Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Bike chase/fatal pileup
Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern
Default Bike chase/fatal pileup

So has everyone had a friend tell them about the motorcycle chase in Maryland around the beltway resulting in a bunch of deaths and tons of injuries?

Sorry I don't have a link to the story but I'm sure it would be easy to find. Just wanted to start a venting/discussion thread on this bullshit.

From what I understand: A motorcyclist was evading/eluding a pursuing police cruiser around the beltway parkway or whatever the hell its called by DC. The rider swerved around a vehicle, and the cop somehow managed to run this vehicle off/over the road, causing a pileup that resulted in two deaths and 15 injuries. What I'm pretty sure I heard: the cop rear-ended a car while trying to swerve thrrough traffic at the same rate as the bike. (Last I heard, the biker is still not apprehended)

AM I FUCKING NUTS OR IS THIS COP A COMPLETELY BRAINDEAD ASSHOLE????

The biker is clearly at fault...for RUNNING. He should be charged with ELUDING/speeding, etc, and whatever else he did in the first place. NOT manslaughter or whatever else happened because of the cops dumbass move. The cop should lose his job and feel like shit because he FUCKED UP BIG TIME on a testosterone and adrenaline fueled race that was clearly a losing situation from the start. Usually these assholes think they are above our municipal and federal laws, but this jerk evidently negated the elemental laws of physics as well - a 3804739847lb cruiser CANNOT keep up with a modern overpowered rocketship on two wheels.

But Mike, you insensitive asshole, the motorcycle rider was breaking the law!!! The cop was reacting in an emergency situation making snap decisions! It isn't his fault!!

Sorry, I thought these badge-carrying schmucks were trained for snap decisions and LOGICAL thinking. This piss-funneler obviously doesn't have the wit and mental capacity to keep a job like that. And yes, the rider was a dumbass, he should have manned up and taken his tickets (I don't condone running from the fuzz - I took my citations a few weeks ago!), but since he ran, he should only be charged with things he directly did. Speeding, eluding, etc.

Sorry I'm just venting because I know this has tarnished the reputation of motorcyclists even further and I had a heated discussion with my girlfriend earlier over this. Bottom line: Rider - dumbass who fucked up. Cop - moron who fucked up BIG TIME and whos actions resulted in innocent deaths.

Talk amongst yaselves!!

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED