Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

bike issues
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712
Default bike issues

I will start from the beginning to get everyone up to par on this on going situation..

My wifes bike, 2002 GSXR750 ran great for 4 years, she didnt ride it all that much this year, maybe 15 - 20 times at the most.

One day we took the bikes out and she said her bike is bogging at 9,000 RPMS. I took the bike out when we got home and sure enough it did.

The following day I changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, took the bike back out and it was still doing the samething. Came back home and overlooked the entire bike, thought maybe a vacuum hose was off.

I called up Ron at WCW (Washington Cycle Works) to set up an appointment to bring it in and have them look at it, turns out the black box on the side of the throttles are shot. buying them new is very very expensive and hard to get, even through Suzuki...

But he gave me a number to a place A&J Cycle Salvage in PA, they wound up a few, ordered the entire throttle bodies with the black box (on the right side) with the primary and secondary position sensors.

They were delivered within 3 days, cleaned them up real good, put them on the bike, got the bike back together, started the bike and had to make some idle adjustments. took the bike out and the same thing happend. bogging at 9,000 RPMS.

Got the bike back home, took the throttles back off, checked to see if something i missed wasnt connected. took the black box apart only to find out the small gear in the center of that box was cracked off. ok SHIT, but they gurantee the parts, and of they dont work they will send a new set.

called them up, told them their bad, they told me to send them back and they will send a new one out the following week because they leave in 3 days for a weeks vacation. i put the throttle in my backpack and take the 2 hour ride there on my bike.

I get there only for them to tell me they have no more WTF i rode here for 2 hours and you tell me you have no more when you told me on the phone you did.!!!!

well after searching the internet, we found another place in Florida, Cycle Reposession place, they reposess the bikes and break them down and sell in parts...

got them in today, installed them and its still doing the samething.. but now this time is back firing pretty bad. plus if i hold the throttle at say 6,000 RPMS at a speed of say 75MPH the bike goes, stops, goes stops, constantly...

Im stummped as to what else it can be, anyone have any ideas..?

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Buy a Honda.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

check ur charging system ...make sure that it is puttin out the right voltage and also test the batt it could be going bad and if the batt starts to go bad it will act that way when its under a load

check the stator and the rectifire

also check the kickstand saftey cuz some times the spring goes bad and its will malfunction and start to shut the bike off

also check batt terminals for good connection cuz if they are loose the bike could act that way

is the bike throwing the fi light at you???

if you want even i could help you out and stop by and see for my self how the bike is acting

where are you located??

pm me if you want me to help

Last edited by buckle up; 09-10-2007 at 10:36 PM..

Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Buy a Honda.

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Just disable the secondary butterflies and forget about it. Take the control rod out but leave the servo connected. That way the bike won't throw any FI malfunctions and you won't have stupid broken servos messing with your ride.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Did you change the actual TPS sensor too?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

to be honest i really havent checked to-to much, other then changing the plugs and fully charging the battery.

I'm really going on by what Ron told me, im going to call him in a bit to set up another appointment, he is probably tired of seeing me lol

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
wcrbikemike
Skid Mark

Did you gap the plugs properly? If the gap is to tight it can make the bike run bad in the high rpm range. Also clean your fuel pump it could be clogged and not flowing enough fuel in the high rev range.