Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #31
duc748pilot
chicken wing

its def not all about times. some of the racers out there this weekend racing didnt even belong in white group with tpm...more like art basic! and these guys were racing.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #32
motopix

Yeah, it's not just about times. I ready for Red for sure but don't think I'm consistent enough yet. If I can get over this mental barrier about my speed then I'm hoping things will click into place better. Especially if I don't have to worry about scaring the crap out of people in the White group.

Hopefully, riding with faster guys will show me the way. But I'm a bit nervous about Red since there always seems to be multi-bike incidences in that group.

There were definitely some hairy moments in White this weekend. I couldn't see where the problem originated but there were two occasions (Turn 1 and Turn 10) where everyone came to a screeching halt. It was really pretty dangerous. I opted to dive to the inside of Turn 10 as it appeared the only clear line out of the situation. I didn't get talked to for that one because the two CRs I was riding with saw what happened and understood the situation.

I'll have to look for you guys next time so I know who I'm riding with out there. The #46 guy was definitely acting like he was racing me but he probably thought the same thing about me.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #33
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

I know what you guys are sayin bout the times...but if someone is runnin good times like that, they must be doing something right...a rider that fast in the white group can be somewhat dangerous in a way...especially how theres some people who are are unpredictable...have someone come off the line unexpectedly while yer tryin to pass and you could be toast...red group is definitely more predictable...and the passing is definitely cleaner...trust me...I'm gettin passed all the time, lmfao...I was nervous as hell too first time out in red...but Bob and Ralph were both out there with me and I had dropped 4 seconds off my time with just one session...being in a group of faster riders made me a faster rider I s'pose(this was at Beaver Run btw.)

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:01 PM   #34
duc748pilot
chicken wing

and a rider like that can be even more dangerous in the blue group. there is def no set "line" or what people like to think of the "perfect" line. your line is your line. no ones is wrong or right. BUT it is more so about sticking that same line over and over and over and over. any guy can go out and run crappy lines, but get on the throttle before you...and run faster times. faster times dont really equal a better rider. idk....i could go on for hours...

Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #35
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopix
I got talked to about that later. No point in arguing. Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir.

I was told I'd be no faster on a faster bike and it's pretty much true. I only managed to get a couple of seconds faster on the 750 than my best times on my SV. I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

If I can get the brake thing figured out on the 750-
LOL. ok, so that was you right in front of me getting black flagged while I was out there doing the coaching thing. You pretty much got flagged because of someone elses tendecy to hit you, not your tendency to hit them. But no big deal. We've all gotten the flag before.

Your brakes sound like they have air in them and were not properly bled. I suggest a vacumn pump/bleeder. Cheap and they make things really easy. And that pint of Motul will last a LONG time. But brake fade was an issue nonetheless. I still have the stock lines with stock fluid since I bought the bike new in April(dont ask why. fixing that after this weekend) But after being out there for about 10 sessions straight my lever was all mushy but still consistent. If they went after two laps it means you probably have air in there.

It's partially up to you to ask to be moved to another group. If I would have seen you out there running 1:31's I would have moved you right up after about 2 or 3 laps. I helped several people move out of the white group Sunday. At 1:31 you would more than likely of had to have been passing me since at coach speed I was like 1:35-1:38 since I was working with and looking for people. Next time start by asking a coach for some evaluation. It's as simple as saying , can you follow me for a lap or two? You will be much more comfortable in the Red group if you are picking up the pace. Then once you get to the point where you are lapping people in the red group and are continually passing a majority of the field it is time to move to Blue. But that requires dicing it up with 2 coaches since it takes two of us to sign off on the bump form to move a ride to the Blue group.

Bigger bikes don't equal faster speeds. I have seen guys on ex 500's dust people riding liter class bikes by seconds. It's all about being smooth, line choice and throttle control. But that RS 250 is a blast. I would love to have a bike like that. Those just corner like they are on rails. And they smoke!
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 07-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #36
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
BUT it is more so about sticking that same line over and over and over and over.
Exactly my point...as riders move up the predicability and the ability to hold A line gets better and better.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #37
motopix

Nope it wasn't me that got the flag unless I missed it but I WAS looking for it. I never made an 'illegal' pass unless the circumstances dictated it. I wasn't doing it on purpose. Twice I passed inside because a guy almost ran off the track and was sitting on the outside edge going really slowly. And once when we all got jammed up in 10 for some reason. In every case it just seemed the safest thing to do rather than wammie on the brakes and make the situation worse for people behind me.

I was told to come get a couple of coaches for evaluation after the lunch break but I didn't because I wanted more time to get comfortable on the bike. That was probably a mistake. I didn't mean to imply that there was no attention from the coaches. It's up to me to seek help or a bump. They told me I needed two coaches to sign off on the bump to red.

The guy getting flagged was probably the other dude I was keeping pace with. I think I got blamed for some of his stuff because he had a b/w suzuki and a yellow helmet too.

At least on the 250 it's easy to spot me

Really don't think it's air in the lines. I used a mighty vac and the lever-pull method when I installed everything, kept the lever tied back overnight and while trailering and bled them a couple of times at the track. Because of them returning to normal after a session I'm still thinking fluid boil. But I won't completely rule out air in the lines b/c ya never know.

Come find me when I have the RS running again and you can take it out for a session. It's a very different riding experience. Unfortunately, they've set a standard for brakes in my mind that I don't think I'll find in a heavier 4 stroke without spending big money.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #38
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

the Rs250 has amazing brakes.. I will never ride a diesel again. I dont care if I cant go 160 mph.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #39
motopix

ISM, when are you coming to Summit again?

Old 07-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #40
carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopix
ISM, when are you coming to Summit again?
i don't know If I am going to make it down there at all this year.. i am most likely going to beaver run in september! I am buying a house and money is a little tight.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #41
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Joe, where are all your pics??????????????????
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 07-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #42
carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Joe, where are all your pics??????????????????
yeah lets see some pics!

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 07-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #43
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409
I will never ride a diesel again.
Hehe, Diesels ARE 2 strokes......... :wave2:
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion