Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Market Place - Salvage Yard > Classifieds > Wanted
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Thinking about a NEW bike
Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o
Default Thinking about a NEW bike

SO I am thinking of getting a NEW Bike. !?!?!

By NEW I mean it can be an 05, 06 leftovers, or an 07 but i want to be able to get some sort of promotion for it (like 3 months no interest or some crap like that one of those manufacture credit card promos)and/or pay it with a credit card. (I do not want to pay in cash or personal check unless it is an amazing deal so most likely private sales are out of this )

I currently have an 04 GSXR 750 and I like it a lot, as far as combination of weight, power, agility, and insurance price . I have also owned a 2002 R6 before and it was cool for the streets. I often ride a 2006 R1 which I think is a bit much for the street or at least for the way I like to ride. From time to time I also ride a 2005 R6 I like it but it is too whiny but I think more suitable for the street than the R1. I do not have much experience with Hondas or Kawis. I would consider another GSXR 750 (probably a 600 as well but the new style 06 an up) Ill probably keep this one bone stock and I like the clean look of the new GSXR with the little exhaust. I have never really rode on a Twin (well a few time on a monster 900) but might consider a Vtwin too.

SO let me know if you know of any deals around or if you see anything that might fit my description ... ( I know you people go to dealerships more often them I do and some of you know people at dealerships.)

Omar, let me know what you have going on at your place.. you seem to have good deals and hook people up and I hear great things about you and your service.

Thanks
Kon

Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Yamaha is running a 0 down, 0 interest, 0 payments for like 6 months on 07 and leftovers.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/we...0_details.aspx

I was thinking of going this route for an 06 R6 before I found a used ride that I liked.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code

Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
Yamaha is running a 0 down, 0 interest, 0 payments for like 6 months on 07 and leftovers.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/we...0_details.aspx

I was thinking of going this route for an 06 R6 before I found a used ride that I liked.
thanks for the heads up.. but i am nto sure i like the R6 for the street ( this is wher ei will be using the bike) and R1 well that might be a bit much ... and insurnace might be a bit much as well..

Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o View Post
thanks for the heads up.. but i am nto sure i like the R6 for the street ( this is wher ei will be using the bike) and R1 well that might be a bit much ... and insurnace might be a bit much as well..
I rode the 06 R6 and its a great bike but its really meant for the track. You really have to wring the hell out of that bike. Kawi 600 makes a bit more power down low and might be more suited but when I was looking, Kawaski wasn't really running any good promos.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code

Old 03-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
I rode the 06 R6 and its a great bike but its really meant for the track. You really have to wring the hell out of that bike. Kawi 600 makes a bit more power down low and might be more suited but when I was looking, Kawaski wasn't really running any good promos.
yeah its defianlty a track bike.. i rode it and liek i said to whiney have ot be in high rpms all the time and etc.. mayebits a good biek if youlive somewhere out side of the tri satte with lotso roads and no traffic.. IN NYC you need some power down low to not get killed.

thisis why i am so impresed with the GSXR 750 its not to powerfull like the 1000s but yet is less whiny and has more low end... also keeps up with the big bikes. thisis what i relaly liek about the 750... oh yeah plus the insurance is more like the 600s not the 1000s which is always good.

i am pretty much open to any class as long as the deal is good... especially since ill keep my other bike and make it a Stunt/Track bike with a clean title so i can alwasy take it out on the street.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

i love my twin, the low end power is unbeatable. but if your use to those newer 600's and stuff, my bike would feel like a tank, lol.

aside from ducati, who even makes a current twin, ( supersport ) no more TLR, no more RC51.
Unless they start making another serious twin, my next bike would probably be a busa. i like big bikes though since im big n fat. lol i feel WAY to squished up and any of the newer bikes.

next time i see ya, take my bike out for a whirl, it lacks the top end on the I-4' s but more than makes up for it with the low end grunt. and it sounds mean

Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000R View Post
i love my twin, the low end power is unbeatable. but if your use to those newer 600's and stuff, my bike would feel like a tank, lol.

aside from ducati, who even makes a current twin, ( supersport ) no more TLR, no more RC51.
Unless they start making another serious twin, my next bike would probably be a busa. i like big bikes though since im big n fat. lol i feel WAY to squished up and any of the newer bikes.

next time i see ya, take my bike out for a whirl, it lacks the top end on the I-4' s but more than makes up for it with the low end grunt. and it sounds mean
ill def take you up on that offer.. i am in PA alot now mostly every other weekdn and as soon as it gets warmer ill be taking my bike with me
trust me i kow how loud your bike is but i doubt i will like it even if i liek thepower and engine.. i am a small guy... this is why i never went witha Gix before the 2004 model year. because it felt wide and i was uncomfortable withit.. thisis why i chose the 02 r6 when i was buying a new bike back in 02...

Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
SO I am thinking of getting a NEW Bike. !?!?!

By NEW I mean it can be an 05, 06 leftovers, or an 07 but i want to be able to get some sort of promotion for it (like 3 months no interest or some crap like that one of those manufacture credit card promos)and/or pay it with a credit card. (I do not want to pay in cash or personal check unless it is an amazing deal so most likely private sales are out of this )

I currently have an 04 GSXR 750 and I like it a lot, as far as combination of weight, power, agility, and insurance price . I have also owned a 2002 R6 before and it was cool for the streets. I often ride a 2006 R1 which I think is a bit much for the street or at least for the way I like to ride. From time to time I also ride a 2005 R6 I like it but it is too whiny but I think more suitable for the street than the R1. I do not have much experience with Hondas or Kawis. I would consider another GSXR 750 (probably a 600 as well but the new style 06 an up) Ill probably keep this one bone stock and I like the clean look of the new GSXR with the little exhaust. I have never really rode on a Twin (well a few time on a monster 900) but might consider a Vtwin too.

SO let me know if you know of any deals around or if you see anything that might fit my description ... ( I know you people go to dealerships more often them I do and some of you know people at dealerships.)

Omar, let me know what you have going on at your place.. you seem to have good deals and hook people up and I hear great things about you and your service.

Thanks
Kon
Spell check

Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Spell check
NO its just a serious post so i acted serious and spelled crap liek it shoudl be spelle.d

i dont need no stinkin spell checker thingy magingy

Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #10
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

Quote:
ill def take you up on that offer.. i am in PA alot now mostly every other weekdn and as soon as it gets warmer ill be taking my bike with me
trust me i kow how loud your bike is but i doubt i will like it even if i liek thepower and engine.. i am a small guy... this is why i never went witha Gix before the 2004 model year. because it felt wide and i was uncomfortable withit.. thisis why i chose the 02 r6 when i was buying a new bike back in 02...
theoretically twins are supposed to be thinner than I-4s because of the placement of the motor... but you'd never know it sitting on my bike, lol.. its pudgy, but im so use to it and i love it. im sure i could ride another bike faster, but im too attached to my bike to get another one, im crazy like that.

im creepin up on the 30000 mile mark, so eventually im gonna be in the market for a new.. newer bike. but in the mean time im happy with my old overwieght pudgy bike lol.

and yes i say on an R-6 once, i felt like i was sitting on a pit bike or something, it felt so tiny n narrow and small!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000R View Post
theoretically twins are supposed to be thinner than I-4s because of the placement of the motor... but you'd never know it sitting on my bike, lol.. its pudgy, but im so use to it and i love it. im sure i could ride another bike faster, but im too attached to my bike to get another one, im crazy like that.

im creepin up on the 30000 mile mark, so eventually im gonna be in the market for a new.. newer bike. but in the mean time im happy with my old overwieght pudgy bike lol.

and yes i say on an R-6 once, i felt like i was sitting on a pit bike or something, it felt so tiny n narrow and small!
yup yup... i am the same way .. i get attached and so used to things i never want ot get rid of them..

Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

I'm not sure about deals but the only thing I'd put in the same bracket as what you're talking about is the Daytona 675. I doubt you'd get any deals though. As for twins Aprilia and Ducati are both making twins still and I'm sure you could get a deal on a 999/749 if you were interested. The 1098 is going to be pretty hard to find until much later in the year and you know there's going to be nothing in the way of discounts. I thought you could still get the RC51? I'm sure there'd be a few '06s floating around: http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...elId=RVT1000R6

Good luck dude.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
I'm not sure about deals but the only thing I'd put in the same bracket as what you're talking about is the Daytona 675. I doubt you'd get any deals though. As for twins Aprilia and Ducati are both making twins still and I'm sure you could get a deal on a 999/749 if you were interested. The 1098 is going to be pretty hard to find until much later in the year and you know there's going to be nothing in the way of discounts. I thought you could still get the RC51? I'm sure there'd be a few '06s floating around: http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...elId=RVT1000R6

Good luck dude.
thanks ES.. i actually I would not mid a Duc 749
but i am not in the market for a twin specifically... i want another bike for the streets. but the bike will be chosen based on deal and price. 600, 675, 750, 1000, which eve one happens to be the best deal in my situation. a twin is not neccessary, and it does not have to be the newset and latest i just want a bike for the street. a new stock biek for the street...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Fair enough. If you can still find a 749 you'd probably be able to get an awesome deal.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Fair enough. If you can still find a 749 you'd probably be able to get an awesome deal.
yeah really.. where? lol

yeah i am not in a hurry but i just wan tot have a nice bike for the street and one to abuse (track/stunt)