Thread: How often...
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #18
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

do a search... it's been answered to death... oh wait, this is a new board :wave2:

I change my oil AND filter every 3000 street miles... I use full synth all the time. Intervals are really dependant on the use of your engine, the filters ability, and the oil you use... If your oil looks like crap after just 1k, then change it. If your oil still looks nice after 4k then don't change it...

I would suggest that if you're running dino or a blend you should keep a closer eye on your oil changes then if you're running full synth.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot