Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 06-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #16
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Im slacking i need to change mine soon....

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #17
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
I have to agree with Cakes on this one. Check out 1000rr.net and do a search on oil. ScootR is a board member and an oil engineer. He knows most of the formulators out there and has been responsible for numerous tests regading engine oil. After speaking with him on the subject you will see that what he says regarding oil is law.
Cool...Matt, if you can find any of his tests, post em up...I'd like to see what he has to say.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #18
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

do a search... it's been answered to death... oh wait, this is a new board :wave2:

I change my oil AND filter every 3000 street miles... I use full synth all the time. Intervals are really dependant on the use of your engine, the filters ability, and the oil you use... If your oil looks like crap after just 1k, then change it. If your oil still looks nice after 4k then don't change it...

I would suggest that if you're running dino or a blend you should keep a closer eye on your oil changes then if you're running full synth.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 06-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Remember, most oils darken in the first 100mi. It may look bad but you should get thousands out of it as long as you change it regularly.
I run Semi synth, HP4 or Motul. 2K on the street and about 5-6 days on the track. Mind you I average 200-220ish miles a day on the track
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 06-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #20
HondaGalToo
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
I have to agree with Cakes on this one. Check out 1000rr.net and do a search on oil. ScootR is a board member and an oil engineer. He knows most of the formulators out there and has been responsible for numerous tests regading engine oil. After speaking with him on the subject you will see that what he says regarding oil is law.
Thanks, I'll check it out. Even though I've had folks tell me it's ok, I can't get my head around it and I change mine every 3k anyway, and prior to winter storage. Depending on the year, 3k may be all the miles I put on all season, unfortunately.

Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #21
Roberts
Squid

Every 4 track days. When it was on the street, with semi-syn, 4 or 5k (depending how I rode) with the filter. My oil usually looks so good I want to put it back in.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #22
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

once a seaosn.. i am not a big oil hanging guy...

Old 07-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #23
CBRBob
A 37 Production

On the street, every 2K. On the track, well I mis-counted and instead of going 4 days I went 7 and I could hear more engine noise on the last day for sure. Changed the oil on the last day and it was like water This was Motul semi-synth to boot!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 07-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #24
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

about every 4 track days, sometimes 5 (same time I change tires and bleed brakes) or 2500 miles, whichever comes first since same bike does double duty. I use repsol full synth, and an oem filter.
also fresh filter and the cheapest motorcycle specific oil I could find before it goes to sleep for the winter. when it comes back out, oil change back to the synth, but keep the same filter
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts