Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 12-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #46
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
I was a pretty capable Blue Group rider and guys on 600's would kick my ass all day long. A liter bike on the track is really hard to ride. Even on big, fast tracks like Summit Main. What most people don't realize is that they build speed so fast, you really have no idea until you are coming up on the braking markers. You seem to offer a lot of advice on this yet you have never ridden on the track nor a literbike for that matter.
dude...leave him alone he read about this in cycle world.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #47
Vin
Ducaddilac

Send a message via AIM to Vin

Facebook | Flickr | NYCGo - New York City

Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #48
CoolerBig
Squid

Send a message via Yahoo to CoolerBig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy
I can't agree more here with you cakes, Unless you are one of the hayden brothers you can kiss the factory perfomance "gains" out the window. And as you know horsepower means nothing except for the straight away and even then the more corner speed you have the better drive you will get out of the corner...10 feet on the gas earlier can give you a couple of fractions of a second to your lap time and that = winning races.

I as well was watching those guys at the GP moto race going down summit thinking, holy shit they are flying and thats alot of braking to be done before nasty T1....I remember freaking out on my bike at first to...WAY over braking on my first few laps. I can't imagine if I was doing 170+

Another expierence, I remember at Summit being stuck behind a zx9r for a long time....given the fact that I would ride his ass every turn...then he would gun it on the straights leaving me in the dust only to have to overbrake to avoid hitting him in a turn. Ron im sure a 10r will not have a problem eating up the 600's but if you put an expierenced rider on the 600 and first day track rider on the 10r you get different results.

The engine is not a brake

Now that I have been able to put my thoughts on this here. Let me get straight to the point.

CoolerBig: I really think you are overlooking this whole idea we are trying to put forth to you. The reason we are trying to suggest purchasing a 600 is to become familiar with the whole track thing first. Trust me as soon as you get on the grid you will be shitting your pants, then you have to worry about the power of a liter, doing this and making sure not to do that. It gets hairy.

You can be a street wonder, and come to the track and get your ass handed to you...even twice in one day.

Do it the smart way and listen to some of these people.
Why can't I become familiar with the whole thing riding 10? That's what I don't understand. That's what they told me when I was buying my first bike - go with some kind of shitty machine to start with. You know what I think? It's in your head. And if you did shit in your pants it doesn't mean that all others do.

And yes, of course...If you put an experienced rider on 600 and a newcomer on a liter bike, the matter of fact you WILL get different results. But this is what I was talking about in my previous post. My point is: It's not what you ride, it is how you ride.

Last edited by CoolerBig; 12-05-2005 at 11:43 AM..

Old 12-05-2005, 11:39 AM   #49
CoolerBig
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409
dude...leave him alone he read about this in cycle world.
Well, if you're talking about me, then you are not correct on this one. I've read books, not cycle world. Please do judge people...it can be very offensive.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #50
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerBig
Why can't I become familiar with the whole thing riding 10? That's what I don't understand. That's what they told me when I was buying my first bike - go with some kind of shitty machine to start with. You know what I think? It's in your head. And if you did shit in your pants it doesn't mean that all others do.

And yes, of course...If you put an experienced rifer on 600 and newcomer on a liter bike, the matter of fact you WILL get different results. But this is what I was talking in my precious post. My point is: It's not what you ride, it is how you ride.
And I'm telling you it's easier to learn on a smaller bike at the track. I took the same route you did and I'm speaking from experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 12-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #51
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Quote:
Well, if you're talking about me, then you are not correct on this one. I've read books, not cycle world. Please do judge people...it can be very offensive.
Ism was not referring to you nor was his comment meant to be offensive in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
And I'm telling you it's easier to learn on a smaller bike at the track. I took the same route you did and I'm speaking from experience.
Ant is a very good rider with an ample amount of track time under his belt. You may want to listen to what he has to say and give it some serious thought.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #52
CoolerBig
Squid

Guys! Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really appreciate it. It's a lot of information. A lot of it makes sense.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #53
CoolerBig
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
Ism was not referring to you nor was his comment meant to be offensive in any way.

Ant is a very good rider with an ample amount of track time under his belt. You may want to listen to what he has to say and give it some serious thought.
ok, sounds very reasonable to me. I am considering getting a 600 to start with, and see if I ever want to switch to a litter bike on the track.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #54
Vin
Ducaddilac

Quote:
Guys! Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really appreciate it. It's a lot of information. A lot of it makes sense.
Hey man, it's a pretty good conversation, and it didn't get out of hand. Hope to see you out there next year!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #55
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Quote:
ok, sounds very reasonable to me. I am considering getting a 600 to start with, and see if I ever want to switch to a litter bike on the track.
Ultimately it is your decision and yours alone. All these guys would help and support you either way. Hope to see you out there soon!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #56
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Quote:
No I was busting high-revs' balls.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #57
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Did you ever notice that the track record on a 750 at Summit Main is only like a few tenths faster then the fastest times on a 600?
I was just assuming ...and you know what they say about people who ASSume

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 12-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #58
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

I have a liter bike and i want a 600 for the track, just cant afford it. Cant role on the throttle as hard on the liter bike as you can on a 600 coming out of a turn.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #59
CoolerBig
Squid

Since you guys are so knowledgeable in this area...Can you tell me where I can get a race ready 600 bike. A couple of good places would be nice

Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM   #60
Vin
Ducaddilac

Quote:
Since you guys are so knowledgeable in this area...Can you tell me where I can get a race ready 600 bike. A couple of good places would be nice
wera.com
NESBA