Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Gilles Chain Adjuster
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712
Default Gilles Chain Adjuster

anybody ever use these or read up on them..? i read up on it some and sounds pretty cool. but was wondering if you ever tried it before of so feedback is appreciated.

scroll down to where it says "CURRENT 2005 Gilles Super Bike Chain Adjuster & Swing Arm Lifter. -----> http://www.hardracing.com/GILLESRS.htm

the catalog says it fits most bikes

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

they're a great/well built product. It's hard to justify the cost vs functionality... I mean your adjuster screw does the same thing... If I had money to burn I wouldn't mind having a set, but I can think of other things that would be of more benefit for the cash...

Buy a set and have them polished to get a bit more wow out'a them...
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Waste of $$. It looks like it gives your standard style rearstand a place to hook onto, like a reverse spool. For the $$ needed, I'll leave it under the swingarm.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
Vin
Ducaddilac

Send a message via AIM to Vin

I think the website's description says it all:

Quote:
Get that distinctive, all-too-professional look of serious Superbike race steeds with this ultra-cool chain adjuster and lift kit from Gilles. The adjuster offers simple, accurate adjustment in addition to being stronger and prettier than stock. The bolt-on lift fixture will work with many bike stands. They’re both made from lightweight, CNCmachined 7075 aluminum and come hard anodized in black, titanium or gold.

Facebook | Flickr | NYCGo - New York City

Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #5
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

don't forget the lift kit is extra!
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot