Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

All Motard riders...get in here
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
njracer
Team Kessler

Default All Motard riders...get in here

The 2007 Raceway Park Super Motard schedule is here. Races will be run by www.esmra and I can't wait!!!

3/11 - practice
4/1 - race
5/13 - race
6/17 - race
7/15 - race
8/12 - race
10/27 - race

Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

wow, thats a lot more local than traveling all over the place roadracing. Too bad I'd have to build a supermoto bike. And it would be like starting from scratch all over again. Supermoto is a lot different than a sportbike as far as handling and style are concerned. But supermoto is funnnnn.

Whats the smallest displacement class that they have that adults can run? I have a mini supermoto bike. Either that or I can slap some supermoto wheels on my kx500. That wouldn't be too much of a handful. The 4-strokes are so much easier to ride and not nearly as violent.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedwn5up View Post
wow, thats a lot more local than traveling all over the place roadracing. Too bad I'd have to build a supermoto bike. And it would be like starting from scratch all over again. Supermoto is a lot different than a sportbike as far as handling and style are concerned. But supermoto is funnnnn.

Whats the smallest displacement class that they have that adults can run? I have a mini supermoto bike. Either that or I can slap some supermoto wheels on my kx500. That wouldn't be too much of a handful. The 4-strokes are so much easier to ride and not nearly as violent.
They do have a mini class that you can run and probably a class or two that you can run the kx500. www.esmra.com is the org that runs the races.

Also, if you have a mini (crf50 or the like) you can practice and race with the mini moto guys on the follwing dates ($30 for the day...and you get lots of track time).

Mini Moto dates:

march 4th
march 17th
march 24th
april 14th
april 21st
may 19th
june 9th
june 30th
july 14th
july 28th
aug 4th
aug 18
aug 25
sept 1st
sept 22
oct 13th
nov 3rd
nov 10th

Old 01-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
BIGLIZ34
Learner's Permit

my mini moto should be done by next weekend.......looking forward to making some dates and getting my butt whooped.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

I gots to get me some scooter tires for my SDG. I have the 107 4-speed. The kicker gear and 4th gear are all messed up. I think they are one in the same I believe. Is that an easy fix? Been a while since I had to take one of those apart.

Whats a good source for mini-motard tires? aside from going and getting some avon scooter tires from the local moped place.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *