Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 PM   #16
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409
umm I dont get it. what does it matter what group you are ?

track days are not about lap times. Sure it is a good tool to measure progression but as far as track days go, the whole point is it is supposed to be fun....that's it..no more, no mas. If you did one you would understand.
I hear ya, I wish I had the chance to experience it, I probably would've loved it.

It seems the white group is an easy going fun group and there's no real pressure to be fast, but as one bumps up the emphasis becomes more about proper technique and speed to keep the pace with the rest.

Aside from joking with Chris he mentioned to me info. about his lap times when we were at Pocono early this year and it seemed to me that this is a very important factor to some of the advanced riders who want to increase their ability cuz lower lap times are derived from that.

If I had the chance I'd probably never get out of white group due to the fun factor cuz I know if I was bumped up I'd push myself and I wouldn't enjoy the experience as Chris stated. Having a lap timer strapped to the bike might be one of the greatest forms of pressure added to the sport cuz then the focus shifts and if one's into that sort of thing then that's cool, if not they seem to lose interest.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 09-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #17
duc748pilot
chicken wing

Some riders could give a shit less about lap times. But i constantly try to improve mine. Funny thing being that it is when im having fun, just doing my thing, that my times go down. You have to be in the right mentality. what its all about. I have totally not lost interest it is just so hard for me to afford this type of a hobby right now. If i race next season, awesome...if i dont i'll get over it. and if i dont ever again....i can say i did it. and that for my age and for the experience i have, that i did fairly well overall. I know that if i had the money and the time to devote...i could be up front without a problem. but i guess that money is always half the battle

Old 09-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #18
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
i have to admit....I beleive if i had no competitiveness in me i would of been perfectly happy just doing trackdays and being slow. but thats not me. When i am racing i am having an absolute BLAST. i come in after the cool down lap and im still shaking. It is exhilerating. BUT...getting the motivation to actually go, has deminished. spending this kind of money at this point in my life where i should be saving some isnt a good thing. and it has become "work" in a sense. it isnt fun anymore.

Next season i wont be racing i dont beleive. I will be racing dirt. Should be buying my new qaud in the next few months. My brother has begged me to race for years, and i know i could be really fast. So im gonna do that next season and see which i enjoy more. It is a ton cheaper...and the group of guys are awesome. im sure i'll enjoy it.

But then again who knows....i may change those plans tomorrow.

I know what ya mean regarding the loss of interest. But IMO racing's racing no matter what kind it is so you'll still have that feeling after the initial excitment of doing something new wears off. Dirt's a nice change of pace and who knows maybe you'll be a better rider for it if and when you decide to hit the track again. Everything in life takes work it just depends on how one's willing to handle the boring and draining parts of the process to enjoy the final outcome.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 09-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #19
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

[QUOTE=600rrpilot]bro.....just ride the bike. QUOTE]

might be the smartest thing you ever said
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 09-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #20
duc748pilot
chicken wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
I know what ya mean regarding the loss of interest. But IMO racing's racing no matter what kind it is so you'll still have that feeling after the initial excitment of doing something new wears off. Dirt's a nice change of pace and who knows maybe you'll be a better rider for it if and when you decide to hit the track again. Everything in life takes work it just depends on how one's willing to handle the boring and draining parts of the process to enjoy the final outcome.

racing is racing....but a 35 dollar entry fee for a 2 hour race vs 190 dollars for 3- 8 lap races.....is way more appealing. plus i dont need a 300 dollar set of tires every race. mods are cheaper, engines are simpler in a lot of aspects, maintenece. everything is cheaper. and for me, cheaper is good. lol.

and mike....stfu....lol

Old 09-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #21
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
racing is racing....but a 35 dollar entry fee for a 2 hour race vs 190 dollars for 3- 8 lap races.....is way more appealing. plus i dont need a 300 dollar set of tires every race. mods are cheaper, engines are simpler in a lot of aspects, maintenece. everything is cheaper. and for me, cheaper is good. lol.
Thinking about it now, screw dirt...you want cheap everything for track time here ya go!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 09-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #22
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

Chris - I think that the "twisting" body position is a result
of being comfortable as possible on the bike, and not an
intentional act. If these riders were to try to "open up"
their position even more to be facing directly in line with
the bike, their legs would have to stretch even further
apart to acheive the same amount of "hang off".
A minor benefit would be a slight forward weight bias
which may aid front end grip. The only thing I can think
of that may be bad about this is that you would need to twist
your neck even further "into" the corner to see through the turn
compared to a "straight" body position.
Any other thoughts out there?

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 09-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #23
CBRBob
A 37 Production

It is an un-nautural way to ride the bike. It keeps ALL of your body facing the WRONG way into a turn. This forces you to twist unnecessarily to see and control the bike. People believe in their head that they are off the bike when in reality, less than half of what needs to be off the side actually is. Of course there are always slight variations in style to riding but overall, straight out is 'correct'.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 09-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #24
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
It is an un-nautural way to ride the bike. It keeps ALL of your body facing the WRONG way into a turn. This forces you to twist unnecessarily to see and control the bike. People believe in their head that they are off the bike when in reality, less than half of what needs to be off the side actually is. Of course there are always slight variations in style to riding but overall, straight out is 'correct'.

These GP guys gotta be doing something right

But for now....I'll take your advice

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION