Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Group Rides
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #46
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Good morning Day 3...

We got shushed out of the campground by some grumpy lady for being too noisy in the morning, and starting our bikes up to warm them up. Funny thing is, she was with a huge group of bmw bikers. I think most of them trailered their bikes to the camp ground. It was pretty lame one of the guys couldn't come over and ask us to keep it down, instead having one of their old ladies come over to bitch us out. Anyways...we didn't have much to pack up so we headed out not too long after that.

This is just down the road from the state park we camped..we talked about eating a quick breakfast but they didn't have much options and we were still a little irritated by the grumpy old lady so we said fuk it and started our ride for the day...and it's a good thing too because we would soon find one of the best breakfast diners ever. It was another beautiful morning to ride.

time for breakfast..

i didn't get their waffle, but one of the other guys did and said it was the best damn waffle he's ever had in his life! so good that he ordered a second one!

a quick pit stop in a small VT town.. any guesses what this is??? lol.

we parked here a bit since we had to make a turn and was waiting for couple others to catch up. we were soon advised by the local leo to move along, that we shouldn't be parked on the sidewalk like that. i guess we were still in the philly parking mode...as long as pedestrians can pass, sidewalk parking is OK.

roads are not too shabby for having such harsh winters up here.

dinner time! we don't see much of these anymore. pretty good food, excellent service. we're in NH now.

we stayed at KOA tonight...we rented this caboose. it was an uneventful night. no campfire explosions this time.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #47
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Day 4...

Morgan was messing around with my camera last night. He has a habit of messing around with camera settings and not putting them back.

breakfast.. steak cut fresh to order. he cut me an extra thick slice.. all this for about $7...!!

oh yes...just what we're looking for..

mt. washington!!! it was very warm down here at the bottom. the nice ticket lady advised of the speed limit, and no passing... we nodded to acknowledge. 8 miles to the summit.

it's gorgeous up here!

Capt'n Morgan..

some parts were under repair..

it was pretty damn cold up here...still leftover snow around the platform.

time to head back down...

one of my favorite photos Tony took on this trip. I have it blown up and hanging in my office. Good memories.

back to the KOA for dinner on the grill..

some potatoes too

omg this caboose started to stink up with our boots off...lol.

end of Day 4... with each day I ride my KTM 950SM, i love it more and more. such an awesome bike, perfect for the kind of riding i enjoy.

2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #48
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Day 5. back on the road..

he's paranoid about running out of gas so he tops it off all the way to the brim.

bridge repair.. lucky for us there's a ferry and not some lame ass detour.

our cabin for the next few days.

lcoal place for dinner. the adirondacks are a little run down in some parts.

I think this is Day 6 now. Funny how the days seem to go by so quickly while on the road.

dinner at home. some working harder than others. ha.

probably still drunk from last night. not a pretty night for captain morgan. that's all i say about that.

Day 7, i think.. after a long night of drinking, most of the guys were still groggy and wanted to bum around the cabin. i think they ended up watching some hbo movie about the stock market crash and crooked traders. no one wanted to ride so i went out solo.

saw a few others along the way.

most do not wave back. oh well, safe travels for you anyways.

didn't really need the radar out here, but just in case.. i've received enough gifts from local neighborhood officers.

almost the end of my loop.

dinner time!

nice little spot.

really nice way to break up the middle of a long trip with some r&r. but, it's time to ride again, i'm looking fwd to hitting the road again.

2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #49
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Day 8... the end of our trip is near.

i like this bag, but it's little too big for what i tend to pack. it can expand even bigger from what you see. i try to pack light and bring only what i need for my moto trips. i ended up trading this for a smaller size, which is perfect IMO for week long trips.

unfortunately, one of us had an emergency back at home, so he had to break off and highway slab it back. matt head back with him to keep him company.

3 of us ride on to our usual primitive camping spot in NY.

really feels like home, we've been here so many times.

dinner at the lazy beagle. great little restaurant.

Day 9... it's a deary day, and rain was in the forecast. not bad for being on the road all this time this is the first sight of crappy weather. this combined with one of having very close to bald tires... we decide head back home...only a day's ride from here. a good trip overall. it was a nice change of pace from our usual trips with 300+ miles per day of twisty backroads of the south.

2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t