Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #16
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

Well a couple things going on here.

First off, it's basically a mob mentality. More of psychological phenominom, one person by themself might not necessarily do something lets say "illegial", but if they are in a group that is doing it the most likely will as well.

So in this case the mob decides to attack and vandalize vehicles, and in some instances go after the occupants also (not sure if this was shown in the particular video). Basically it is justified because the person in the car did something they were not supposed to. Pretty sure the group probably said something to the occupents of the vehicle, (most likely not a friendly "hello"), and of course the occupents said something in return.

I believe on another forum it was mentioned that the video's were taken in Oakland, a notoriously poverty stricken high crime area. I really have a strong distaste for people that think the world owes them something. What really upsetting is all the people in the video seem to condone the behavior, think about the 9 yr old kid with his older brother watching all of this going on, these are his role models, this is his environment. The cycle continues.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Old 06-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #17
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaka
Well a couple things going on here.

First off, it's basically a mob mentality. More of psychological phenominom, one person by themself might not necessarily do something lets say "illegial", but if they are in a group that is doing it the most likely will as well.

So in this case the mob decides to attack and vandalize vehicles, and in some instances go after the occupants also (not sure if this was shown in the particular video). Basically it is justified because the person in the car did something they were not supposed to. Pretty sure the group probably said something to the occupents of the vehicle, (most likely not a friendly "hello"), and of course the occupents said something in return.

I believe on another forum it was mentioned that the video's were taken in Oakland, a notoriously poverty stricken high crime area. I really have a strong distaste for people that think the world owes them something. What really upsetting is all the people in the video seem to condone the behavior, think about the 9 yr old kid with his older brother watching all of this going on, these are his role models, this is his environment. The cycle continues.

Well said

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack