Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Riding the shoulder on Rt. 34...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
CuCullin
MCSE

Default Riding the shoulder on Rt. 34...

When you get off the parkway = bad idea. Lots of traffic yesterday, and hot as hell, so I said screw it and went around. Very slowly mind you, just wanted to get off the road so I could dirnk water, take a break, etc.

Anyways, did so right in front of a cop. Talked with him for a few, he was a good guy - commented that 5 other motorcyclists did the same thing that morning (it was only like 11am), and all for the same reason, "Its hot and I want to go somewhere and rest".

Apparently people in the area are giving the cops crap because it "isn't fair" that we can lane split, so on, so they are pulling every single person over who does that. I'm lucky I got off, mostly because I stopped as soon as I passed the cop, he didn't even have to pull out. Lights went on, I knew what he wanted.

Anyways, he asked me to tell everyone, so I am. Do not lanesplit or ride the shoulder on Rt. 34 heading down the Jersey shore. There will be a cop there, and they will pull you over.

End of the PSA