Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Stunts "Я" Us
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
I agree. If he wore gear, this thread wouldn't exist. So I guess it's cool, idiots give us something to talk about and higher insurance rates.
definatly not higher insuarnce rates.. he is on a closed course on a stunt bike whichis porbably (mostlikly) not insured but just used for competitions.. now if there was a pic of him doing wheleies on public roads and getting pulle dover or crashign ..than maybe

Old 04-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #17
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o View Post
definatly not higher insuarnce rates.. he is on a closed course on a stunt bike whichis porbably (mostlikly) not insured but just used for competitions.. now if there was a pic of him doing wheleies on public roads and getting pulle dover or crashign ..than maybe
I dunno. I asked my Medical insurance carrier why my rates were so high and he said" Well some asshole NOT WEARING GEAR and stunting crashed his bike and............blah ,blah, blah."

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #18
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Theres other types of insurance

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #19
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
Theres other types of insurance
hahaha no thats not why med isnurance goes up... its cause docotrs have to pay malpractice inssurance on themselves and they have been fucking alot lately i guess os their cost goes up and it is directly corollated to your medical bills. idiots like this actually get the doctors payed... and should technicaly lower our med insurance bills if they do this stuff more often

Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
and should technicaly lower our med insurance bills if they do this stuff more often
LOL.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #21
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #22
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
lolol!

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #23
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

It is stuff like this that adds to insurance rates... they calculate the risk involved in giving people similar machines... knowing stunters exist, and that there are stunters who hurt themselves and others out there, on bikes like the one I ride, tell insurance companies that there are higher odds other people riding those bikes will try that stuff too. If people started stunting on Goldwings, insurance on touring bikes would start to go up too. I'm not saying it's only stunters, but that certainly gets thrown into the Vegas odds of vehicle insurance.

His wearing of safety gear would have turned a banged up head into a headache... I guess it looks cool and all to not wear gear, to some, and I guess if I messed up in a large crowd and 1000's of people watched me dump a bike, I'd want my head split open too. You can't hear all the laughter if you're dead. It doesn't take much to split your head open...

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 04-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #24
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post
It is stuff like this that adds to insurance rates... they calculate the risk involved in giving people similar machines... knowing stunters exist, and that there are stunters who hurt themselves and others out there, on bikes like the one I ride, tell insurance companies that there are higher odds other people riding those bikes will try that stuff too. If people started stunting on Goldwings, insurance on touring bikes would start to go up too. I'm not saying it's only stunters, but that certainly gets thrown into the Vegas odds of vehicle insurance.

His wearing of safety gear would have turned a banged up head into a headache... I guess it looks cool and all to not wear gear, to some, and I guess if I messed up in a large crowd and 1000's of people watched me dump a bike, I'd want my head split open too. You can't hear all the laughter if you're dead. It doesn't take much to split your head open...
lmao it was a closed track... if thats the case look at all the pro racers...
if you want to know why the ins rates are goona go up look at every manufacturer in the sport bike world

you want to know what ur buying..... its basically a race bike that was put on the streets... thats why ur ins rates are going up cuz the ins company are noticing the fact that sport bikes= race bikes...

and what you think you cant get killed doing170+mph while wearing full gear??

its a catch 22

ur screwed both ways

Old 04-30-2007, 06:17 AM   #25
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckle up View Post
lmao it was a closed track...
Doesn't mean the bike can't insured...of course pending it's all legit, which is a whoooole 'nuther topic.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #26
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckle up View Post
lmao it was a closed track... if thats the case look at all the pro racers...
if you want to know why the ins rates are goona go up look at every manufacturer in the sport bike world

you want to know what ur buying..... its basically a race bike that was put on the streets... thats why ur ins rates are going up cuz the ins company are noticing the fact that sport bikes= race bikes...

and what you think you cant get killed doing170+mph while wearing full gear??

its a catch 22

ur screwed both ways
thanks you.. Retom... its everyone ones fault.. its peoel who ever poped a wheeli on PUBLIC Streets, people who dragged a knee on public streets, peoel who went over the spedlimit.. etc etc.. so stop it!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #27
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
Doesn't mean the bike can't insured...of course pending it's all legit, which is a whoooole 'nuther topic.
its cakes's fault he is the reason why we have high ins and alot of I B S

Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #28
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post
The number one factor for inflated motorcycle insurance prices are theft. It's a 100% total loss for the insurance company. They have higher prices for higher crime areas right? I don't see any high stunt area premiums. But seriously, ask your insurance agent next time why the prices are so high or why some areas cost more than others, they'll flat out tell you it's theft.

Besides that, to get full insurance you need to get your bike fully inspected. Most stunt bikes, unless maybe it's your daily driver, won't pass the inspection and won't be fully insured. So the companies aren't paying out when they're wrecked. This part is just what the rider insurance agent told me about getting full coverage, I don't know if it's true all over or not.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 04-30-2007 at 12:25 PM..

Old 05-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #29
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

Whoa, stunters and stunt fans, relax, I didn't put the blame 100% on stunters. If you read, you'll see I said something like, "it adds to it." Now, if you want to get into things... let's get into it a little.

I have no issues with stunting, I enjoy watching what people can do, some of the stuff is just really cool. What I DO have a problem with are people who are too cool to wear safety gear. It doesn't take much to have your head bashed in. I'm not going to argue with someone's requirement to wear a helmet or not, because some people are stupid and agree with the way helmet laws (or lack of laws) are in states like FL or CT. This guy is a professional, he should know what kind of example he is setting out there for the wannabes in the crowd that either do have a bike or will have one one day.

Professional racers NEVER slack on the gear. Over the years, equipment has gotten better and better and you will always see it as a REQUIREMENT, not an option. Yeah, there are people who will emulate the moves of the racers on the street, but hopefully the fact that they wear safety gear (and look cool as hell doing it), will rub off.

As far as race bikes being on the street now, that has always been the case. Bikes may not have been hitting 200MPH back in the day, but plenty of bikes were capable of well over 100mph back in the 70's.

My bike is nowhere near the monster that my friends ZRX1100 is, yet my insurance is outrageous compared to his. There are a million factors in an insurance agencies pricing plans, and to say that things like stunting are not calculated in would be ridiculous. It's certainly not something that's hidden in the world of motorcycles when stupid kids are doing wheelies at 100+ through highway traffic. Now, I can certainly believe that motorcycle theft has a ton to do with the price of insurance, but can you honestly say that the accident/injury rate of sport bikes has nothing to do with it? Talk to just about everyone who's been riding sports bikes for most of their life, and I'm sure most will have stories about going down after doing something stupid. Bikes aren't built out of steel anymore, it's plastic, C/F, aluminum, etc. It doesn't take that much to destroy a bike or cause enough damage for someone to put in a claim for their $10,000 1000cc bike. I see plenty of those in the papers every spring/summer/fall.

I'll rephrase my initial response to this post to limit any sort of drama, how's this...

"What an idiot. Hope those Oakley's live up to their 400lb guarantee."

Ye Olde Myspace

Bikes and Gear
Old 06-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #30
07RedbullR6
Learner's Permit

Default Bikes and Gear

The age old battle between those who wear a helmet and those who don't seem to echo similar arguments, arguments between those who wear gear and those who don't. In my opinion, bikes are dangerous period. Wearing gear or not your going to get hurt in some way or another, if you crash. Gear is simply a matter of controlling how screwed up you get, everyone knows that. Limiting how messed up you can really get seems to really be the argument. To much is focused on the gear itself and not on the simple fact that there are other contributing factors in some one getting really messed up and some one not. For example lane splitting. I'm going to be new to Riverside soon, and dang! just being there for 2 weeks watching guys lane split at 70 is ridiculous! Talk about getting messed up whether or not you have gear. Keeping the main thing the main thing is really just promoting simple riding principles.

I hope to meet some of you guys out on big bear mountain. Keep an eye out for the Redbull R6 with race railz soon.