Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #16
jtnyc
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYDANO18 View Post
I'm signed on Aug 2 at NJMP Thunderbolt
Cool man. I'm signed up for their May dates to do Levels I-III, but I may delay taking Level III until later in the year.

I see you ride a Daytona 675? Are you gonna ride that for CSS? I got a Street Triple.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #17
lateapex
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnyc View Post
Race school
It's just a "school" not a race school, as in you get your race license with them.
Team Pro-Motion Coach #929

"It's so much better goin' nowhere fast"

Stickers: See Chris at http://www.drippinwet.com

Old 02-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
breeze
Up Chuck

Quote:
They only let you start with level 1...... even if your an AMA Expert....

besides. I'm sure I have plenty of bad habits that I can work on correcting with them. And for the price its works out to less $$ than taking PT with Mr G.....

I DID THIS SCHOOL...... same boat had to start with level 1... WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!!!!
i learned nothing at all...... when i wanted to get moved to another school(level2) that was better suited for my pace and skill level... it was NOT able to happen....SUCKED

also it was funny that the coaches basically just said your doing great...... my responce was... dude, im here to get torn apart so i can learn how to go faster, i dont need a pat on the back......... responce: well, next time sign up for the right school.....

you can only sign up for 1.......i dont know

maybe i got a little more help from glen than most people do but his art3 was worth every penny..... i also had the advantage of being the only member doing it that day... but i must say glen has worked with me numerous times since then for free.......... am im not trying to kiss ass to much.......lol

also just a hint- you can work something out with glen to bring down the art3 price........like if your doing a track day the day after......you might get that day for free...
C.C.S.#323
METRIC DEVIL MOTO RACING
supported by: TPM/Heroic/Pirelli/Penske/Full Spectrum

Last edited by breeze; 02-19-2010 at 05:11 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

Uh, breeze.....you may want to looky here:

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=art_pt

"Level III school will accept up to three students and will have a minimum of two top level
instructors. Intermediate rider level is required. When taking a two day school (BACK TO BACK
days) an additional track day will be included at no additional charge to practice what was
learned. "

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
breeze
Up Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocRob View Post
Uh, breeze.....you may want to looky here:

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=art_pt

"Level III school will accept up to three students and will have a minimum of two top level
instructors. Intermediate rider level is required. When taking a two day school (BACK TO BACK
days) an additional track day will be included at no additional charge to practice what was
learned. "

i only did art3 on sat. he threw in sunday free........... just a track day tho.. to practice
i couldnt do two art 3 's back to back...way to much to process
C.C.S.#323
METRIC DEVIL MOTO RACING
supported by: TPM/Heroic/Pirelli/Penske/Full Spectrum

Old 02-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

Yeah, I don't think I read that one correctly....DOH!

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #22
FDNYDANO18
Lieutenant Dan

Dont get me wrong, I've taken PT with Glen and he helped me plenty. Money well spent. I am just looking for some "outside" help. If what you say is true and they dont come across with some good help then they will not see me again.

I will be riding my 675.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #23
Drew13
pharmacodical sukamocadodo

I wrote a review on this school a couple of years ago. I'll find it. If you are a track regular you WILL get frustrated. They are very concerned about their safety record and will not allow you to go fast, at all, ever...or youll get black flagged and black flagged, and then made to sit out a session. Yea, sucks.

Kieth Code’s California Superbike School Level 1:

I had been looking forward to this day for a long time. This was my birthday gift from my wife. I used the schools bike for the day. Now, it seems when talking about schools or training classes everyone has nothing but good things to say. In fact it’s almost annoying, I feel like I could put together a school in an empty lot, go in a few circles, mention counter steering, and everyone would love it. So it’s tough to tell which school you’d like best because all of the reviews are always great.

Here’s my take on CSS. First off, Keith Code was truly amazing. I couldn’t believe he taught and spoke so well in the classroom after doing a million of these schools. He was impressive to say the least. My coach came off as kind of uninterested…more like how I thought Keith Code would act. He was how you would expect someone to be who has taught hundreds of groups of riders, lots of scripted answers, seen it all, pretends to listen, pretends to be interested. There is very little one on one instruction and/or feedback. At first I was pretty excited because there were only three of us for one coach. Or so I thought, but they have other sessions in which the coach has other students participating in. So here’s how it works, you sit in the classroom with Keith, then out to practice a drill. The coach (if he has time) will tail you for a bit. Then after your session you run back to the cones and your coach asks a few scripted questions. How’d you do? What corner did you do well on? What corner did you struggle with? But you had to answer quickly and you couldn’t ask many questions because the coach has to get to each of you and meanwhile his other group is out on the track and he has to get out there asap to see them. My coach was even training another coach so if you had a question you felt like you were butting in while he was talking to the other coach…or he would simply ignore you. The other guys in my group were pretty happy with the coaching. They were new to everything so if the coach mentioned “counter steering” or “lean angle” they’d smile like they just learned the holy grail of riding.

Is it a good school? Yes, absolutely, just a few minor annoyances which one would expect or should have expected with a school this large. The classroom work was excellent and informative, the instructors have a wealth of knowledge and present it well. Keith was amazing, his wife and son were also very helpful. The school gives you a chance to practice drills on the track, which can be tough to do elsewhere, even on a track day, here everyone is practicing. Was it worth it? Yea, for $450 (your own bike) but maybe not for the $650 (using their bike). I’d definitely bring your own bike. Unless you're new to a sportbike, then this would be a great opportunity to try one. The skills ranged from beginners (prolly 70%) to expert racers.

(remember these opinions were based on my experience, yours may differ)
CCS/TPM/NESBA #717

GSXR-600
Husky 510 SM
Ninjette 250

Winchester, VA

Old 03-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #24
Drew13
pharmacodical sukamocadodo

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, I've taken PT with Glen and he helped me plenty. Money well spent. I am just looking for some "outside" help. If what you say is true and they dont come across with some good help then they will not see me again.

I will be riding my 675.
Pick a good CR with NESBA and slide him $100 and have him work with you all day. Prolly be better off and save money.

Oh of course pick the org of your choice. lol
CCS/TPM/NESBA #717

GSXR-600
Husky 510 SM
Ninjette 250

Winchester, VA

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #25
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew717 View Post
Pick a good CR with NESBA and slide him $100 and have him work with you all day. Prolly be better off and save money.

Oh of course pick the org of your choice. lol
Oh boy he said the N word

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
FDNYDANO18
Lieutenant Dan

Bahahahaha Nezbuh ... Your a riot.

I figure if I can get my coach, whomever it turns out to be, too notice and improve any glaringly bad habbits I'm certain I must have and and yet unaware of it will be worth the time and $$$. If not , I'll be seconding your review...lol