Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #31
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz
I just bought him a digital camera to take to iraq with him. I expect to see some crazy shit in a few months.

i cant wait

Old 04-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #32
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

my weapon of choice was the mp5 when i couldn't afford the m4a1 in counterstrike.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 04-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #33
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Yeah i'm big into the clay shooting and just some basic rifle shooting at 100-200 yards. I don't have the $$$ to get into anything serious. I just like blowing off steam with a couple of crates of ammo.

Oh and my favorite handgun to play with is my pops .45 I can go for hours with that gun.

Good sh*t boys and girls. I'm glad to see that there are some people out there that still like guns.

Oh and Soda is so serious he now has a PA license to hunt. So if your walking in the woods and see a crazy russian in blaze orange RUN!!!!!

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #34
Mogwai
Squid

Send a message via AIM to Mogwai

Are you serious? Was it 9mm or 10mm or what? I loved the MP5, I've shot it about 3 times now. Its sick and amazingly accurate...and I mean on full auto. I'll post up my target if I have the pictures still. The M4 (Ar-15) is very accurate as well, three shot burst does climb a bit. In single shot mode you can put them through the same hole. Also, was it a silencer or a supressor? There is a difference. Yeah, its definitly not like the movies, but it does quiet it down a bit. If you get the MP5 with the built in silencer (like the military has), its very quiet.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #35
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i
Oh and Soda is so serious he now has a PA license to hunt. So if your walking in the woods and see a crazy russian in blaze orange RUN!!!!!

Yeah Beach just wait..
so when can i go shoot your guns to see which ones i liek so i can buy guns already..

Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #36
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai
Are you serious? Was it 9mm or 10mm or what? I loved the MP5, I've shot it about 3 times now. Its sick and amazingly accurate...and I mean on full auto. I'll post up my target if I have the pictures still. The M4 (Ar-15) is very accurate as well, three shot burst does climb a bit. In single shot mode you can put them through the same hole. Also, was it a silencer or a supressor? There is a difference. Yeah, its definitly not like the movies, but it does quiet it down a bit. If you get the MP5 with the built in silencer (like the military has), its very quiet.

I agree, the MP5 is capable of more than acceptable short range accuracy. As stated before there are no actual silencers, they are all called supressors. Lots of factors come into play with regard to noise levels, caliber of the weapon and ammunition type well as the actual design of the weapon itself.
Ammunition chosen for the task is the major player in the level of noise associated with it. The MP5SD is no more quiet than a standard MP5 with a supressor fixed to the end of the barrel. Its all in the ammo.....subsonic ammo will be much more quiet than standard high velocity ammo when fired through a supressor. High velocity ammo will generate a sonic crack as the bullet leaves the muzzle of the weapon. That simple.
Larger calibers even with subsonic ammo will also hiss rather loudly as they let off gas after the round leaves the barrel. Its just lots of pressure to control.

Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 04-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #37
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai
Who's mp5 did you shoot?

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism