Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > Suspension, Tires, Handling
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

VERY heavy guy question.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
RonJ83
Ron 2.0

Default VERY heavy guy question.

well here goes. i weigh in at about 260-270lbs and this morning i called Absolute Cycle Performance up at Linden to see if i can get an suspension adjustment quote and they told me that because i weigh so much i need to change out the front springs. i know i weigh alot but do i really need to? ive called WCW all day today with no one answering and i shot them an email too. because they want to change out the spring the total amount for them to work on it is going to be 400 bucks. compared to 35 at WCW. like i dont mind but the truth is my weight fluctuates cause i get lazy and dont go to the gym or i become a gym rat and all i do is go to the gym, i started going to the gym again and i know im going to lose the weight but im debating on whether to get in contact with WCW and see what they think or go with Absolute and fork over 400 in which i might have to do again when i do lose the weight. anyone weight as much as i do or around me that has gotten their front forks resprung? please let me know.

Ron