View Single Post

Old 01-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

I have always felt taht the government should stay out of the affairs of private businesses who choose to allow legal activities such as smoking. One article I was reading even said how statistics show that in CA and NY where bans were already in place, that businesses were doing better. That being the case, wouldnt it make sense for other businesses to follow suit, voluntarily??!

Quite frankly I don't think its the government's job to regulate things like this. HOWEVER, take this into consideration... How do you feel about the ban of smoking in the workplace?

While to most of us restaurants are merely a place to go out to eat, voluntarily, for others it is their own workplace. Why are the workers in these establishments any less entitled of being "protected" by the same laws in just about every other workplace?

Unfortunately in life, nothing is ever black and white, and there are many ways to look at things.. For a long time I always thought that the government should stay out, and for the most part I still feel that way, but with that last thought it does shed a different light on the subject...