View Single Post

Old 12-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #21
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

75/hr on labor is not unreasonable. A lot of shops are upwards of 85/hr and bmw techs get 95/hr. If he wanted to keep it for several days maybe it was because he needed to order the clutch parts and parts unlimited is usually a day away on orders. So if you have no parts in hand and depending on what time of day you show up (most parts orders are cut off at 2 pm) he might have been correct in his 3-4 day turn around. But charging you 300 in parts sounds a bit ridiculous unless he was replacing the whole clutch basket as well. But things would have to be real messed up to need to do that.

Bike storage and transport might be something that I will start doing as soon as possible. I just need to get the owners boat out of the space so I can start cleaning up and working on the shop layout and whatnot. Then I have to get the alarm company in there to get that set up.

Something I will also be looking at doing is providing trailer services for bikes out to Pocono Raceway for trackdays.

If there is anything I can help you out with, let me know. And thanks for your comments.
-Eric
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *