Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Female Riders
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate
View Poll Results: Would you attend a Ladies ONLY Trackday at Pocono Raceway in 2006?
Count me in! I'm there! 2 20.00%
More than likely yes, but I'm not 100%. 3 30.00%
Maybe...I need coaxing. 1 10.00%
No, I am not interested. 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Female Only Trackday in 2006
Old 09-18-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up
Default Female Only Trackday in 2006

I am thinking of trying to get a "female only" trackday going for 2006. I will either organize it independently our with the assistance of the club I already coach for. It would also be cool to get a manufacturer involved as well as all the other promotional bits but those are details to be worked out after the interest is voiced.

It would include instruction for those that have never been on the track before as well as instruction for those that have been. But I have a feeling that this will serve as an introductory course for many and that is just fine. You have to start somewhere and why not do it with a bunch of other female riders in a non-pressuring helpful environment?

But this is just to test the water to see if there is enough interest to merit the effort required to make this happen.

It will more than likely be at the Pocono Course since there is a limited # of places to go unless anyone voices up and states that they would be interested in other venues such as Summit Point, Beaverun or VIR. Pocono has several configurations and the East section gets the most use but honestly, the east course is the easiest to coach on and it isn't an intimidating track. The North track or FUSA configurations also provied interesting options.

So, LADIES ONLY, voice your opinions and let me know what you think! 2006 could be your first trackday and the start of your new addiction!
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 09-18-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
Vin
Ducaddilac

Send a message via AIM to Vin

I have stickied this.

Facebook | Flickr | NYCGo - New York City

Old 09-18-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Jen, sorry for posting up in here being im not a Female but i couldnt resist after scrolling down and seeing Female Only Track Day in 2006.

But Brendas been talking about trying a track day so Onedwn5up please sign her up if you need the money in advance like next week, next month just let me know and i will send out the check ASAP even though its not for some time now.

Once again Jen im sorry for posting up in here, but i want to see Brenda get on the track and she wont do it unless i jump the gun for her.

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Last edited by John712; 09-18-2005 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
HondaGalToo
Burnout

I've "been there, done that" with the women's trackdays with various organizations, so I don't need the all-women's environment to get me to the track. Some women need that for the first time out, so I think it's a good thing. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, my first trackday was an all-women's Reg Pridmore CLASS at Loudon in '95. If there's instruction for intermediate riders as well as new riders, I'd most likely attend. I'm always up for more instruction, and it would be great to meet some women (and whatever guys show up to spectate! ) from SBA.
As much as I'd prefer a different venue, I think Pocono East would be the best bet to get women out for the first time. It's local.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #5
MeiLong
Learner's Permit

There are already several all women's track day events throught the US . . . They have hundreds who attend, and I don't mean just female racers of all track skill levels, but also in attendance are sponsors and female specific vendors (i.e. gear, etc), exceptional coaches, etc. It's would be far easier to attend an event that is already scheduled than it would be to try to rent a track for a day, find sponsorship, and get a large group of women riders together on the same day.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
pmdez
Burnout

i'm definitely interested!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #7
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

The point of this is to see if the interest is there. I already coach for a club called TeamPromotion.com . They by far have the best run sportbike club that I have ever been involved with. Glen (owner) has more dates annually than almost everyone else combined so he is my natural pick for putting something like this together. I am going to speak to him about it on Saturday when I get to the track.

This creates a different opportunity than most events. And yes, there are a number of events around the country but they are usually sold out way in advance and I cannot recall the last time there was anything around here. I think there might have been something out at Beaverun like a year or two ago but for most that is too far to travel. So the natural thing to do is hold it at Pocono.

TPM has had assistance from Yamaha at some events and due to the recent exposure of Sportbike tracktime and their event in Las Vegas withthe help from Kawasaki this may present a great opportunity to the other manufacturers.

Again, the point right now is to just get the interest going. I can see this as being a very fun and helpful event. Please keep the thread going if you are interested.

Also, I am not familiar with every forum board out there. If you frequent another board, copy & paste this as a post or past the thread in there. Every bit will help bring this to fruition.

I am going to try to add a poll, so please respond to that as well.

I will keep everyone up to date on my convo with TPM's owner after this weekend.
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 09-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

This will not be an "intro only" day. During registration you will be segmented for intro, experienced, racer, etc.

There are a few gals that are members of TPM that race and are pretty phenomonal. I have seen them race and ridden with them. I will be looking to get these girls out there to help with instruction and to say some words of encouragment. One girl, Crystal Campagnac, is all of 4'11..maybe 5 feet tall. She races an RS 125 2-stroke but started out on a ducati 900. She's quiet and soft-spoken but rips on the bike. She's had a number of top 5 finshes this season racing against the guys and one race in particular I watched her take 2nd.

And there will be a handful of guy instructors out there as well to help out and assist but I am going to try to limit it as much as possible to keep the testosterone quotient low.

So to answer you question, there will be instruction available for those with previous track day experience.

Check out a story on Crystal HERE

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php...id=news_071205

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
I've "been there, done that" with the women's trackdays with various organizations, so I don't need the all-women's environment to get me to the track. Some women need that for the first time out, so I think it's a good thing. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, my first trackday was an all-women's Reg Pridmore CLASS at Loudon in '95. If there's instruction for intermediate riders as well as new riders, I'd most likely attend. I'm always up for more instruction, and it would be great to meet some women (and whatever guys show up to spectate! ) from SBA.
As much as I'd prefer a different venue, I think Pocono East would be the best bet to get women out for the first time. It's local.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #9
Divine Tragedy
Squid

Send a message via AIM to Divine Tragedy

I have never done a track day but I am very interested in it. Can you all tell me more about it?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain - C.O.F

Dimebag Darrell
1966-2004

My live Journal \/\/\/
http://www.livejournal.com/users/tragedy_666/

Old 10-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #10
neebelung
Tank Slapper

Send a message via Yahoo to neebelung

Sounds like a blast, but I'm still wayyyyyy to wet behind the ears for this kinda thing. Maybe by 2007, though!

Old 10-08-2005, 10:47 AM   #11
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

I have never done a track day before, but will if the timing is right.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #12
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

Michelle is hoping to do her first track day on a bike next season (allready been doing them in a car for many years), so I'll let her know. I'm sure she would be into it
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 11-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
Barbi
Unscheduled Blond Moments

If I wasn't so far away from you northern folk, I'd love to! Like hondagal, I've done the track day before with da boyz so I don't really need "coaxing" but I think it'd be fun anyway.

Looks like fun
Old 04-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #14
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly
Default Looks like fun

Hmm...this looks like alot of fun. I just got my license and am still very new to riding but this seems like something I might want to try. Would you suggest I get some more ride time/experience under my belt before even thinking about this???

Shel

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard

Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl
Hmm...this looks like alot of fun. I just got my license and am still very new to riding but this seems like something I might want to try. Would you suggest I get some more ride time/experience under my belt before even thinking about this???

Shel

Track riding is probably the single BEST thing you could do for yourself! Not only will it give you a ton of confidence and great habits, but it will also help you to NOT learn BAD habits

Team ProMotion www.teampromotion.com has a fantastic coaching staff. A wonderful club all around! If you were to do your first trackday with them you would be required to participate in their ART Basic class. I took it 3 years ago and I'm so glad I did.

Please, feel free to PM me any questions you may have. CBRBob, a TPM coach, is also on the site. So you can also contact him as well

Hope to see you at the track!!!!