Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #31
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaducati
i went to the site and saw that the ART basic course runs $250 but what are the hidden costs like renting a suit and/or a bike, etc...

Hidden costs?
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #32
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

I think the hidden costs arent with the org they have all the prices out there for rentals and that sort of stuff, but yo uhave to factor in getting the bike there, then food and fuel and anything that may come up in case of a get off or not passing tech. I have learned over the last 2 years that this stuff adds up real quick, and am glad I have a decent job soI can make as many days as I can

Tom

Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #33
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac
I have learned over the last 2 years that this stuff adds up real quick
I'm actually considering giving up street riding after this season is up...put more emphasis on even more track time...maybe take an advanced riding class too

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #34
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

The would be too much for me I still like the weekend rides to go up past bear mtn, and that sort of stuff, plus some of my friends are street only riders and its still fun to take off for the day and just ride and take in the scenery which I tried once on the back straight at pocono and wondered why I missed that turn

Tom

Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #35
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac
The would be too much for me I still like the weekend rides to go up past bear mtn, and that sort of stuff, plus some of my friends are street only riders and its still fun to take off for the day and just ride and take in the scenery which I tried once on the back straight at pocono and wondered why I missed that turn

Tom
LMFAO at the Pocono comment Yea, thats cool, you got the group of friends to ride with once in a while out there. For me, I'm not the street rider I used to be. Also way to congested with traffic in the area. Figure I can get a nice chunck of change for the street bike and put towards the track. Maybe even look into another track bike with a year or two.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #36
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
LMFAO at the Pocono comment Yea, thats cool, you got the group of friends to ride with once in a while out there. For me, I'm not the street rider I used to be. Also way to congested with traffic in the area. Figure I can get a nice chunck of change for the street bike and put towards the track. Maybe even look into another track bike with a year or two.
I guess if I ever hit lotto I would do that. Now for me when we hit the twisties I dont even care if we get hung up becasue i know I have the track to let loose on. I still have a few roads where I would like to turn it up some.

If NYC fixes my futura ( which they should, long painful story) I woul duse that for commuting and want to do more touring/overnight sort of stuff. Plus I could pull the TL off the road and completley re do it with new plastics paint and some other bits to have as the occasional twisty bike/poser bike.

Tom

Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #37
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES
Why would you want to rent a bike when you "gotta ducati"??
Ken
youre right. but when you see someone like casey stoner highside his bike its gotta make you nervous for what can happen to yours. i mean, i was glad to see he was ok but honestly my first thought was, "holy shit!! he just ruined his bike". and what do you do if you total your bike on the track? sweep up the pieces, call a tow truck, and take a cab home? that would suck.

this is probably just a bunch of crap that someone who has never been on the track says and thinks but im someone who has never been on the track..

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #38
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
I'm actually considering giving up street riding after this season is up...put more emphasis on even more track time...maybe take an advanced riding class too

HOWEVER, when you hear stuff like this it makes you think, "it must be awesome"

Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #39
Bster13
Short Shifter

Quote:
this is probably just a bunch of crap that someone who has never been on the track says and thinks but im someone who has never been on the track..
Nope...they always say, don't track anything u wouldn't be willing to chuck in the dumpster. Have ya seen my SV650? lol
03' ST1300 Street

Old 06-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #40
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
Hidden costs?
i guess by hidden costs i meant "additional costs" over and above the $250.

but now that i have your attention, CBRBob - you being the track guru and all - what advice would you give someone who was thinking about a track day for the first time? is there anything they should know or do before coming?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #41
Bster13
Short Shifter

I'm not Bob, but I like to open my big mouth so...

-Rent a small HP bike or bring one to the track. The smaller the HP the faster your learning curve IMO.

-Check your ego. There are sooooo many fast guys at the track above and beyond us. Just have an open mind, practice exactly what they tell u in the school and I'm sure u'll come out a much better rider after the day is done.

-Hydrate!
03' ST1300 Street

Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #42
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13
Nope...they always say, don't track anything u wouldn't be willing to chuck in the dumpster. Have ya seen my SV650? lol
no i never saw yor bike but i hear ya..i noticed that all you guys seem to have more than one bike (one for the track and one for street)
if i total my bike - im beat. game over. and even if the damage is repairable its still gonna take time and thats time away from riding. new jersey weather only gives us like 5minutes worth of good riding weather so i try to suck up as much of it as i can, ya know.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #43
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaducati
what advice would you give someone who was thinking about a track day for the first time? is there anything they should know or do before coming?
Generally speaking, aside from having all the gear, and a prepped bike. The #1 thing to do is check the ego at the gate, listen and learn from the coaches. Some people go in with the "I know how to ride, I can ride" attitude. Not a good way to start.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #44
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13
I'm not Bob, but I like to open my big mouth so...

-Rent a small HP bike or bring one to the track. The smaller the HP the faster your learning curve IMO.

-Check your ego. There are sooooo many fast guys at the track above and beyond us. Just have an open mind, practice exactly what they tell u in the school and I'm sure u'll come out a much better rider after the day is done.

-Hydrate!
is that your SV in the photobucket? it doesnt look like a piece of crap - it kinda looks like a ducati monster. i like it. its pretty cool. you wouldnt care if you had to throw that into a dumpster?? altho that doesnt look like a track bike? does it handle well on the track (probably a stupid question)

CAKES:
Generally speaking, aside from having all the gear, and a prepped bike. The #1 thing to do is check the ego at the gate, listen and learn from the coaches. Some people go in with the "I know how to ride, I can ride" attitude. Not a good way to start.

i hear ya man. im not too worried about the ego. i know im not rossi - yet.....
im a good listener and im a quick learner so i think i would benefit from a track day but i would be lying if i were to say that im not a little apprehensive taking into consideration all the angles - ya know.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #45
Bster13
Short Shifter

Yup that's my SV...wait til u see it up front and person..it's definitely looking beat...and less and less tank capacity all the time! haha

Yeah it would suck to total the bike, but...I guess it's the most disposable of my bikes. It handles GREAT! Ask cakes, I'm sure he'll agree too.
03' ST1300 Street