Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

SV1K ready for potentially last track day of the season..
Old 09-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Default SV1K ready for potentially last track day of the season..

Since I was only able to get one track day out of my alleged track bike, I decided to take the stock body work off of the SV and try to fit on the track bike's body work. I had already switched the wheels during the week, and inspite of the difficulties with having to use the SV rotors on the front wheel, which meant having to break four year old Blue Loctite bonding, the wheels went on pretty easily.

The stock body work for the SV actually came off surprising easily too. I started with the front end, which I though was gonna be the hard part, and four bolts and two mirrors later, the entire front end was off the bike. The fairing stay for the Sv was no where line up where it needed to be, so I used the stay off of the track bike..a little bending and proding, and it worked out well. I was not able to use the lower, or even close. It would have had to be about 9" longer on both sides to reach where it would connect to the upper...so, I just left it off, true SV style. I had to make a couple custom mounts for the fron and rear sections, but frabrication is fun, especially when for a track bike, and it doesn't have to be pretty.

The tail was pretty easy too...all in all, not too bad. Now all I have left to do is swap the coolant to Engine Ice, and I am set for the weekend. I may put back on the stock cans, just in case...which is the point of taking off the stcok body work....but only if I can fine what I did with the eight nuts that hold the cans to the pipes.

Here are some pics of the transformation:

1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes: