Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #16
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec
To each their own, but I was just saying my part. I hear you that your time is tough, and your feelings toward marriage are disgust. But I want to get married for the right reasons - not for the wrong. I know people who are married to share their life financially b/c they couldn't live alone on what they earn. I also know people who got married b/c of unwanted children. I don't want that and although, I'm young, I'm old-fashioned in marriage. I don't want to experience many men in a lifetime...I just want the one who is going to treat me the way I should be treated. I think that I'm a good girlfriend, totally honest, giving, supportive and faithful. But only one man gets those things from me and from him, I expect the same. I think divorce just sucks and I would give my all to make things work b/c that's more important to me - I mean after all you did marry that person b/c no one else made you feel the way you felt about them. But I wouldn't know how you all feel in getting a divorce, I just know from being a product of a divorce - that is sucks.
I hear ya...i was totally happy being married...100% trust of the wife, comfortable and it was so great never having to worry about dating and the bar scene again. What's weird...just 2 weeks before our divorce, my wife was getting ready to go out and I was in bed...i happen to look at her side of the bed and imagined what it would be like if she was never their anymore and was just like "whoa...no way, thank God I'm married"...lol...then it came true..dur. She wanted it, not me, cuz i didn't give her enough attention...but NEVER talked to me about how unhappy she was....she was a terrible communicator...she calls me up at work to tell me "it's not working out"...WTF?!?!? Now she's with the guy I let her hang with every saturday night cuz I wanted my alone time at home without her....so I basically drove her into his arms..oh well.

But it will be great to find "the one" again sometime down the road....that newly falling in love feeling is always great...but I'll never forget the ex-wife.

Ok...i'm going on too much about my divorce and going off track.

KEEP LAWYERS OUT OF THE DIVORCE....DO IT ONLINE!!!!! Lawyers always side with the woman and try to get them more...even if the woman is already happy with the deal. Most lawyers are scoombags like that.
Marriage should be a ONE TIME DEAL....it wont be as special for me a second time.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #17
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

She already has a lawyer, but we discussed what we each get, and i dont really see the need for one for myself, unless her lawyer starts getting greedy and tries to get more than we originally discussed.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #18
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914
She already has a lawyer, but we discussed what we each get, and i dont really see the need for one for myself, unless her lawyer starts getting greedy and tries to get more than we originally discussed.

Well if all is clear between you, her and the lawyers, you should be good to go. Hope things work in your favor. Good luck...

Old 11-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #19
MrQuickR1
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to MrQuickR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec
Billy that's not nice..
You don't know my situation to comment on that.

Good luck Kev

Old 11-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuickR6
You don't know my situation to comment on that.

Good luck Kev

I know you smell.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #21
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

perkasets is a hell of a drug!!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #22
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
perkasets is a hell of a drug!!!!
It's Percoset, yes they get the job done...now get it right you rehab rookie!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #23
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Women seem to be more in tune with the tradition of marriage than men. It's directly linked with a female's sensativity to romance & fantasy rather than religious based. They dream of their wedding day and what they'll look like in that special dress & wearing that everlasting symbol of unity being the ring. Of course the unconditional love is and should always be there. Men see it as more of an added responsability rather than a fantasy.

But prior to marriage, couples with issues who are in a comfortable long term dating situation sometimes don't think about the long term effects of what needs to be addressed because they think that marriage is the cure for that and everything will be different afterwards. Or as they grow and mature together physical attraction dwindles due to the horrible mindset that either the male or the female doesn't have to be concerned with looking their best any longer cuz they already found a mate.

Marriage is a wonderful thing, provided the couple is true to eachother day in and day out. It's all about communication, a very simple concept that never seems to be addressed at times no matter how bad things get.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #24
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

hope it all goes smoothly. good luck to you.

im surprised to hear there's no difference on who is at fault (ie infidelity) or who files for the divorce. that 50/50 split seems unfair for those situations.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #25
~Donna~
Wanna play doctor?

Sorry to hear about another marriage ending, be greatful you did not have the chance to begin a family. I too agree that if you can finalize an agreement without the expense of an attorney you both will be better off. My attorney has done very little to secure me in this ordeal and I am 25k deep. I just want out at this point in time. Good luck Kevin

Never make someone the center of your life for you will only be on the perimeter of theirs

Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #26
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Dude, sorry to hear this...good luck with it all...but big picture life goes on. I got divorced in 2003, and it all went pretty smoothly. For some reason her parents thought I was gonna fight for the house or something, so they went and hired some expensive ass attorney..$4K retainer..he did all the drawing of the papers, etc...and I paid a lawyer outta the phone book $350 to make sure I wasn't getting screwed..and he did catch some stuff...like they wanted to take my name off the deed of the home but not the mortgage..meaning, I would still be financially responisible for the home, but get no proceeds when she sold it. I didn't care about the house, just as long as I didn't have to pay for it. She made mroe money that I did, so there was not going to be any alimony or anything like that.

So yeah, Divorce sucks, but life goes on. And really, if she cheated, she is the one that didn't something wrong, not you..so don't ever get down on yourself for that. I only meet you once on that one NY ride, and you seem like a nice guy..so hold your head up bro, and I wish you the best.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

me me me
Old 11-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #27
Liltenatattoo
lil wiggle

Send a message via AIM to Liltenatattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Liltenatattoo
Default me me me

i went threw this last year. but it was a smooth divorce. no fighting over who gets what. but there was no house involved, and the cars were paid for by me and in my name. he was understanding about that atleast. It depends on how she's gonna act with the whole thing. You might need a good lawyer if she really wants half of everything. cause i think she's entitled to it. which does suck, but if you have a good lawyer u might end up with like 55% instead of 50...lol. seriously though, try to talk to her and work it out between the 2 of u. less time and heacaches if you ask me. even if you have to kiss her butt a lil. it's easier. if you need a good lawyer let me know.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #28
vice86
Skid Mark

Divorce isn't the end of the world...sure it sucks losing the woman I spent 10 years of my life with...It's still kinda weird cuz I was just used to her being part of my life and everyone always knew us as "rich and kath"....not just rich or rich and whoever. I still miss her and think about her sometimes, but for the most part I'm over it. I was suprised how easily I let her go...she wanted a divorce, i tried to get her to go to marriage counceling, she said "too late" and that was about it....i didn't beg her to stay or anything....but I also got the dreaded "i love you but I'm not IN love with you"...ech...that was a knife to the heart.

But I ran into her a few months ago at a bar and it was weird..she ended up telling me "i still miss you and love you" and we were kinda lovey dovey....it was cool for one night atlest to almost feel like nothing ever happened...haven't really talked to her since.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #29
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice86
But I ran into her a few months ago at a bar and it was weird..she ended up telling me "i still miss you and love you" and we were kinda lovey dovey....it was cool for one night atlest to almost feel like nothing ever happened...haven't really talked to her since.
Damn, you're more accepting than me, I would've ignored her. What's done is done, there's no need for those words after the fact in order to satisty any misgivings, it just makes things worse for you regarding any false hopes.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #30
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Damn, you're more accepting than me, I would've ignored her. What's done is done, there's no need for those words after the fact in order to satisty any misgivings, it just makes things worse for you regarding any false hopes.
Hey sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M