View Single Post

UPDATE:
Old 09-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #34
Drew13
pharmacodical sukamocadodo

Default UPDATE:

Days 1 & 2 Shenandoah: (try to make it short)

tire warmers tire pressure 31 front, 29 rear hot all day. Ignored the first session then went out the second session and it felt terrible again. (disclaimer- there is a possibility this is all in my head and there is also a possibility that lack of skill is a contributing factor) The front end felt really light coming out of corners and was wobbling sometimes. I couldnt steer it and it would push wide hard. When I came in, I had the sag measured and the front was 46mm somehow. So we turned the preload all the way stiff and got it down to 35mm in front. It did feel better and I trusted it more and ran my best time of 26.6.

The front tire looked terrible again...maybe worse than before. I'm not sure how it passed tech. It slipped once and that was it for my confidence, so I spent most of the day waiting for Glen to check the suspension. He asked if i had been at Lightning with a front like that, i hadn't been. After a little chuckle at how bad it was set up he fixed it for me, I didn't get much feedback on what he did, looked like he tightened up the dampening and compression. He said your suspension wasn't working and now it is. I went out again for 1.5 sessions but ran only 80% cause of the tire. I didn't notice anything significant...but i was more concerned with the tire. Nobody was around to mount a new one.

Enjoying the process...
CCS/TPM/NESBA #717

GSXR-600
Husky 510 SM
Ninjette 250

Winchester, VA

Last edited by Drew13; 09-02-2008 at 05:37 PM..