View Single Post

Old 01-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #29
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

i did a two day course for the msf. full day sat n full day on sun.

This is my story of how getting a bike.

Registering my minivan and decided lets see if i can pass the permit for a motorcycle. Did this on Wed n passed. Looked for a bike on wed, to sat. On Sat. bought my F4I.

Tried to get insurance so i can practice with my friend, but realized no one would give me insurance unless i had a license. So i couldn't register it without insurance so i was in a Catch 22 situation. since i can't practice and there would be no way to get my license. Signed up for the Safety Course on tues. Luckily had a spot for that weekend. Pass the course, for the license on Monday, as well as insurance and registered it.

I was one without ANY experience, and got everything settled and done with in about 2 weeks. It tooks a few months practice before i got good. But even after i took the course, i was still having trouble turning.

During that period, i rode around my development twice and then realized there's going to be a consequence if i keep doing this. Even though my urge to ride the bike was so great, i couldn't do it fearing the loss of license for riding without plates, insurance, and motorcycle license. Fearing for totalling the bike i HAD just bought and hurting someone when i don't have ANY insurance at all.

If you really need to, you will find a way. Just trying to let you know that if you want it done, it can be. Regardless of how the scheduling is, i'm sure you can take a sick day unless your job is so intense that you're not even allowed to get sick on a sat and will be fired for it. Having the bike sit in the garage is rough, but its better than to slide it. Cold weather calls for cold tires and debris on the road that was left on by salt trucks.

Just think about what you think is important to you the most. Riding the bike around a few times so you can get your enjoyment now, or risking ALL your enjoyment buy risking not knowing what you are doing and ruining your entire life because you couldn't simply hold back. Worse case scenario, give your keys t someone you trust and make sure they don't give it to you no matter what you try to them until you take the course. I'm sure with that in mind, you'll do everything in your power to complete the c ourse