Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Got Gear?
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

looking for riding pants suggestions
Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
jesse370
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to jesse370
Default looking for riding pants suggestions

I searched around and couldn't find anything that really helps me.

I have been wanting to get proper riding pants for a year now, until now I have used bohn leg armour with hard knee shin armour. I plan to still use that but want something with more abrasion resistance.

here is my problem. I'm around 5' 9"-10" but I have really broad shoulders and torso ( it was a bitch to find a leather jacket that fit) and I have a 36-38 waist depending on jeans. BUT my legs are wider then my waist...I have strong legs but nothing fits and that is the dilema, I tried all the olympia pants at the local ducati dealer and they all fit great on my waist and were super tight on my legs, and if I went up enough to get them to fit my legs they would fall right off.

Ideally I would like to get a one or two piece suit but my body type would mean I would have to have a custom suit made. So that will probably be out for the time being because of time and money reasons. So I guess I will go with strong textile pants or leather pants but anyone know any brands that are tailored to fit someone like me??

Any help would be really great, I would prefer to try before I buy but last time I was in WCW I didn't see anything that was close and I hate to have ron order tons of pants just to find none fit, ideally I would like to find a place try em and buy from him.....