Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 02-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #16
HondaGalToo
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrc51girl
Shoot last year I lost about 60 but I gained about 15 back :cries: I hate the gym... well my gym. I jus drink lots a water, and hope that helps.
Great job! You'll get it back off, you can do it! You've already proven that you can...

Old 02-09-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
Barbi
Unscheduled Blond Moments

Well, it came off wicked fast. Because I didn't eat... like at all!! for a month or so, then when I did eat, it came back up then when I could keep it down... I couldn't even finish a whole slice of pizza. (and I love pizza)

I know I can... I'm justa lazy azz. Once it gets nicer out (and yes I mean warmer than 65) I will start jogging again.

R.I.P. R14cd 6/4/06

Old 02-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #18
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Nice job, vice86!! Way to go! How'd you do it?
Weight Watchers...makes it easier to eat when you know you've only got a certain amount of points per day. I ate out of control before WW...its all about portion controls. I can still eat what I want, just smaller portions. I can plan a day out...eat a bowl of cereal and save the rest of the points for a night out at the bar. I need to get to the gym though...I'm actually losing weight wihtout excersicing...I'm gonna need to sculpt this fat into something.

My sister was sick of hearing me complain about being fat and pushed me to go to WW...so I thank her for doing that...otherwise I'd probalby be close to 350 right now..dur.

You'd THINK the turning point would have been Summer '03 when I went to Great Adventure and couldn't go on all the rides or got kicked off some cuz I was too big for it...EMBARRASSING!!!!

Last edited by vice86; 02-09-2006 at 03:35 PM..

Old 02-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #19
Rock712
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Rock712 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock712

Since I've been home i'm down 10 lbs. doing the chicken/ tuna thing and been working out with kettlebells

"How can you kill women and children?"
"Easy ya don't lead them as much!"
"navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse"
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays? You're smoking rope.

Participated in:OEF,OIF, OIF2, very sad I won't return
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG
UTMC : We are the good guys
ALL YOUR SIDEWALK ARE BELONG TO US
NSD

Old 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #20
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock712
Since I've been home i'm down 10 lbs. doing the chicken/ tuna thing and been working out with kettlebells
You really need to stop playing with your kettleballs while you're home, you're gonna go blind.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 02-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

from thansk giving till thispast sunday i actually gained liek 11lbs.. i started to diet monday and lost a grand total of 2 lbs next week i am hitting the gym the goal is to loose about 15lbs by april...

just eating right and working out..

congrats to all who are lossign weight.. ant and vic especially...

Old 02-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #22
HondaGalToo
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrc51girl
Well, it came off wicked fast. Because I didn't eat... like at all!! for a month or so, then when I did eat, it came back up then when I could keep it down... I couldn't even finish a whole slice of pizza. (and I love pizza)

I know I can... I'm justa lazy azz. Once it gets nicer out (and yes I mean warmer than 65) I will start jogging again.
Nuthin' personal, but try just decreasing portion size and exercising. It's been my experience that drastically reducing calories isn't effective in the long run. I also don't like quick weight loss diets or diets like Atkins.

Weight Watchers is a good program.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #23
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Id like to lose about 10 before my first track day in April.. but more importantly I just want to be in better shape, the numbers dont bother me too much.. id rather turn the fat into muscle and gain weight than loose weight but still look like a blob... been playing hockey the last several weeks, but I have to get my ass on the treadmill at least twice a week too...

lately i just havent been able to stop eating though.. argh!!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #24
RCM78
Tech Nazi

I'm a pretty big guy at 6'4" so I didnt look fat at 260lbs, But I felt fat.
Since january 2nd I've lost 22lbs, dropped down one pants size, and all my shirts fit properly again.
I'm doing the south beach diet. Completely eliminated sugar, simple carbs, and reduce fat as much as possible.

My goal was to lose 30 lbs but I'm almost there so I'm going to increase it too 40lbs. I havent weighed 220 for over ten years...
TPM Coach #71

Old 02-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

Since we don't have enough people to have a weight gain thread, please don't mind that I'm borrowing this one.

I'm trying to gain at 15 to 20lbs. I'm a stick, but so far for my resolution for the new year and to get ready for my wedding in May, I've gained about 3lbs. It fluctuates between 3 and 5. If only I could stick to my gym repertoire every week!

I'm close to 6'1" and I weight about 150. I'm trying to get to 165 - 170.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #26
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78
I'm a pretty big guy at 6'4" so I didnt look fat at 260lbs, But I felt fat.
Since january 2nd I've lost 22lbs, dropped down one pants size, and all my shirts fit properly again.
I'm doing the south beach diet. Completely eliminated sugar, simple carbs, and reduce fat as much as possible.

My goal was to lose 30 lbs but I'm almost there so I'm going to increase it too 40lbs. I havent weighed 220 for over ten years...

what sthe south beach diet..i sthat the crap you just drink?
due tell

Old 02-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #27
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Well im not the person that really needs to loose weight but i do need to get my ass in shape. So now i'm on my second week at the gym and god im out of shape. But i started with only a mile on the tread mill last week, now im up to 2 miles. Yippeee.

The good thing is that i got my roomate mack as my lifting partner 2-3 days a week. Its helping me learn on what to do and what not to do, and its just better when you have someone to work out with.

Good luck with all your goals this year guys. Hopefully when you see me in the spring time i'll be looking like a toned stud.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 02-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #28
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
what sthe south beach diet..i sthat the crap you just drink?
due tell
No, It not a shake only diet...
The diet works in three phases.
1st phase you eliminate sugar,fruit,potatoes,bread,and pasta. You can eat meat, fish, and veggies.
2nd phase you reintroduce fruit,whole grain breads,and wheat pasta.
3rd phase is called the maintenance phase. By now you should know what causes you to lose and gain weight... Try to limit white breads,pasta,sugar,and potatoes...
TPM Coach #71

Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

So far I've gained 6 lbs, my body fat has decreased a little. I've been eating lots of calories, carbs, and protein, minimal fats. Just been working out with heavy weights trying to build strength.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #30
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78
Try to limit white breads,pasta,sugar,and potatoes...
Poatoes are ok within moderation...sweet potatoes even better. The problem with stuff like breads, pastas, etc. is that they're high glycemic. Breaks down into to much sugars. If not burned off gets stored as fat. Anything consumed that the body can't use or get rid of gets stored as fat...protein, carbs, you name it. One of the most important things that people sometimes forget to add into their daily intake is dietary fiberous carbs. Basically being vegetables, broccoli common. Theres so many tricks on losing weight too...just don't believe that eating spicy foods makes you lose weight I've studied side by side with one of the best nutritionists on the east coast...amazing to see certain foods affect the body they way they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragon
I'm trying to gain at 15 to 20lbs.
Pick up a basic weight gainer, one with a good amount of protein/calories. Eat 7 smaller meals a day. 1 nice marbled(some fat) steaks a day. Wake up at 2am, make a quick shake with the weight gainer and go back to sleep. Do this for 2 weeks then take a week off, repeat.

FTM, when wanting to lose weight...cutting out alcohol makes it alot easier.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.