Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Introductions
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Slow in south jersey
Old 05-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
jesse370
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to jesse370
Default Slow in south jersey

My name is jesse, used to race atv's in district 6 MX. Had a zuki with a yoshi 450 stroker motor, and yoshi carbon ti full pipe. Bike was bad....sunk WAAAAAY too much loot into it....Enough I would've been able to easily buy my bike in cash...but such is life...ANYWAY.

Raced, and started to have knee problems again, bought expensive hinged MX braces...that got me another season of racing, but my body gave up. I would ride and then the next day I would be limping around...Went to my ortho doc and he advised that I give up that foolishness for something a little less high impact. So I sold the mx quad and picked up a zx6r in lime green. I owned some dirt bikes when I was younger and they were all kawis so I had to continue the tradition.

Anyway I was a hour and a half away up at washington cycle getting my boots and I met cakes and he told me to join up so here I am.....

Picked up rearsets already and some spools and a stand. Need to put the rearsets on soon, and I hope to do some trackdays really soon. I could use the practice.

I took the MSF course and really ride well below my ability to be safe. No squidly nonsense from me. I ride in all the gear too.....Suomy spec 1 extreme, joe rocket reactor, and double leather gaunlets from them too..forget the name, jeans ( i know I need to get real pants) and bohn leg armour under them and alpinestars mxr plus boots.

Sorry for the bio....I ride around south jersey and I'm always looking for people to ride with and fun roads to go on.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Welcome. I've always liked the reactor jacket for the summer.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse370
My name is jesse, used to race atv's in district 6 MX. Had a zuki with a yoshi 450 stroker motor, and yoshi carbon ti full pipe. Bike was bad....sunk WAAAAAY too much loot into it....Enough I would've been able to easily buy my bike in cash...but such is life...ANYWAY.

Raced, and started to have knee problems again, bought expensive hinged MX braces...that got me another season of racing, but my body gave up. I would ride and then the next day I would be limping around...Went to my ortho doc and he advised that I give up that foolishness for something a little less high impact. So I sold the mx quad and picked up a zx6r in lime green. I owned some dirt bikes when I was younger and they were all kawis so I had to continue the tradition.

Anyway I was a hour and a half away up at washington cycle getting my boots and I met cakes and he told me to join up so here I am.....

Picked up rearsets already and some spools and a stand. Need to put the rearsets on soon, and I hope to do some trackdays really soon. I could use the practice.

I took the MSF course and really ride well below my ability to be safe. No squidly nonsense from me. I ride in all the gear too.....Suomy spec 1 extreme, joe rocket reactor, and double leather gaunlets from them too..forget the name, jeans ( i know I need to get real pants) and bohn leg armour under them and alpinestars mxr plus boots.

Sorry for the bio....I ride around south jersey and I'm always looking for people to ride with and fun roads to go on.
welcome and good call on the anti squid measures....get yourself a pair of knee pads..i use fox racing one's...saved my legs when i went down on the twisties in NOV 05...

Old 05-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Jesse, whats goin on man...glad to see ya made it to the site...lot of great people here...enjoy

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Hassmaschine
Mr. Megadeth

Welcome aboard, I'm down in blackwood, SJ as well... know any good roads, I have yet to find em!

RIP Jon 08.15.78 - 09.02.03, RIP AJ.

-Ein Verstand, eine Energie. Sie mögen Motorräder und sprechen über sie!
-If it bleeds for more than 3 days and doesn't die, BAN IT!

Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
Taz
Hurricane Katina

Send a message via AIM to Taz

Welcome!

~No good deed goes unpunished~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Tina, you could have just ended that sentence with " I'm the smart one"...but we already knew that.
http://profile.myspace.com/Tazg24

Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

Welcome to the board.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Jesse, whats goin on man...glad to see ya made it to the site...lot of great people here...enjoy
Yeah they're alot of good people here except for 2...watch out for Hassmachine and NJF4I...those 2 will get you in trouble. Also Revs...now that guy is really a trouble maker

But welcome to the site and enjoy the rest of the peeps on here
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Last edited by JasonB; 05-23-2006 at 05:39 PM..

Old 05-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #9
jesse370
Learner's Permit

I still have my asterisk cell braces I need to see if they will work on my bike, they beat the hell out of the sides of my quad and I would rather that not happen on my bike....But they are carbon fiber with articulated knee armour to protect if you go down or catch something on the leg.

Sucks having to take celebrex before each and every ride

Hass as for roads....That is one reason I'm on here, I might get down kettlerun road in a day or so???
I'm in collingshood so we are close enough to each other......but I hear you are trouble.

Last edited by jesse370; 05-23-2006 at 03:05 PM..

Old 05-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
I still have my asterisk cell braces I need to see if they will work on my bike, they beat the hell out of the sides of my quad and I would rather that not happen on my bike....But they are carbon fiber with articulated knee armour to protect if you go down or catch something on the leg.
Welcome to SBA

Seems like you already had a good start with a great bike shop, Ron and Pappa John (owners) know most of us who frequent there. The next time you stop by tell them you're with SBA and they might give you a little discount.

I hear ya about the knee, I had major surgery on my left knee after a bad wreck last May. I'll be looking into those braces when I throw a leg back over next season. Being you have experience with them it seems like they work well.

Hopefully you'll really enjoy riding sportbikes on the street, lot less impact as you mentioned, and if your knee can handle it maybe you can look into some track days as well regarding your racing ability.

Good luck on the street!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
Hassmaschine
Mr. Megadeth

pot -> Kettle
kettle -> pot

Kettle run eh? Good roads down there? Or wait, are you talking about that ONE road off 73 and cooper?

RIP Jon 08.15.78 - 09.02.03, RIP AJ.

-Ein Verstand, eine Energie. Sie mögen Motorräder und sprechen über sie!
-If it bleeds for more than 3 days and doesn't die, BAN IT!

Last edited by Hassmaschine; 05-23-2006 at 03:48 PM..

Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Qetesh

Welcome to SBA Jesse Enjoy the site!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #13
jesse370
Learner's Permit

High revs....those braces have been amazing for me for racing. They were made by the dude who designed the CTi2, so you know its a good unit. But the nice part about them was that they would almost lock into the tops of my tech 8's and I don't know if they will do that on this pair of alpinstars....As far as my ability goes, racing atv's is alot of fun, but it was usually grip it and rip it and hope for the best...Your ass on the inside nerf bar sideways through a turn is alot of fun. With that it was all corner speed and how big of a set you have to go over the big jumps....

I have no clue how nice kettlerun is, my buddy said it is nice though, so we'll see and I think you are thinking of the road...Its on the way to atco, well that is always the way that I would end up going by it. The roads in SJ do suck for the most part though.......

Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #14
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Welcome to SBA

I don't know what the heck jase was talking about, but im no trouble at all. I keep to myself, and regarded as a very nice and quiet guy.

But hopefully you meet up with some good riders on the board and enjoy SBA.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 05-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
those braces have been amazing for me for racing. They were made by the dude who designed the CTi2, so you know its a good unit. But the nice part about them was that they would almost lock into the tops of my tech 8's and I don't know if they will do that on this pair of alpinstars.
I'm interested in a Teknic two-piece so I can use it for the street and the track and was wondering how well they fit under leathers. Did you have to get a size larger in the pants/legs so it fits?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'