Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Supermoto at Raceway Park this Sat (7/21)
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
njracer
Team Kessler

Default Supermoto at Raceway Park this Sat (7/21)

Just in case any of you are riding around the area on Saturday, Raceway Park in Old Bridge, NJ is having another open SM practice on the new roadcourse and there will be a dirt section (2....one big, one small).

It's free to watch so stop on by and check out some of the most fun you can have on 2 wheels that does NOT hurt the pocket ($$$$).

njracer

BTW, if you do stop by, come say hello......black Tahoe pulling a black enclosed trailer (fastway logos on the sides) and a white YZ450 (#20).

Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Is this the last practice of the season??
I am thinking of getting some street tires for the KTM and giving it a try.
I can't make it this weekend though.
Also if 2 people wanted to share a bike is that ok as well?

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409 View Post
Is this the last practice of the season??
I am thinking of getting some street tires for the KTM and giving it a try.
I can't make it this weekend though.
Also if 2 people wanted to share a bike is that ok as well?
The next scheduled practice is Sunday the 28th....then we just have to wait until they update the schedule for Aug/Sep/Oct.

If you wanted to share a bikethats no problem, one rider would have to go out in the expert practice and the other in the amateur practice.

BTW, the Chen Shin Barracuda's seem to be a good cheap tire to slap on the stock wheels to get you a taste of the motard fun.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
The next scheduled practice is Sunday the 28th....then we just have to wait until they update the schedule for Aug/Sep/Oct.

If you wanted to share a bikethats no problem, one rider would have to go out in the expert practice and the other in the amateur practice.

BTW, the Chen Shin Barracuda's seem to be a good cheap tire to slap on the stock wheels to get you a taste of the motard fun.
Cool I'll check those out.. also Kenda makes some that are supposed to be pretty decent as well. How safe is the track? I saw some pics of it from this weekend. What are all those white barriers??? cement or some kind of foam or painted hay bails?

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Cool I'll check those out.. also Kenda makes some that are supposed to be pretty decent as well. How safe is the track? I saw some pics of it from this weekend. What are all those white barriers??? cement or some kind of foam or painted hay bails?
The white blocks are foam but kinda on the hard side. This Saturday we ran a 3rd version of the track. This version only had one kinda scary section that would SUCK if you crashed. We ran the track clockwise and this had us heading into the bowl very fast (they had a chicane set up prior to the bowl but I was still at the top of 5th before gettin on the brakes hard and droppin 2 gears) and a crash there would have you into the foam and the WALL!! Also, this version had us using a GIANT straight and everybody was bitching about it since most did not have the gearing to make it work. I was topped out in 5th a 1/4 of the way down the straight and just had to keep rollin off to avoid revin da piss out of the motor.

Let's hope the word gets back to E-town and they go back to the layout we had on the 8th....that layout was the bomb and there were really no bad spots on the track.

Anywho, it was still a great day and once again LOTS OF TRACK TIME, so much that I was not able to last the whole day (I crapped out after 5, 20 to 30 min sessions).

BTW, we had quite a few guys out there with the chen shin tires on their dirtbike wheels.

Brian

Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #6
carl_g

Quote:
The white blocks are foam but kinda on the hard side. This Saturday we ran a 3rd version of the track. This version only had one kinda scary section that would SUCK if you crashed. We ran the track clockwise and this had us heading into the bowl very fast (they had a chicane set up prior to the bowl but I was still at the top of 5th before gettin on the brakes hard and droppin 2 gears) and a crash there would have you into the foam and the WALL!! Also, this version had us using a GIANT straight and everybody was bitching about it since most did not have the gearing to make it work. I was topped out in 5th a 1/4 of the way down the straight and just had to keep rollin off to avoid revin da piss out of the motor.

Let's hope the word gets back to E-town and they go back to the layout we had on the 8th....that layout was the bomb and there were really no bad spots on the track.

Anywho, it was still a great day and once again LOTS OF TRACK TIME, so much that I was not able to last the whole day (I crapped out after 5, 20 to 30 min sessions).

BTW, we had quite a few guys out there with the chen shin tires on their dirtbike wheels.

Brian
Yeah I plan to be there soon.. I am awaiting the dates to be announced for august and September Are there any guys out there on 2 smokers?

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Yeah I plan to be there soon.. I am awaiting the dates to be announced for august and September Are there any guys out there on 2 smokers?

There are a few but 4 strokes kind of rule the SM crowd.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
carl_g

Quote:
There are a few but 4 strokes kind of rule the SM crowd.
Yeah I knew that...

OCCR
RIP AJ600M