Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Some thoughts of mine
Old 09-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Default Some thoughts of mine

For those of you that know me you knew I loved riding, and to me my bike was something special. Riding was an indescribable awesome feeling of freedom, kind of like a controllable roller coaster ride, and cutting thru the wind was the perception of anything I'd like it to be.

It's early as I look at the clock in an unwarranted rush to get to the one thing that's on my mind. Like a child on Christmas morning I gobble down breakfast and make my way to my bike as exciting thoughts of what will become dance in my head.

I start to suit up, putting on my gear slowly and carefully in a methodic ritual that calmed me and shifted my tone to accept what I was about to do. At this point nothing else mattered, it's all about feeling the fit and smell of the leather jacket, the encapsulation of the helmet, the form of the gloves, and the stiff awkward step of the boots.

Thru the panoramic view of my lid I step outside into the crisp morning air and it emits the sweet smell of the day as I gaze for a moment up at the vast blue sky. There are no clouds in sight so the sun's warmth on my leather tells me this is the perfect riding day.

The bike is ready as I walk around checking it points like a jet fighter pilot before take off. The ignition is on and it fires up with a glorious sound. The engine's my new heart beat linked via direct line to myself, the higher that tach needle climbs the more excited I get. My eyes open wide with a burning fury of love for each mile, I continue on in my journey exploring new places unseen.

There seemed to be no limits as one would feel in a cage, and the sights, sounds, and smells were enhanced with utter goodness as if I'd experienced them for the first time, every time. To me the world just seemed better on my bike, and it was the best therapy I could offer myself.

The sunrise, sunsets, the long evenings in the warmth of summer's touch, the attention and conversation from those that would otherwise pass me by were pleasantly inviting and added to the overall experience of partaking in something deemed special not only by myself, but from others who were proud to look on despite not even owning a motorcycle at all.

The brotherhood was special and bonds were true that would otherwise not exist if it weren't for the two-wheeled steed. Congregations of us kept the spirit soaring as we entered and conquered the locations at hand, parading around like valiant knights having returned from battle to a heroe's warm welcome.

Carefully cleaning it's surface of the minor bugs and dust of the day, great care was taken in knowing that the next time I throw a leg over it'll look as good as the last. A shine and sparkle that seemed to reflect my feeling aboard as I rode was projected around me as if it was an ora of liking.

And at the end of the day when my body was tired from the countless miles, and my mind was brewing with satisfaction in displaying those scenic flashbacks before my eyes, I'd sit and stare at my bike listening to the crinks of the hot metal as it cooled. I knew that this was one more special day in my mental rolodex that I'd never forget.

This is something I'll miss, hearing others experiencing the same ideals as their pipes roar in the distance. It brings joy yet great sadness to me knowing that this one thing in my life will exist no more for years to come. A piece of me is gone, taken away without reason or question, and all I can do now is reflect back to the days when things were great, and I had it all. It's just human nature to take advantage of things we have, yet we take for granted that those things may be gone one day.

So one thing I ask is that you do this for me; the next time you ride, embrace it, as much as you can. Ride as if every time was your last, for some of us can't get back what you have. Hopefully one day I will ride a sport bike again, but until that time comes, I'll sit in sorrow and wish I were that one on his bike that just passed me by.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Last edited by High_Revs_17; 09-03-2005 at 04:30 PM..

Old 09-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

I was only riding on the track for a while, but now i'm not riding at all... i've been going through withdrawel all this season cause i havent touched a bike.... (and yet theres one sitting in my garage)

I was looking through some of my track day pictures and i thought to myself..... I've learned how to ride VERY well, i've experienced it for X ammount of years.. it was part of my life.. now its time to move on to something else that i can focus on and that can challange me.. my point being that i've gained the knowlege, experience, had a great time, and it has added a notch to my belt...

Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpunkx
I was only riding on the track for a while, but now i'm not riding at all... i've been going through withdrawel all this season cause i havent touched a bike.... (and yet theres one sitting in my garage)

I was looking through some of my track day pictures and i thought to myself..... I've learned how to ride VERY well, i've experienced it for X ammount of years.. it was part of my life.. now its time to move on to something else that i can focus on and that can challange me.. my point being that i've gained the knowlege, experience, had a great time, and it has added a notch to my belt...
I hear ya...I just wish I had that choice instead of being forced into it.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 09-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
I hear ya...I just wish I had that choice instead of being forced into it.
how come you dont have a choice? Is it cause of your injury?

Old 09-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #5
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Wow ron that was something that i feel almost every time i ride. Yesterday morning was one of the mornings when i just said "ah fuck it i think i'll go riding" It was my first solo ride in a long time, but it felt just like the words you typed.

I know that it hurts you loosing a major part of your life. But you have to give thanks for what you have been through. Your still here kicking, you has your family and your friends, and us your brothers and sisters of the MC community.

Your a strong person that can make it through a lot more than i believe i could. Keep strong, and keep your head up. The few of us that do know you as you, think of you everytime we ride.

You'll be back with us soon.

Thanks for those words. It makes the experience that much more special....

Old 09-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #6
CBRBob
A 37 Production

I remember years back when I had a broken ankle...... I was back on the bike riding and teaching MSF classes before I could walk without the crutches! If you have it in you, you will get back on and ride as soon as possible.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 09-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpunkx
how come you dont have a choice? Is it cause of your injury?
My leg injury is severe. My surgeon said 1-10 with 10 being the worst my injury's a 10. He said I'll never get back the full range in bending my knee and if I was to ride a year from now and go down again and I re-injure my lower left leg for any reason it'll have to come off. He said I'll have to wait at least 2 years to be sure before I hop back on the saddle, and that's a very long time. It's going to take me a year just to get back to normal again.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 09-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
My leg injury is severe. My surgeon said 1-10 with 10 being the worst my injury's a 10. He said I'll never get back the full range in bending my knee and if I was to ride a year from now and go down again and I re-injure my lower left leg for any reason it'll have to come off. He said I'll have to wait at least 2 years to be sure before I hop back on the saddle, and that's a very long time. It's going to take me a year just to get back to normal again.

Ronco..here's my $0.02 advice.

Yeah, its sucks that you won't be riding for two years, but in the big picture, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I would rather sacrifice two years of my riding life than part of my leg for the rest of my life.

The riding part of this motorcycle thing is indeed fun and exciting...but what usually makes it fun and exciting is that you are sharing with other people, your friends and pals, and that's what makes it exciting. Its the RELATIONSHIPS that you form with those people though that is truely, IMPO, what is special.

Good thing is, even with out you riding, those relationships have already been formed. And, again IMO, at the end of the day, when there is no more bikes, cars, money, homes, or any of that kind of stuff, the relationships that you have with people, are all that really matters.

Stay strong brother, and everything will be all good.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 09-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #9
Islandmon
"Your Pet's Enemy!"

Send a message via AIM to Islandmon Send a message via Yahoo to Islandmon

To Doug's post. Look at the positives and not the negatives. be thankful that you are still here on this Earth to maybe get the chance to ride again. Also be thankful that you have both legs to use. It all will pan out the way it should, but always work hard and give it your best.

www.whippanyvethospital.com

Old 09-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Be strong brother....be strong. If i know you like i do, i know you will be back on the bike. I dont have to think that's it's in you, i know that it is.

Keep your head up bro!!!!!
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 09-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #11
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Remember, you can always drive to the events! See you there!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 09-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #12
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

dude fuck all that bullshit with the big words that a lot of people on here cant pronounce or even know the meaning. as soon as you get better youll be able to ride again.

so next season put your freaking gear on, get on the bike and ride, never mind all that B.S crap your talking about, CRISP AIR, GRADUALLY PUTTIN ON GEAR, SWEET SMELL OF LEATHER. dude we all know what happened to you already, upsetting that it happened. we all prayed for you.

so get on the bike next season

and remember one thing

i still love you, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AND

your dancing

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 09-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #13
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc WHAT?
dude fuck all that bullshit with the big words that a lot of people on here cant pronounce or even know the meaning
John, I'm not sure why you are so negative about the positive words that the members here have been saying regarding Ron's love of riding and his recovery, but I really hope you're not trying to make it look like we don't give a shit, "big words" or not, because that COULDN'T be further from the truth.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that you would even insinuate that the membership at SBA doesn't care for Ron or his health, with your statements of disregard

Ron, I echo everyone's wishes for a speedy recovery AND return riding, no matter how long it takes. Health is of the utmost importance and the physical shit comes later (ie, riding).

There is no doubt in my mind that you will be back on 2 wheels, but I know that you will get there when you are ready.

We all know and respect and LOVE your passion for anything 2 wheels, and that is why those of us that KNOW you know that you will return to the greatest love that you know!

If you ever need anything, please, know that I (and the rest of us that care about you) are here for you, whatever you need.

Warmly,

Sunglasses, aka Jeni

Old 09-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #14
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh
John, I'm not sure why you are so negative about the positive words that the members here have been saying regarding Ron's love of riding and his recovery, but I really hope you're not trying to make it look like we don't give a shit, "big words" or not, because that COULDN'T be further from the truth.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that you would even insinuate that the membership at SBA doesn't care for Ron or his health, with your statements of disregard

Ron, I echo everyone's wishes for a speedy recovery AND return riding, no matter how long it takes. Health is of the utmost importance and the physical shit comes later (ie, riding).

There is no doubt in my mind that you will be back on 2 wheels, but I know that you will get there when you are ready.

We all know and respect and LOVE your passion for anything 2 wheels, and that is why those of us that KNOW you know that you will return to the greatest love that you know!

If you ever need anything, please, know that I (and the rest of us that care about you) are here for you, whatever you need.

Warmly,

Sunglasses, aka Jeni
Jenni Jen..I think John was talking about " all the big words" in Ron's post in "italics" LOL...those are big words to John......LOL
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 09-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #15
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Jenni Jen..I think John was talking about " all the big words" in Ron's post in "italics" LOL...those are big words to John......LOL
I hear ya Doug E Fresh, but after RE-reading Ron's original post, I don't see any "big" words that I wouldn't understand Seriously. Except for maybe "unwarrented".

In the end, all I care about is that Ron get's back in to physical shape and finds himself piloting a motorcycle again. This way, I can show up at bike nights at Hooters in Wayne and throw my sunglasses on the ground