Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

What a Day
Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy
Default What a Day

Well considering I just recently got my truck back on the road I decided it was time to get it inspected.

Well I noticed my axle seals were leaking so I decided to replace those before I failed at inspection for grease covered brakes. All went smoothly took a few hours. Unconnected brake lines ABS took out drums axles etc etc.

(12:30PM)Today I go to the Inspection station in fleminton, about a 30 minute drive. Get the the entrance on 202 pull in and come to a dead stop. About 30 cars in front of me. Thats great. Decide to wait it out.

(1:30PM)About half way through the line I notice my brake light comes on. The peddle starts to get mushy. I get out and look at my back tires....on the back right I see wet stuff....all brake fluid. Great I didn't tighten the brake line back enough and its leaking out. What a fucking day.

(2:00 PM)So I decide to go through inspection anyway and even if I did pass for the brakes I would have failed for a windshield wipe blade go fucking figure. So me and my dog hop in the car with a brake peddle that now goes to the floor for a drive home. What a fucking day.

Oh and by the way I have a big ass bright red sticker where my inspection sticker used to be now its about twice the size.

(2:45)So I get into hillsborough and I'm on amwell road, I pass a Hillsborough Police Officer and see him whip a U turn. So being the good citizen that I am and knowing Police I just pull onto the nearest side street and stop and wait for him to reach my location. He walks up to the car and says " How did you know I was stopping you" I replied " I think this big ass sticker probably has something to do with it" We both laughed he looked at the Fail notice for inspection and sent me on my way without a problem.....( At this time I remember I was also on my cell phone at the time without a seat belt when he passed me ) What a fucking day. (guess it could have been worse)

(3:00) So I go to a local auto place and decide to buy some brake fluid and 2 cans of brake cleaner. I proceed to tighten everything and secure the brake lines. Lookin good.

(4:00) I now decided to take my truck for a test run only to find out that there is a shit load of air in the lines.....I then proceed to beg and plead with my mother and brother to come out every so often to pump the peddle for me.

(5:30) The peddle still feels like shit and its cold and I'm hungry and Im pissed and haven't eat since 11AM. I back the truck into the garage eat dinner and relax until a buddy comes over to help with the brakes.

(8:00) After I bleed all four brakes multiple times they still suck. I decide to say fuck it and go out after I eat some food. What a fucking day.

(8:30) My friend and I decide to go to Wawa to get some energy drinks.

(9:00) All is said after hanging out for a bit I pull out in my truck with its shitty feelings brakes and make a left on triangle road and arrive at the traffic light at 206. All girl in a silver honda civic comes speeding up in my rearview and proceeds to stop short inches from my truck (or so it seemed).

(9:05) Considering I'm a little aggravated I put my truck in reverse (its manual so its very easy to do) just to make the lights go on and see if shes even paying attention.....not even a blink shes too busy playing with the radio.

(9:07) I proceed to cross 206 with the civic still tailing my ass. I make a right using signals and all because I fear for my safety with this lady tailgating me. I am now heading towards another intersecting road with a stop sign which applebees dunkin donuts etc. are right off of.

(9:10) I come to a complete stop at this stop sign and signal my right hand turn. Before I commence my turn I check left and right and notice a man starting to cross the street out of applebees.(About 50 feet away) Then and there I decide I will stop for him. I acclerate through 1st and shift into neutral to coast and slowly begin to apply my brakes.

(9:12) I come almost come to a stop as the guy is just about to hop onto the curb and then BAM.....the same fucking girl who has been tailgating rear ends me without even stepping on the brakes. I had a feeling if I stopped this would have happened which I'm kind of glad I did because if I didn't let the guy cross she may have taken him out instead of hitting me. I approximated the speed of the vehicle when she consequently failed to stop to be about 15-20mph. What a fucking day.

(9:13) I am on the phone with the Hillsborough PD dispatcher telling her that I was involved in a minor signal 11 (Motor Vehicle Crash) with no serious injuries. She assumes am a PO and says she will have an Officer there shortly.

(9:14) I pull my car forward a bit to hear that disgusting cracking of metal and plastic and get out to ask the operator of the vehicle if she was injured. She proceeded to tell inform me she was not injured. I proceed check out the damage to the female driver's car from a distance without observing mine (Kind of scared at this point to look)

(9:15) The Hillsborough Officer pulls up and asks for our Credentials and subsequently proceeds to asks me what has happened. I explained that I yielded to a pedestrian crossing the street and she struck me from behind. He nods his head and takes my things and goes to talk to the female driver.

(9:20) The Officer comes back out and pulls me to the side telling me that she said that I stopped short and that's why she hit me, however keeping the witness there he was able to inform the Officer that I never completely stopped and only slowed down to allow him to pass safely. The Officer explained to the female driver that I could have slammed on my brakes that it is her fault since she was not in control of the vehicle at the time of the crash. The female driver never really said anything to me or asked to see my insurance information.

(9:25) After speaking to the Officer he stated I should call my insurance company to let them know what took place just in case the female driver decides to file a claim against my insurance to cover my ass ( Pete feel free to chime in here as to what I should do I did take pictures of the incident with my camera phone as well as pictures of my rear (heh) in my garage with proper lighting)

(9:35) I leave and laugh as the girl waits for her car to be towed. In all I suffered no real visible damage to my vehicle however the female driver's front end was more or less done. Both headlights were smashed the hood was folded up about 10 inches from where it should have been. Her radiator was on a 45 degree angle oozing anti freeze and there was some nice scrapes and dents as well as a hole where my hitch subsequently decided to stop her vehicle.

(10:00) What a fucking day.

And the damage maker

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Last edited by Kennedy; 02-20-2008 at 01:28 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Kennedy
Cake Cop

repost

Last edited by Kennedy; 02-20-2008 at 01:28 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Sorry to hear about your bad day Chris. But haha to that stupid bitch. She got what she deserved.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Next time take the bus when your car fails inspection...

sorry to hear you had a crappy day. Glad you suffered no real damage.
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

wow dude, glad you are ok.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

frame damage, complete loss (get a car that works) lol

Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
lol.

Sux about yer day.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Last edited by Cakes206; 02-20-2008 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #8
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

let today be the day of less crappiness.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
Xracer264
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Xracer264 Send a message via Yahoo to Xracer264

Hey Chris glad your ok and it wasn't too bad of a hit to your truck but if you need anything I know someone in the business

"Me and Max we no like" Valentino Rossi in "Faster"

Old 02-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Quote:

Pete feel free to chime in here as to what I should do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
lol.
HGH, Muscle Milk...power bars!!!!!!!!!!

Na, man...sounds like you did the right thing. Busted vehicles, pics, po's...sounds like all the all the makings of a vehcile accident.

Seriously, if you want of need to fix the damage on your vehicle, just claim directly through her policy. When you get the police report, it should have a 3 digit insurance code for the party that hit you. If you would like, call me (once you get the report) and I can give you the info on the company. Call them, tell them you were hit from behind and need to get your vehicle fixed ASAP. Tell them you need a rental (if necessary.) They will fix your vehicle, and you should be able to smooth sailing from there.

Or just go get a few estimates of what you want fixed, ask the woman if she wishs to pay you directly. Remember, your truck isn't in the best shape, if it gets reported to her insurance, and the cost of the damage exceeds the cost of the vehcile...it may be a total loss. Unlikely...but possible.

Remember, its red flags when someone hits you from behind. They were out of control of thier vehicle, most insurance companies don't mess around with these claims, it's pretty cut & dry, they just play'em.

Last edited by Marker54; 02-20-2008 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Thanks guys as for the Inspection Ken it was a spoof nothing really wrong with the truck I had planned on going back that same day to the inspection station however it had closed before I had gotten done with the work I was doing to it.

Joe after a day like that I needed a good redbull

I will probably take a ride to the PD and grab a copy of the report. To see what was written.

Jesus that was a long post I can't believe you guys read all of that

Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Marker54
State Farm Pimp

Quote:

Jesus that was a long post I can't believe you guys read all of that
I know dude, I started it at home, then said na...this is one for company time!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Got a copy of the Police Report I'll be posting it up.

Last edited by Kennedy; 02-20-2008 at 02:19 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #14
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

She hot?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #15
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Now that you mention it.......