Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Social Networking > Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Skydive - NJ
Old 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Default Skydive - NJ

Could have sworn I already posted this up.. Somebody messin with me?

Hey guys... Every year there seems to be some talk about it, but not sure anything has actually ever been planned...

Just throwing this out there so you guys have plenty of time to sorts things out and make plans. I *AM* going and it would nice to see all of you out there as well.

Freefall Adventures, Williamstown NJ (south jersey, by Camden/Cherry Hill area)

http://www.freefalladventures.com

I am looking at the weekends of May 13th-14th and May 20-21st...

If enough people are interested we can get a group rate and I will set something up, but that will require a commiment other than "maybe", "I think so", and "probably".

Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Well i always thought that it was real expensive to skydive but i just checked the site and it doesn't look that bad. You can save money from ordering online. So i'm gonna keep this open and really try and do this. You can only live once. Right?

Here is the info i got from the site for all the lazy people:

Quote:
Located at the Cross Keys airport in New Jersey and only a 15 minute ride from Center city Philadelphia Freefall Adventures offers the fastest way to be introduced to sport parachuting. Our tandem skydive program is the right choice if you are looking to "do it once", or if you wish to pursue becoming a licensed skydiver. During a tandem skydive you are securely fastened to your tandem instructor whose vast skydiving experience will ensure you get the most out of your freefall adventure.

After a training session with your instructor, you will board one of Freefall Adventures’ turbine equipped aircraft for your fast climb to 14,000 feet (2.5 miles) above the ground and full view of the Philadelphia, Atlantic City Skylines. After receiving your final safety checks, you and your instructor will exit the aircraft and then experience at least 60 seconds of freefall before you and your instructor deploy a parachute specially designed for two people. After enjoying the beauty, serenity, and thrill of the view under a parachute, you will then work with your instructor to fly the parachute back for a landing right in front of the observation deck here at the Cross Keys airport. Then if you have purchased the video option you can watch it approximately 15 minutes after your landing.

Tandem Skydive
Includes everything you need to make a first time, or recreational tandem skydive. Save $14.00 off our normal price.
Must be at least 18 years old and weigh fewer than 250 pounds!
Price does not include $30.00 Gear Rental Fee.

Online purchases are refundable for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase for a fee of $30.00.

FIRST TANDEM SKYDIVE FOR ONLY $139.00

Add $30.00 for gear rental.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 03-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

I used to think i wanted to skydive, but I guess I never thought about the price! Actually can't do it at this point, even if I wanted to. I'm getting married on that weekend. If I didn't die doing it, the fiancee would for sure kill me once I got home!
I had an opportunity to do it before, and I let her talk me out of it, so since I actually got a bike, I can't do anything else remotely "adventurous."

Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Hey jeff you can count me & my girl in. Just let us know what date and when you need the $$$

Yeah i'm gonna jump out of a plane if i don't chicken out.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 03-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i
Yeah i'm gonna jump out of a plane if i don't chicken out.
Jumping outta planes, doing track days, he's stepping up his game this year folks. You should step off that plane in your helmet and full leathers, that would make for a great pic.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Kurts1000RR
Tank Slapper

Its a little far, I usually go to Allaire Airport near Belmar.........but thats a big maybe!

MySpace MyWork

Old 03-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

The one time you don't need a bike to travel at 120mph...and it's all 100% legal. :sweat:

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Last edited by High_Revs_17; 03-03-2006 at 01:15 PM..

Old 03-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Kurts1000RR
Tank Slapper

THE most exciting experience of my life!! Makes you question your sanity.

MySpace MyWork

Old 03-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
Mack
Washes njf4i's Back With a Pink Loofa

Send a message via AIM to Mack

the last plane I jumped out of crashed three months later and all the sky divers in it died.....really don't want to do it again....I like the bike better

Old 03-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
Kurts1000RR
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
the last plane I jumped out of crashed three months later and all the sky divers in it died.....really don't want to do it again....I like the bike better
:uh: Yikes! I hate hearin stuff like that.

MySpace MyWork

Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

It's really hard to describe the feeling of skydiving. Few things compare. Dragon... I wouldnt admit to such things, you are better off saying you are chicken.

Nick + 1

Kurt.... I think skydiving near the shore would be great, but after going to Freefall adventures I would have a hard time picking anyplace else.. Freefall adventures does nothing but skydiving. Allaire and Lakewood are small airports that just happen to do skydiving on the side, and I dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about that..

I think Ron should give this a try, you just have to get your legs out of the way when landing

Old 03-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #12
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
It's really hard to describe the feeling of skydiving. Few things compare. Dragon... I wouldnt admit to such things, you are better off saying you are chicken.

Nick + 1

Kurt.... I think skydiving near the shore would be great, but after going to Freefall adventures I would have a hard time picking anyplace else.. Freefall adventures does nothing but skydiving. Allaire and Lakewood are small airports that just happen to do skydiving on the side, and I dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about that..

I think Ron should give this a try, you just have to get your legs out of the way when landing
skydiving is amazing! i went once in atlanta, ga. the cost was only about $130. and then 25 for pics and 25 for a video. i believe move places will do dvds now. watching the people fall out of the plan in front of me was one of those moments where i said to myself...'woah, this is f*cking crazy! this is perfectly good plane!' in the end, i'd say everyone should try it at least once if you're not afraid of heights, falling, etc. btw, when i went, the told us to hold up our legs straight out so we'd land on our asses. it was a soft landing. the only downside to the whole thing was that they made us wearing these fruity purple suits.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 03-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #13
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
I can probably do it next year after I'm medically cleared.

Interesting fact about my injury is that tibial plateau fractures are much more common from skydiving incidents because it takes a good amount of verticle pressure on the leg to cause such an injury.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #14
Kurts1000RR
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Company called SkyDiveJerseyShore is where I go. Thats all they do too. They just have a hanger at Allaire. Nice guys, but they are more expensive than that with the video it was $310.

MySpace MyWork

Old 03-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #15
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

this is just stupid enought that i woudl probably do it...

put me in asa maybe...