior(need to pay closer attn) and had some dude pass up under me at the kink in the front strait at full throttle...not very smart either. All in all was a great ending to a great season.

I think my taste buds are still seized up from Buffalo Wild Wings. Theres also a new dance called the "Jimmy Shuffle"...and damn those 16oz. glasses Oh and that Funmover that Monmouth Cycles has is pretty

The ride there and back definitely sux for one day...thanks again Gino for caravaning.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #42
lateapex
Skid Mark

Quote:
nice....i didnt know you were back there i woulda liked to play around. i gotta start going fast enough to slide around !

I was trying to do the suprise attack. I was silding because I had to get on the throttle so soon because I didn't want to let you get away on the front straight. I'd close on you into T1 (brembo master helped there) but you'd walk me in 3 and I'd be close in 4,5,6,6a and through Stevie Wonder. I was real close going into 7 and we'd run even up the hill. You'd gap me into the top of the coaster. Then we'd run even down the hill. I'd slow up going into the Hogpen to get the drive out.

Last edited by lateapex; 11-15-2006 at 01:18 PM..

Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #43
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
That at the end of the day when Gallo had a shit fit when the coaches(and Glen) came in?
nope, it was earlier.
I heard there was some something going on at the end of the day, but I missed it
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com

Old 11-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #44
I Ride
Short Shifter

Quote:
I was trying to do the suprise attack. I was silding because I had to get on the throttle so soon because I didn't want to let you get away on the front straight. I'd close on you into T1 (brembo master helped there) but you'd walk me in 3 and I'd be close in 4,5,6,6a and through Stevie Wonder. I was real close going into 7 and we'd run even up the hill. You'd gap me into the top of the coaster. Then we'd run even down the hill. I'd slow up going into the Hogpen to get the drive out.

ahhh it was late in the day then...stevei wonder was tough. had to use the force.

i suck in 1....and that giant oil slick wasnt helping. I couldnt get myself to go through that.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #45
lateapex
Skid Mark

Quote:
ahhh it was late in the day then...stevei wonder was tough. had to use the force.

i suck in 1....and that giant oil slick wasnt helping. I couldnt get myself to go through that.
It might have been late in the day, I don't remember. T1 was not fun but there was decent traction though it but to be safe I was always to the inside of it in the blue group.

Cakes, what was Gallo mad about?