Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 10-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #106
redneckrider
Learner's Permit

I guess when Obama gets elected i will quit my job and let the high rollers support me. Maybe have my gf squirt out a couple of kids so we can get a couple thousand more every month.

I work with primarily black people, and not a single one can give me honest, well informed reasons as to why they are going to vote for Obama, and yes, they all claim to be voting for Obama. This is ironic because we all work in the oilfield, which has never done well during a democratic presidency. Sort of like shooting yourself in the foot isnt it? It seems like no one wants to hear about universal healthcare and how bad it is, or increasing foreign aid and the added strain it will put on taxpayers. Of course people who are recieving gov't aid want to see Obama elected, because he wants to help them out even more. What about me? Because i worked hard in 4 years of college and now fall squarely into the upper middle class i should be discriminated against? Why, because i am successful? Anyone who believes that he will only increase taxes on people making more then 250,000 a year are only fooling themselves. The only way to support his massive social programs is to take more from everyone.

Oh, and to the people who blame this whole credit crisis brought on by the housing crisis on the Bush Administration, please do a little research and learn that the framework for this entire mess was put into place by Clinton's administration in their attempt to get everyone into a house. This started the whole sub prime mortgage mess. Things like this dont happen overnight, or even in 8 years. They take time.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #107
FDNYDANO18
Lieutenant Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrider View Post
I guess when Obama gets elected i will quit my job and let the high rollers support me. Maybe have my gf squirt out a couple of kids so we can get a couple thousand more every month.

I work with primarily black people, and not a single one can give me honest, well informed reasons as to why they are going to vote for Obama, and yes, they all claim to be voting for Obama. This is ironic because we all work in the oilfield, which has never done well during a democratic presidency. Sort of like shooting yourself in the foot isnt it? It seems like no one wants to hear about universal healthcare and how bad it is, or increasing foreign aid and the added strain it will put on taxpayers. Of course people who are recieving gov't aid want to see Obama elected, because he wants to help them out even more. What about me? Because i worked hard in 4 years of college and now fall squarely into the upper middle class i should be discriminated against? Why, because i am successful? Anyone who believes that he will only increase taxes on people making more then 250,000 a year are only fooling themselves. The only way to support his massive social programs is to take more from everyone.

Oh, and to the people who blame this whole credit crisis brought on by the housing crisis on the Bush Administration, please do a little research and learn that the framework for this entire mess was put into place by Clinton's administration in their attempt to get everyone into a house. This started the whole sub prime mortgage mess. Things like this dont happen overnight, or even in 8 years. They take time.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #108
bondo
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrider View Post
I guess when Obama gets elected i will quit my job and let the high rollers support me. Maybe have my gf squirt out a couple of kids so we can get a couple thousand more every month....

"Senator Obama's new and expanded tax credits for low-income taxpayers will certainly cut taxes for low-income people," explains Carroll, "but the credits are mostly recaptured from middle-income taxpayers. During this phase-out range, marginal tax rates shoot up, causing economically damaging side effects. As a result, for example, a family of four in the $30,000-to-$43,000 range would discover that for every additional dollar they earn, they pay more than 50 cents in income tax." - http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/23727.html

Here's a dyno chart for marginal taxes....
Note the -58% tax rate for people under $15-18,000 and note the deepened "poverty trap". They need a raise to $30-40k just to overcome HIS deepened tax trap.

Spread the wealth! what a crock
the bottom 50% of wage earners already pay only 3% of the taxes.
the top 10% pay 68% of the taxes.
Take away 1% of that top 10% and WHO IS PAYING THE TAXES?

I'm a "typical white person" and I approve this message.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #109
bondo
Short Shifter

Spread the wealth?

Has anyone looked into Barack Obama's S.2433 : Global Poverty Act ?

.7% of OUR country's GDP (hundreds of Billions$$) would be dumped into the UN, on TOP of what we already dump into foreign countries.

Quote:
The U.N. would have the power to increase this rate of taxation.
The bill would force the U.S. to sign onto the U.N.'s Millennium Declaration, which would commit us not only to "banning small arms and light weapons" but also to adhere to the International Criminal Court Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
Quote:
The Kenyan economics expert James Shikwati, 35, says that aid to Africa does more harm than good. The avid proponent of globalization spoke with SPIEGEL about the disastrous effects of Western development policy in Africa, corrupt rulers, and the tendency to overstate the AIDS problem.
- article

Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #110
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Listen to the new audio about Obama speaking on a radio intervirew in 2001. Spreading the wealth seems to be one of his core beliefs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 10-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #111
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Yesterday on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money". I laughed. Once in the restaurant my server had on an "Obama 08" Button, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference -- just imagine the coincidence. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--I pointed out the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was very grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient "lacked" the money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #112
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

by Orson Scott Card

Editor's note: Orson Scott Card is a Democrat and a newspaper columnist, and in this opinion piece he takes on both while lamenting the current state of journalism.

October 20, 2008
An open letter to the local daily paper -- almost every local daily paper in America:

I remember reading All the President's Men and thinking: That's journalism. You do what it takes to get the truth and you lay it before the public, because the public has a right to know.

This housing crisis didn't come out of nowhere. It was not a vague emanation of the evil Bush administration.

It was a direct result of the political decision, back in the late 1990s, to loosen the rules of lending so that home loans would be more accessible to poor people. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were authorized to approve risky loans.

What is a risky loan? It's a loan that the recipient is likely not to be able to repay.

The goal of this rule change was to help the poor -- which especially would help members of minority groups. But how does it help these people to give them a loan that they can't repay? They get into a house, yes, but when they can't make the payments, they lose the house -- along with their credit rating.

They end up worse off than before.

This was completely foreseeable and in fact many people did foresee it. One political party, in Congress and in the executive branch, tried repeatedly to tighten up the rules. The other party blocked every such attempt and tried to loosen them.

Furthermore, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were making political contributions to the very members of Congress who were allowing them to make irresponsible loans. (Though why quasi-federal agencies were allowed to do so baffles me. It's as if the Pentagon were allowed to contribute to the political campaigns of congressmen who support increasing their budget.)

Isn't there a story here? Doesn't journalism require that you who produce our daily paper tell the truth about who brought us to a position where the only way to keep confidence in our economy was a $700 billion bailout? Aren't you supposed to follow the money and see which politicians were benefiting personally from the deregulation of mortgage lending?

I have no doubt that if these facts had pointed to the Republican Party or to John McCain as the guilty parties, you would be treating it as a vast scandal. "Housing-gate," no doubt. Or "Fannie-gate."

Instead, it was Sen. Christopher Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank, both Democrats, who denied that there were any problems, who refused Bush administration requests to set up a regulatory agency to watch over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and who were still pushing for these agencies to go even further in promoting subprime mortgage loans almost up to the minute they failed.

As Thomas Sowell points out in a TownHall.com essay entitled "Do Facts Matter?" (http://snipurl.com/457to): "Alan Greenspan warned them four years ago. So did the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to the President. So did Bush's Secretary of the Treasury."

These are facts. This financial crisis was completely preventable. The party that blocked any attempt to prevent it was ... the Democratic Party. The party that tried to prevent it was ... the Republican Party.

Yet when Nancy Pelosi accused the Bush administration and Republican deregulation of causing the crisis, you in the press did not hold her to account for her lie. Instead, you criticized Republicans who took offense at this lie and refused to vote for the bailout!

What? It's not the liar, but the victims of the lie who are to blame?

Now let's follow the money ... right to the presidential candidate who is the number two recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae.

And after Fred Raines, the CEO of Fannie Mae who made $90 million while running it into the ground, was fired for his incompetence, one presidential candidate's campaign actually consulted him for advice on housing.

If that presidential candidate had been John McCain, you would have called it a major scandal and we would be getting stories in your paper every day about how incompetent and corrupt he was.

But instead, that candidate was Barack Obama, and so you have buried this story, and when the McCain campaign dared to call Raines an "adviser" to the Obama campaign -- because that campaign had sought his advice -- you actually let Obama's people get away with accusing McCain of lying, merely because Raines wasn't listed as an official adviser to the Obama campaign.

You would never tolerate such weasely nit-picking from a Republican.

If you who produce our local daily paper actually had any principles, you would be pounding this story, because the prosperity of all Americans was put at risk by the foolish, short-sighted, politically selfish and possibly corrupt actions of leading Democrats, including Obama.

If you who produce our local daily paper had any personal honor, you would find it unbearable to let the American people believe that somehow Republicans were to blame for this crisis.

There are precedents. Even though President Bush and his administration never said that Iraq sponsored or was linked to 9/11, you could not stand the fact that Americans had that misapprehension -- so you pounded us with the fact that there was no such link. (Along the way, you created the false impression that Bush had lied to them and said that there was a connection.)

If you had any principles, then surely right now, when the American people are set to blame President Bush and John McCain for a crisis they tried to prevent, and are actually shifting to approve of Barack Obama because of a crisis he helped cause, you would be laboring at least as hard to correct that false impression.

Your job, as journalists, is to tell the truth. That's what you claim you do, when you accept people's money to buy or subscribe to your paper.

But right now, you are consenting to or actively promoting a big fat lie -- that the housing crisis should somehow be blamed on Bush, McCain and the Republicans. You have trained the American people to blame everything bad -- even bad weather -- on Bush, and they are responding as you have taught them to.

If you had any personal honor, each reporter and editor would be insisting on telling the truth -- even if it hurts the election chances of your favorite candidate.

Because that's what honorable people do. Honest people tell the truth even when they don't like the probable consequences. That's what honesty means. That's how trust is earned.

Barack Obama is just another politician, and not a very wise one. He has revealed his ignorance and naivete time after time -- and you have swept it under the rug, treated it as nothing.

Meanwhile, you have participated in the borking of Sarah Palin, reporting savage attacks on her for the pregnancy of her unmarried daughter -- while you ignored the story of John Edwards' own adultery for many months.

So I ask you now: Do you have any standards at all? Do you even know what honesty means?

Is getting people to vote for Barack Obama so important that you will throw away everything that journalism is supposed to stand for?

You might want to remember the way the National Organization of Women (NOW) threw away their integrity by supporting Bill Clinton despite his well-known pattern of sexual exploitation of powerless women. Who listens to NOW anymore? We know they stand for nothing; they have no principles.

That's where you are right now.

It's not too late. You know that if the situation were reversed, and the truth would damage McCain and help Obama, you would be moving heaven and earth to get the true story out there.

If you want to redeem your honor, you will swallow hard and make a list of all the stories you would print if it were McCain who had been getting money from Fannie Mae, McCain whose campaign had consulted with its discredited former CEO, McCain who had voted against tightening its lending practices.

Then you will print them, even though every one of those true stories will point the finger of blame at the reckless Democratic Party, which put our nation's prosperity at risk so they could feel good about helping the poor, and lay a fair share of the blame at Obama's door.

You will also tell the truth about John McCain: that he tried, as a senator, to do what it took to prevent this crisis. You will tell the truth about President Bush: that his administration tried more than once to get Congress to regulate lending in a responsible way.

This was a Congress-caused crisis, beginning during the Clinton administration, with Democrats leading the way into the crisis and blocking every effort to get out of it in a timely fashion.

If you at our local daily newspaper continue to let Americans believe -- and vote as if -- President Bush and the Republicans caused the crisis, then you are joining in that lie.

If you do not tell the truth about the Democrats -- including Barack Obama -- and do so with the same energy you would use if the miscreants were Republicans -- then you are not journalists by any standard.

You're just the public relations machine of the Democratic Party, and it's time you were all fired and real journalists brought in, so that we can actually have a daily newspaper in our city.
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #113
Jon FZ1
Short Shifter

I made up this little road sign to tell the story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama Sign.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	5843  
00 TRX400EX Quad
99 Ultra 150 Jetski
AMA Member

Want to see pics of my last ride to NH, VT and Canada...Click HERE!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #114
Jon FZ1
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Yesterday on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money". I laughed. Once in the restaurant my server had on an "Obama 08" Button, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference -- just imagine the coincidence. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--I pointed out the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was very grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient "lacked" the money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.
Awesome!
00 TRX400EX Quad
99 Ultra 150 Jetski
AMA Member

Want to see pics of my last ride to NH, VT and Canada...Click HERE!

Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #115
CBRBob
A 37 Production

They have a t-shirt for all you obama voters.... HERE
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 12-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #116
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I wonder how long before Obama has to start tap dancing about his possible dirty connections to the Illinois Governor Blagojevich (soon to be federal inmate) and what Tony Rezko has been singing about to the Feds....?

Change you can belive in?? Not really.
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser