Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #16
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78
Beleive it or not, TPM does not profit from the videos. Glen thought long and hard about how to offer this service. The guys at Shadow Video seemed like a good solution. Like Bob said you must follow Shadow Video's rules and sign a waiver. Otherwise no video for you!!!

I personally think it's a good deal and a good idea. It's also a huge sore spot with a FEW members and I'm sick of all the whining...
I have no desire or intention of having a camera or being filmed, it would be nice but I'd never actually spend the money to buy the equipment. Please don't think I am whining over this. I dont know how she has gone about wording it at other riders meetings, but at Poc on the 9th it was basically a whole speech about how dangerous video taping is, and then she proceeded to tell us about Shadow video.. Perhaps being done in a more "controlled" environment is safer, but only time will tell...

Old 04-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

To be fair, Linda and Glen have explained it better at other riders meetings. I was at Pocono for the Ice Storm on April 8th and the message was clear. No ametuer video, but you'll have the option to have yourself taped.
No problems with understanding what they meant. Especially when Glen explained that he was struck 2-3 times by ametuer video makers on the track. I am sure he's just looking out for everyone's interest.
I would be pissed if I got hit by some jerkoff riding beyond his ability to make a film for himself attempting to look cool.

Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #18
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

heres a good question...

WHO GIVES A SHIT!?

have a nice day

Old 04-23-2006, 01:22 AM   #19
lateapex
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
I was riding at Poco-E 2 weeks ago and came upon a rider in a blue vest following someone in a blue vest who was following another in a blue vest. The middle rider was the one being videoed. I watched them move through traffic and yield to others. I was impressed at how the leader kept a pace that did not make the rider ride above his skill level and that when i passed the 3rd rider (with the camera) and moved between he and the rider being taped, there was no effort to jump ahead of me to get the shot back.

In other words, from what I have seen, they are respectful (Shadow Vid. and the rider) of what they were doing compared to everyone else. This is 180deg from what I have dealt with in past years.
I followed them at the end of the session and they were fine but the guy being taped did a wheelie down the access (with the camera guys in front and in back of him) and then ripped though the paddock.
How would he have acted if it was his friend taping him?

I've seen happen far too many times. Last thing TPM needs is more riders going down for something TPM can stop. Last year at Pocono I was in the paddock watching them unload a bike off the crash truck only to see seconds later his friend that was following him take a camera out from under his seat. Not only did the friend sneak a camera past but now his friend is hurt and his friends bike is now wrecked.

Shadow Video has a very strick policy where if you are reckless, out of control, act like an idiot or crash you get no video at all.
Team Pro-Motion Coach #929

"It's so much better goin' nowhere fast"

Stickers: See Chris at http://www.drippinwet.com

Old 04-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #20
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

So how does it work with Shadow Video being out there within the group? Are they taking up a spot? Is there a fee for them to be on the track. Eventhough they're offering a service for other riders, they're still getting track time. It's sorta grey area, you either allow it, or you don't type of situation. I'd be more weary of vid equip falling off the bike rather than the other rider.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #21
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

i wont disagree with anybody here although i see everybodys point as valid.!!!

i can also see a person would like to have a video tape of themselves (i myself would like 1 aswell but wont go out of my way to do so) to reflect on years and years from now when we are unable to ride that way anymore.

but my question is also this, what are we there for (track days) are we there to make videos or ourselves or are we there to learn to race the track and not let the track race us..?

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 04-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #22
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUtHpAw
but my question is also this, what are we there for (track days) are we there to make videos or ourselves or are we there to learn to race the track and not let the track race us..?
Well different people are there for different reasons. I am sure video can be a great learning tool in the right hands, so I can understand why people may want to do this for those reasons. I can even understand why people want it for the novelty of it.

If Shadow somehow has some special magical trick to prevent riders from riding over their heads, as they are "known" to do when being video taped, then great.

I am sure (hope) the TPM crew is keeping an eye on these video sessions to see whats going on...

Old 04-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #23
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
I am sure (hope) the TPM crew is keeping an eye on these video sessions to see whats going on...
Yes we are...
TPM Coach #71

Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #24
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
If Shadow somehow has some special magical trick to prevent riders from riding over their heads, as they are "known" to do when being video taped, then great.
Their 'trick' is 2 of them to one customer. The follower tapes, the leader sets the pace, keeps them from riding over their head.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #25
Smokes35

Sing it with me...

WHOOOOOO FUCKINGGGG CCAARRREEESSS...

Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #26
CBRBob
A 37 Production

I heard they have video of a white group rider running faster than Smokes........
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #27
Smokes35

i believe that was the whole white GROUP that was faster than me... textile suit boy!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #28
crammer
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to crammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
I heard they have video of a white group rider running faster than Smokes........

you know, smokes is a slow beyotch.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #29
Katanardr
Learner's Permit

Jeff is just nerveous that someone might see him crash... And have tape to prove it... STOP WHINING BITCH!!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #30
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle

Track videos? Who would do such a thing?

http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/FollowMe.wmv
http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/RushHour.wmv
http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/Summit1_HR.wmv

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.