Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Cecil at Laguna 2006!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
Cecil
Learner's Permit

Default Cecil at Laguna 2006!

PREFACE: The names of folks mentioned are of my friends over on www.Sacborg.com

Yet another amazing time. I got to hang with great friends, see more of Cali, and converted my Wife over from the dark side. She and I actually watched a MotoGP race on TV together for the first time yesterday. She's actually interested in watching it again on August 20th at Brno.

It all started with a flight into San Francisco last Wednesday. We landed at 1:45, picked up a convertible, and drove up to Choptop's house for a killer reception. We took the long way up and were late due to traffic and sight seeing. We were greeted by eeeeek, Chop, Supermodel, Kneedrag and his wife, Evilsv and his wife, and scuseme showed up later. Lots of margarita's, beer, steaks, guns, cameras, rockets, guitars, margarita's, beers, turkey callers, swimming, and great info about the Buell racing effort at Infineon. :rolleyes:

Let me tell you, Choptop and Supermodel are the most gracious hosts on the planet. 2 seconds after getting there you feel 100% at home and you know there's a good time waiting. Youse guys are really cool peoples! My wife and I are very appreciative! Before departing Chop made sure we had no less than 3 maps to make our way around and highlighted the cool routes. And let me tell you, those maps came in super super handy! I don't know what we would have done without them in massive California.

The following morning we departed to head down to Castroville where our house on the beach was located. Again, we took the long way down with an afternoon stop in Napa. 5 or 6 wineries, tastings, and 7 bottles of wine and port later, we made our way down to the Golden Gate.

San Francisco really is a beautiful city. I wish we could have spent a little more time downtown. But we managed to get a flavor for it. I was trying to share with my wife the same experience Chop and Co. showed me last year. So Battery Spencer and a drive down RT.1 was required. Unfortunately, RT.1 is closed at Devil's Slide which made getting to Half Moon bay for some fish tacos impossible. It also made for a lot of traffic heading down 92 back to RT.1. So we detoured to 35 which turned out to be a great ride through the hills! I mean an awesome ride! We did head west again and got down to RT.1 in just enough time to drive through tons of fog and mist. Seeing the coast just wasn't in the cards.

It took all day Thursday, but we finally arrived in Monterey. We had terrible service during dinner at Sly McFly's on Cannery Row and headed back to Castroville to the house. Our house in the Monterey Dunes Colony was quite nice. We were the last couple to arrive. Sleeper and familia, Russ and Kate, Mike and Pam were already there. We cracked open a few bottles of Napa's finest and settled into the house in the Dunes. Tomorrow would be GP practice.

The view from our house: