Thread: dyno sweep
View Single Post

Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #11
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

ya' gotta love the camera snapfoo's! lmao!!

Yea, he's got a small open trailer that'll fit two bikes just barely. Last time we rented a big uhaul inclosed trailer and his caravan almost puked a lung from trying to pull that monster. I've ridden down to Maxton before. Two up, with saddle bags! It's a pretty long very boring ride! You can camp at the airport. You wouldn't be the only one either. There are more than a few that do that and there are even a few motorhomes. The problem is there's no "facilities" only a johny on the spot.

For tech your biggest hurdles are really safety wirring (can be banged out in a day), water vs anti-freeze, and helmet w/specific snell, gloves, leathers, and boots. (I think for the <200 you might get away with work boots but I'm not sure. It's then all of the paper work that you have to go through too. You have to be an ECTA member (fee) and Entry fee. Both of these can be done in advanced. The other major thing they'll look at are your tires. They've got to be in good shape.

The LSR bug bit him bad and it's mostly my fault! lol At least that's who we blam when his wife gets pissed. TMH is going to do the turbo instal and tunning but I'm sure once that's done it's still spend a week or so on the dyno again for some additional fine tunning. He's shooting for a record too but for the blown guys it's around 225! I hostly don't think he'll get it. It's more of a seat time over anything else. The bike has more than enough power to over come the aero's he just needs to get it down on the track! I would like to see him end the weekend at 215-220 range though.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot