View Single Post

Old 06-29-2005, 08:26 AM   #11
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Thats for the 750 and 1K...it's actually different on a 6...need to look between the tank and the frame on the left side and you'll see the idle screw there...need a screwdriver.

Oh crap...now that I think about it, Doug, I got a spare fuel pump that I know has nothing wrong with it, if you want to try it you're more than welcome to!
Ok, thanks Joe. I'll take you up on the spare fuel pump.

Just an update, since I was telling people in the shoutbox and not the threads.

The guys at Omar's dealership dove into the engine and came to realize after doing compression and leak down testing that the motor is tired, very tired. There is a lot of leakage and the motor is serious need of a rebuild or replacement. There was so much leakage, that enough vacuum wasn't being generated for things to run right.

They got it running as good as the could, sinked the TB's and some other things, so it now runs better than when I brought it there, but still crappy. I am still gonna try to squeeze out one more day at summit with it, but then its getting a new motor after that.

Joe, I am still up in the air about your motor. Let me know if the coach ends up buying it or not. Thanks.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes: