Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

WW III......
Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev
Default WW III......

I want to start a topic to see what some of you think...Please just give your honest opinion PERTAINING to the topic. Don't bash anyone for their thoughts, remember this is a friendly forum..we all love each other....

I was in a discussion with a co-worker about the event's in the past 6 years leading up to now. He is predicting WW III this year (he's a history major and history freak). Anyway, it was mentioned that we have a major aircraft carrier moving into the Iran borders. Iran at this point has a nuclear facility along with North Korea. Basically, it was said that the US is basically trying to "Provoke" an attack against us from Iran, in turn the US will unleash on the Iranian power plants and blow everything up to smitherines. Some other countries we have to watch out for who has Nuclear Technology is (India, Pakistan, China and a few more).

If the fight for arms race starts up this year it can lead to WWIII.

What i'm affraid of is that if a war starts between US and Iran (which has been an ongoing war for about 30 years now) North Korea will take advntage of the situation and try something sneaky. I'm also not happy with the latest attepts of China Sending an anti-satellite missle to space and blowing up thier own satellite. God forbid they get in it also they can blow US satellite's and then we would be basically blind. From there force an attack on US soil. These are just things going through my mind....

On the brighter side I look at it like this. If we were ever invaded by any other country, you can bet your bottom dollar that US citizens will bare arms and wax any unwanted homo's that set foot on US soil. That is one good thing about US Citizens....they embrace each other on rough times...although shoot each other on easy times.....

Does anyone else think that this "war on terrorism" has stemmed out further then just that. That this time of day countries are trying to be the "Super Power". China is well on it's way...Although they still need the US as a import/export business to keep them running smoothly, countries have been known to make stupid moves in the past centuries...

Old 01-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

You've had too much time to think!

In my opinion there's always been that potential to get WWIII started. It's only a question of which country will ship the first missile. The WTC tragedy was close, but since it wasn't formerly tied to a country, it didn't happen.

I'd like to think China is gearing up to be the biggest empire financially, maybe that goes along with being able to defend itself with the satellite busting missiles. Maybe they're just sending a message that they're ready for anything if the US wants to bring it on behalf of somebody else ... say India.

India is also one of these countries that has been growing rapidly in technology and finances. I think that's a good thing. same thing for China.

The rogues we have to watch out for are North Korea and Iran.

P.S. I'm not into world politics much, these statements are based upon day to day observations.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

If you want to worry about something, start checking into
the North Korean Biological Weapons program.

Nukes are very difficult to manufacture, although there is the
possibility of a black market purchase to consider.

Then there is always the possibility of an asteroid strike taking
out the entire planet in, oh say fifty years or so, if I remember correctly...

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
On the brighter side I look at it like this. If we were ever invaded by any other country, you can bet your bottom dollar that US citizens will bare arms and wax any unwanted homo's that set foot on US soil. That is one good thing about US Citizens....they embrace each other on rough times...although shoot each other on easy times.....
actually the darker side is that US citizens and government will become prejudiced against US residents and citizens of the associated ethnicities. Arabs and Middle Easterners (heck, even Indians who LOOK like middle easterners) are already being discriminated against. If this war escalates, not only will the US be physically broken up by bombed cities, deaths, destruction, but we will also be emotionally broken up as everyone becomes suspicious of their friends and neighbors.. everyone except white/european people (and probably hispanics) will be looked at with jaded eyes. not sure how far the government will go -- you'd think in this age and time that concentration camps wouldn't even be an option -- but you'd also think that the old days of drastic decisions that sparked ww1 and ww2 were over (ha!).

Quote:
Does anyone else think that this "war on terrorism" has stemmed out further then just that. That this time of day countries are trying to be the "Super Power". China is well on it's way...Although they still need the US as a import/export business to keep them running smoothly, countries have been known to make stupid moves in the past centuries...
as far as i know, the US has made many more stupid moves than china has. in fact, i think (my opinion, not fact) that US's tacky display of 'power' by blatantly going into iraq only triggered china's nuclear buildup race/display as a response. if anyone is to blame for this huge upheaval and display of 'nuclear arms' it would be the US. north korea and other countries have always been nuclear threats but they did not go around attacking other countries like..*ahem* the US did. now the whole superficial peace is falling apart and after the US made the first move, other countries can now come out and announce their moves.... dumb dumb dumb.

www.2WheelAffair.com
THE ULTIMATE MOTORCYCLE PARTY SHOW 2007

ADD ME!!:
www.myspace.com/2wheelaffair

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

There are two types of people in this world, people who ride motorcycles and people who wish they could ride motorcycles.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Last edited by EuniceEstelle; 01-25-2007 at 02:29 PM..

Old 01-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Eunice...I see your point. US did start the race on nuclear power..and sad to say we have used it (hiroshima). At the same time US has the power to do almost anything when it comes to military power BUT...US also has the best control of it. If a country like Nk gains more access to super power weapons..chances are they will go buck wild with it....

US has had decent reasoning for defense...But other countries i'm sure will

abuse the advance weaponry just for proof of power...

BOB...good point on the biological weapons. Funny thing is, we know they have it and you don't see the UN over there policing any of it. I personally used to work for United Nations and have seen a lot of inside b.s. that they do when it comes to "controlling the countries".

Old 01-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

You can't have it both ways. When the US sits aside, the UN pushes for the US military to intervene and make their resolutions hold water by backing them with military force.
US Carrier groups are a show of diplomatic and military force. The UN has placed embargoes on IRAN and they carriers are there to make sure that they are enforced. I doubt it if it will be the cause for WW3. If you knew how many places our carrier groups sail to in order to project a show of force, your friend would have lost many $5 bets about the potential for the next world war.
Human nature is a funny thing. One of man's greatest setbacks are his ability to hate and to lust for war. Modern man has shown himself to be no different, especially amongst third world nations. IMHO, people just don't have the capacity to live in peace. Peace only exists when people have something to fear, usually its the fear of war/defeat. Projection of military might has prevented lots of conflicts in the past, so the practice continues.
Leaving a lunatic alone with an intention to build nuclear weapons is just reckless on our behalf. That goes for Korea and Iran.
Since the end of WW2, the US has gotten itself entangled into being the world's police. I would have preferred that we did not do that, but in most cases, getting involved to stop oppression and slaughter was the right thing to do. Personally, I have always dreamed about an America with solid borders and effective immigration system. I would love to see the soldiers come home and actually defend this country .. but from here. Let everyone else fend for themselves and see what happens then. WW3 would be almost guaranteed. In the power vacuum, lots of insane things would take place. Not pretty, but it would happen nonetheless.
Then the ultra Libs here would be screaming that we either send all the money we had in relief, or get involved militarily...or both. You will never win being an American on the world forum. There isn't enough pride in actually having the privilege to live here anymore. I am getting sick of it. I personally don't ever see the return of McCarthyism because we're hopefully wiser now. I am of Japanese decent, and I don't like to think about the time when Japanese Americans were interred here during WW2. Its disgraceful, yet I doubt it can happen again. One thing the Japanese had going for them was a sense of pride and loyalty. It was amazing to me that they still had it within them to allow their kids to enlist and serve this country despite the severe hardships we placed upon them. I doubt it if we could find that kind of resolve today. Too many people have relocated to this country with their wallets and not their hearts. If that would happen again, hopefully not, the aftermath would be insane.
People living here have to learn how to have some respect for this country and what it really means to have the ability to live in a prosperous place. Our "tacky" display of power is what kept this place from being a glowing nuclear wasteland during the entire cold war with the former USSR.
China is going to be a world player with regard to trade and military might. They have always had the manpower, just not the technology until a few years ago. The Clinton made sure that China now has the technology and weapons to become just that. We will live to regret that. Anything classified technology sold/stolen by China with the help of Clinton has surely made its way to North Korea shortly afterwards. I doubt it if China really gives a damn about Iraq, China is building up its military just because it is prudent to do so. They played second fiddle to the USSR for a VERY LONG TIME. China also has an ax to grind with Japan. China also wants to project a strong image towards India and Pakistan. You have to realize that there are many more conflicts going on out there besides Iraq.
We're in a time frame where stability is certainly very fragile. Leaving things alone can be very costly because it projects weakness/fear, taking action is also risky, but it may serve to preserve the peace.
You decide.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 01-25-2007 at 03:31 PM..

Old 01-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Ken,

Wow...great point, good reading...I don't understand at this point why things are not being dealt with NK in a more forcefull matter. NK is a huge threat because that president is just power hungry. China has assited the US in many ways...but imagine this...Imagine China has only kept the wool over our eyes (so to speak) and then one day just come out in true form...Against the US....Then they side with Russia, France, NK, Iran to take out the Super Power (US). That would be just chaos in the whole world.

We have had no problems with China, they actually have intervene between NK and US....Convincing NK to calm down. I hope China stays friendly with us...at the rate thier economy/technology is going...they are catching up to the US fairly quickly in a matter of short years what the US has fought for, for decades...

I would like to see the US actually keep our troops in our own damn country and let the other countries fight thier own battles. We established a set government on our own...let these morons do the same thing...

The problem is all these imigrants complain about the United States...and yet they would give thier 1st born child to live here...(not europeans)...So hypocritical they are.....I personally am an Immigrant...but I love this damn country a lot..I'm working on getting my citizenship the right way...I want to vote damn it....lol.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

Personally I feel like we are already in world war 3. Its not as defined as previous world wars but... the world is at war. There are multiple conflits in all parts of the world. They have yet to morph in to two distinct sides but... there is war all over the world at this time so yes world war 3 is here and unlike clubber lang it wont be a 3 round knock out it wil last a long time.
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 01-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Quote:
I personally am an Immigrant...but I love this damn country a lot..I'm working on getting my citizenship the right way...I want to vote damn it....lol.
stay an immigrant, at this rate, and in this day and age in the US your better off. you can get better health care then the regular true american.

sometimes i wish i was an immigrant.

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 01-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #10
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES View Post
You can't have it both ways. When the US sits aside, the UN pushes for the US military to intervene and make their resolutions hold water by backing them with military force.
US Carrier groups are a show of diplomatic and military force.
sure, but having the UN beg the US to do something connotates differently from the US's blatant display of power in taking world relations into our own hands. i think the US should sit back and turtle up instead of going out and making the first tactical moves that will set the scene for other countries to respond in kind. then at least we are not the ones initiating the attacks and put ourselves in a potential target situation. when the UN begs the US to do something, THEN we get our foot in the door, as moderator, not as attacker. ultimately the same results would be achieved, just with better ramifications.

www.2WheelAffair.com
THE ULTIMATE MOTORCYCLE PARTY SHOW 2007

ADD ME!!:
www.myspace.com/2wheelaffair

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

There are two types of people in this world, people who ride motorcycles and people who wish they could ride motorcycles.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES View Post
US Carrier groups are a show of diplomatic and military force. The UN has placed embargoes on IRAN and they carriers are there to make sure that they are enforced. I doubt it if it will be the cause for WW3. If you knew how many places our carrier groups sail to in order to project a show of force, your friend would have lost many $5 bets about the potential for the next world war.
Human nature is a funny thing. One of man's greatest setbacks are his ability to hate and to lust for war. Modern man has shown himself to be no different, especially amongst third world nations. IMHO, people just don't have the capacity to live in peace. Peace only exists when people have something to fear, usually its the fear of war/defeat. Projection of military might has prevented lots of conflicts in the past, so the practice continues.
Leaving a lunatic alone with an intention to build nuclear weapons is just reckless on our behalf. That goes for Korea and Iran.
Since the end of WW2, the US has gotten itself entangled into being the world's police. I would have preferred that we did not do that, but in most cases, getting involved to stop oppression and slaughter was the right thing to do. Personally, I have always dreamed about an America with solid borders and effective immigration system. I would love to see the soldiers come home and actually defend this country .. but from here. Let everyone else fend for themselves and see what happens then. WW3 would be almost guaranteed. In the power vacuum, lots of insane things would take place. Not pretty, but it would happen nonetheless.
Then the ultra Libs here would be screaming that we either send all the money we had in relief, or get involved militarily...or both. You will never win being an American on the world forum. There isn't enough pride in actually having the privilege to live here anymore. I am getting sick of it. I personally don't ever see the return of McCarthyism because we're hopefully wiser now. I am of Japanese decent, and I don't like to think about the time when Japanese Americans were interred here during WW2. Its disgraceful, yet I doubt it can happen again. One thing the Japanese had going for them was a sense of pride and loyalty. It was amazing to me that they still had it within them to allow their kids to enlist and serve this country despite the severe hardships we placed upon them. I doubt it if we could find that kind of resolve today. Too many people have relocated to this country with their wallets and not their hearts. If that would happen again, hopefully not, the aftermath would be insane.
People living here have to learn how to have some respect for this country and what it really means to have the ability to live in a prosperous place. Our "tacky" display of power is what kept this place from being a glowing nuclear wasteland during the entire cold war with the former USSR.
China is going to be a world player with regard to trade and military might. They have always had the manpower, just not the technology until a few years ago. The Clinton made sure that China now has the technology and weapons to become just that. We will live to regret that. Anything classified technology sold/stolen by China with the help of Clinton has surely made its way to North Korea shortly afterwards. I doubt it if China really gives a damn about Iraq, China is building up its military just because it is prudent to do so. They played second fiddle to the USSR for a VERY LONG TIME. China also has an ax to grind with Japan. China also wants to project a strong image towards India and Pakistan. You have to realize that there are many more conflicts going on out there besides Iraq.
We're in a time frame where stability is certainly very fragile. Leaving things alone can be very costly because it projects weakness/fear, taking action is also risky, but it may serve to preserve the peace.
You decide.
Ken

that my friend is one of the smartest things i have read in a long time

Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

"If we were ever invaded by any other country, you can bet your bottom dollar that US citizens will bare arms and wax any unwanted homo's that set foot on US soil."

And you bet your ass I'll be one of them.

As for the rest, I'm done typing long responses, I had enough of that at the office today, maybe later, but great thread Mark!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'