Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

maybe i was wrong.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712
Default maybe i was wrong.

ill start from the beginning here.

last week Jeff came to pick up my trailer so he and IrocRob can go to Canada
for their track days. we were bull shitting about things and then he told me
that his buddies trailer was stolen (i forgot his name but he took my bike down
to VIR last year with a bunch of others) you cant miss this trailer, big huge white
trailer. after talking for a while he connects the trailer to his truck and leaves.

2 days later some1 i know stops by, some what of a so called friend that i really dont like.but he asked me if i wanna buy a trailer really cheap. i ask him what size, how many axels, the condition and color. his responce was im not sure how big but its really huge, white with a lot of wheels. and heavy. then tells my i can have it for $500 now my eyes lit the fuck up and was like bring it here now and
put it where my there trailer was parked, side of my house. then he says i cant have it yet because theres a catch, and now im like, HERE WE GO!! he says
i have to wait a few weeks because hes gonna go to DMV and tell them that he
made a home made trailer so he can get a home made reg for it. this i know because i know some1 who did it already. then i ask him who made it. he said no one, that it was stolen close to monmouth. now i remembered what Jeff said about his buddys trailer being stolen. when he left i called jeff real quick, no answer because he was probably on track then i called Omar and spoke to him. told him the situation, Omar told me what to look for because Omar knows the people to. took me 3 days to contact him and look at it. but in the meantime he sent me a picture of it to my cell phone when i asked him to. and i finally got to go look at it yesterday.

its not the trailer that i thought it was but hoping it was. but when i got to his cousins house i asked to see the inside. and there was 1 bike a F4i. completely mangled and a shit load of landscaper mowers, pack blowers, weed wackers and grass seed and fertilizer.

but before leaving i was able to buy 2 pack blowers, weed wacker and industrial push mower with 10 bags of what i thought was just grass seed. but its 10 pound bags of grass seend and the rest weed & feed all for $50.00

maybe i was wrong for buying it for so cheap but when i put everything into my truck i was talking to him, looked at the white letters and numbers on the frame of the trailer where the hitch is, took my phone out and acted like i was gonna make a call and logged the letters and numbers into my phone. i got home unloaded all the stuff into my shed and was talking to my wife about it. then thats where the guilt felt in because she didnt yell at me or was mad. she was surprised because she know i will never buy stoled equipment and that i would spend $400.00 on new other then $40.00 on stolen. so i called the police to my house. i didnt call 911 but i called the police station and asked to send a car to my address and that its NOT an emergency. but 2 cars came anyways within 10 minutes. i explained to them (police officers) the situation showed them what i bought for dirt cheap and what else he has.

the police in my town cant do anything because 2 things, they dont have anything on reported stolen trailer in this town YET (until i gave them the numbers off the frame) and its in another town and to use what i got in good faith.. GOOD FAITH????? so the 1 police officer decides to run the numbers in his cruiser and it did come up as stolen. they will contact this person. they asked me where the trailer was located i told them. i also asked for this person address and their not allowed to give out personnal information. i can understand this. i also asked where can i bring the things i bought and that i dont care about the $50.00. they said to just hold on to them until everything is satisfied.

so if anybody knows anyone who had a trailer stolen last week. white, dual axel and big, if i had to guess its bigger then 15 feet with a F4i and a shit load of landscaping tools, material. pm me.

-John

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 05-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Hassmaschine
Mr. Megadeth

Way to go man, not always the easiest thing to do, but always the right thing... shit like that instills faith in me that humanity ain't ready for extinction... yet.

RIP Jon 08.15.78 - 09.02.03, RIP AJ.

-Ein Verstand, eine Energie. Sie mögen Motorräder und sprechen über sie!
-If it bleeds for more than 3 days and doesn't die, BAN IT!

Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

you, my friend, truly are a good man. Too bad more people in the world aren't like you!
much props!
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 05-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Excellent
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

wow.....i dunno what i would of done.....

Old 05-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Good deal John, I would've done the same thing. But I believe if you purchase something that's stolen, meaning it's being sold for a price much cheaper than it would normally be listed at for retail, there's a chance you can be charged by the police with recieving stolen property.

The thing that cracks me up is that these guys are so stupid, I don't even think they realize how much those trailers are worth, unless they're just trying to unload them as quickly as possible.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Last edited by High_Revs_17; 05-06-2006 at 03:35 PM..

Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Spealing of which.. I got this really pimp 6x10 Haulmark trailer in black I found last weekend I am looking to let go for $100!

Yer a good man John, it sucks to "narc" on somebody that you kinf of know, mostly because I would fear some kind of retaliation, but its certainly the right thing to do and I would have done the same....

Old 05-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Nicely done! Should be more people like you around!

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion

Old 05-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #9
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

1 word Karma!!!
Good for you for doing the right thing. The probably put that landscaper out of business with that score.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Yeah i think you did the right thing southpaw. I mean i probablly purchased the leaf blowers, and weed wackers. But in the end you have to be ok with yourself.

As for the cops pressing charges on you for receiving stolen property, i don't think there going to do that. There was an article in the paper the other day where a guy was selling stolen boat motors. They busted him and took all the motors he sold back without pressing charges on the customers.

So hopefully the owner of the trailer gets it back.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 05-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly

I'd go w/ that one...Karma. It'll always come back to ya, whether it's good or bad; props for bein a good guy. Hope the ass who stole the shit gets nailed for it...he will get his at some point somewhere down the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Dog
1 word Karma!!!
Good for you for doing the right thing. The probably put that landscaper out of business with that score.

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard