Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

When asphalt cowboys go down......
Old 05-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117
Question When asphalt cowboys go down......

When asphalt cowboys go down like cheap whores. Lets hear it, crashes; where, when where; how?

I'll go first. I have crashed a few times, minor mostly. slid in the gravel type thing. BUT one beautiful afternoon lets say May 29, 1997 around 4 pm, Route 46 Mount Olive. I was on my way home from work and it happened, quickly I'm sure but it seemed to take forever in my eyes slooooooooow motion. In rush hour traffic the Ford Explorer in front of me locks up and I try to do the "CHIPS" slide. But I was to close and the tires desided not to slide, instead I high sided against the truck and then flipped over the roof as the bike lauched into the other lane of traffic. The damage: FORD- not a cratch, my SUZUKI GS 650 - dented tank and bent bars, ME- that is where it gets expensive..... from the bottom up, compound fractured heel, broke both lowwer leg bones and snapped the femur, covered with road/jean burn on said leg... the repairs: bike a few hundred dollars and the leg cost me $52,000. Eight pounds of metal in my left leg, 12 screws and two rods in place of my bone marrow. All better now but still have some ugly scars.

Tag you're it lets play nice and share

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Last edited by SAXON117; 05-25-2006 at 11:00 PM..